Author Topic: [2238] Factions  (Read 4182 times)

[2238] Factions
« on: July 05, 2013, 12:13:51 pm »
What scripts should I change to reduce the number of players required to own a base?

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
Re: [2238] Factions
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 01:51:59 pm »
If I remember correct, it's simply a demand in the dialog of the base seller. Changing / removing the demand should be enough.

/Edit: Check the factions_player@d_HasRequiredFollowers(2) demand in e.g. junktown_baseseller dialog. Remove this to allow everyone to buy a base without having any other player in pack.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 01:55:31 pm by Lexx »

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 09:19:25 pm »
That won't work.I tryed

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 04:53:21 am »
If you just delete the demand that Lexx mentioned, it will give two identical dialogue texts (You are a scout? You must have...etc.), since now both are applicable after getting rid of the second demand, if you are alone.

In the Dialog Editor, you'll see that one Answer goes to Dialog [30], while the other one goes to [6].

The first dialogue Answer node (the one that goes to [30]), still has the demand factions_player@d_HasNotRequiredFollowers (2). You should delete this whole answer. After this, you should only have the answer option that goes to [6].

Note: You can also delete Dialog [30] once you do this, as nothing connects to it.

tl;dr Delete the Answer (green text)  "[->6] You are a scout? You must have run across some..." and delete Dialog 30.
As well as deleting what Lexx said to delete. It should work then, I tested it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 05:16:08 am by Ganado »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 04:59:58 am »
you can get the base purchase dialogue by modifying factions_player.fos.
At around line 353 within: bool d_HasRequiredFollowers(Critter& player, Critter@ npc, int num)
change:
int nearmembers = 0;
to:
int nearmembers = 3;
then run Clean.bat within server folder and re-start your server.
This should then allow purchase of base from any base seller
OR do Ganado suggested
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 05:01:39 am by stooperspence »

Offline Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2013, 05:37:48 am »
stooperspence: Your workaround is simpler and "fixes" all instances of the demand, which can also be found in dialogs such as all_base_foreworker.fodlg, if whoever doing this doesn't care about a bit of unnecessary code that could just be deleted as well as the demands in the dialogues, which would be more work to do.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2013, 09:25:24 am »
Can someone list all of the dialog that pertains to base purchasing and the DIY base as well?

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2013, 09:29:03 am »
If you search all dialog files for "factions_player@d_HasNotRequiredFollowers" you'll find the base seller NPCs. Someone probably should rename the files some day, to make them easier to find...

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2013, 09:18:21 am »
I deleted Dialog [30] but not Dialog [6]. The conversation to buy a base now brings me back to the first thing he says e.g "The name's Smiley..."

Offline Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2013, 11:43:53 am »
then run Clean.bat within server folder and re-start your server.
This should then allow purchase of base from any base seller
OR do Ganado suggested

I'm pretty sure cleaning is not needed, server should rebuild modified scripts by comparing the modification timestamp of fos with its fosb counterpart.

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 01:34:26 pm »
Let me use this thread for another issue.

I've encountered a problem after buying first base and thus, making a faction, using terminal results in "You are not authorised to use this terminal" message and  "ERR: Faction id hasn't been assigned to the map" message in server log.
When I tried to buy an additional base for the faction, the terminal in the second base was working ok.

I was able to fix the problem only by `setfaction id command, but it still happens when another faction is established by a different character.

It seems that inside factions_player.fos line 333 fid equals 1 on the first attempt to buy a base, like the character had no proper ST_TEAM_ID set.
Any idea how to fix it without messing around?

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2013, 04:06:49 pm »
It's one of a few last prominent bugs that weren't fixed during the last session (the other one is followers still going missing sometimes). I'm not 100% sure, but I think it happens only to bought bases, the constructed ones don't seem to be affected.

Would be great if someone finally fixed it :P
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 04:48:11 pm by b__B »