Author Topic: [2238] Error problems and additional questions  (Read 4242 times)

[2238] Error problems and additional questions
« on: July 06, 2013, 10:28:35 am »
Alright I downloaded the client + mapper got everything setup to the extent of my knowledge as in I have all the critter and master files setup and the server set to 4000 and that's about it after that no further knowledge some HEAVY guidance would be appreciated as the tutorial as to how to create your own server is red and sends me to fodev.com Forum page. So all in all any help would be appreciated.

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
Re: [2238] Error problems and additional questions
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 02:53:36 pm »
The "short tutorial" link is to this page: http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,29382.0.html
The link in the announcement thread works fine for me, though.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2013, 05:27:58 am »
Alright I think I found the problem. It is I don't know how to use git to download the server or link it or do whatever you're supposed to do with it.

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 05:58:16 am »
One option is that you could copy https://github.com/rotators/fo2238 into the "SVN checkout" option on Tortoise SVN (a program for downloading and keeping track of repository updates), but if you don't wish to download that, simply go to that same link on your browser, and scroll down the right-hand side of the screen until you see the "Download ZIP" link, and download that.

After you do that, replace the existing Client folder with the one downloaded from here: http://fo2238.fodev.net/source/FOnline2238.client+mapper.zip

Then the tutorial should apply. Good luck in what you plan to do!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 06:09:22 am by Ganado »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 06:33:13 am »
Yeah I'm just downloading it straight from git in zip. Anyway thanks for the help it's taking a while to download due to my location ,but thanks again friend!

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2013, 04:05:35 am »
I have a question, well I'd like to start a server on a beowulf cluster that I'm working on but I'm worried about compatibility. It's a gnu/Linux os, so will the download work in Linux? Also if I worked on it my windows 7 would it transfer smoothly to the Linux?

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2013, 05:52:20 am »
Unless you converted and compiled extensions as .so files, you have to stick with Windows. But if you'll cut extra extensions (online_stats, DevConnect, etc) then i think only Utils need to be taken care of (becouse of logging functions) before starting tests with penguins on board.

There is, however, few projects which could give you some info about FOnline+Linux - Ashes of Phoenix (was running server thru wine some months back), FOnline 2 (experiments with linux server app, due to engine bug present in windows version), probably Desert Europe (but not so sure about that).
Games are meant to be created, not played...

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2013, 06:51:06 pm »
Ok but if I download in the first place on the Linux cluster it should work correct (only my Linux master and the diskless nodes)? Also thanks for those project names had no idea there was so many other groups working on fonline projects.

Offline jan0s1k

• If it bleeds we can kill it...
    • Chosen Soldiers
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2013, 09:11:44 pm »
, probably Desert Europe (but not so sure about that).
Now unfortunately we're using windows :(
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 03:46:54 pm by jan0s1k »

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2013, 05:21:28 pm »
Oh my bad I hadn't done enough research about wine I now know what to do