Poll

What should the name for the Continuation of 2238 be?

Black Rain (Black Rain = Nuclear Dust)
5 (23.8%)
Survivors
9 (42.9%)
Death & Decay
4 (19%)
Tides of War
2 (9.5%)
Other (Specify in thread)
1 (4.8%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: FOnline: Survivors (2238 Continuation Project & Server)  (Read 17905 times)

Re: FOnline: 2238 Mk2 (Name Pending)
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 02:39:41 am »
Added a poll for name ideas.
What changes are you going to do?
We will be delivering a target of features to be added in the near future :)

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2013, 09:41:46 am »
What changes are you going to do?

In my opinion this should come first, debating about the name later.

Offline Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2013, 12:05:30 pm »
In my opinion this should come first, debating about the name later.

Indeed.
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

Offline wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2013, 12:43:09 pm »
I think they already know what they want to improve. ;)

I personally like Survivors, just because it defines that it is something that has survived (2238 never ends). :D

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2013, 05:45:41 pm »
survivors for the win!  We are the wasteland survivors! So is the game in these hard times  for such older title :))))

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2013, 06:45:55 pm »
Bear in mind that if you choose a name which is longer than one word, you will always be called by an abbreviation. BR, DD, TW.

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2013, 09:02:09 pm »
I think they already know what they want to improve. ;)

I personally like Survivors, just because it defines that it is something that has survived (2238 never ends). :D
We know a lot of what we want to improve and add; however it is a list that will continue to grow, and we are still deciding which larger scale changes/improvements are more important. 

Right now one of the changes we are working on is making it so that players can have custom faction names.  This was already in our plans, but it has been moved up a few notches as it would appear that they took out all the custom faction names when they released the source (at least that is what I'm seeing, it would be nice if a dev could comment here so I'd know if I'm not just looking in the wrong place). 

Our lead programmer has been very busy with his actual career, however he should have some free time here pretty soon, and after that you should start seeing major changes/improvements almost on a daily basis.  In the meantime, I'm doing everything that I can do (I don't have near the coding experience as him). 

We would also like to invite anyone that is familiar with any area of game development to look into joining our team.  Just shoot me a pm with your talents, experience, and how active you think you'd be. 

As for survivors, now that you guys have pointed out how it can be familiar with 2238, I am leaning moreso towards it myself. 

Have no fear folks, I know some of you are wondering whether or not we will be doing any active development at all; because we have yet to proven ourselves.  I can understand why you would think that, but I can guarantee you that is not the case.  We are just a little busy at the present moment, we all have jobs, and we also run multiple servers that have loads of custom coded content that must be maintained and fixed.

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2013, 01:15:07 am »
My main question or concern would be if you're just improving 2238 or are actually planning to take it into a different direction. There is tlamk2 as a pve based fonline rich of content, fonline 2 which might probably turn out as a 2238 catering to pvp players and then there is 2238 itself, sort of a middle ground. Now, this might not tbe the best analogy and I'm not meaning to compare te qualities of the servers, but after the 2 years of 2238 I've played, I'd like to see something more than just "improvements", namely changes.

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2013, 01:27:17 am »
Right now one of the changes we are working on is making it so that players can have custom faction names.  This was already in our plans, but it has been moved up a few notches as it would appear that they took out all the custom faction names when they released the source (at least that is what I'm seeing, it would be nice if a dev could comment here so I'd know if I'm not just looking in the wrong place).

The faction names are in text\eng\FOTEXT.MSG. Most text of the game that isn't dialogs is stored in the MSG files.

Offline Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2013, 07:53:41 am »
We know a lot of what we want to improve and add; however it is a list that will continue to grow, and we are still deciding which larger scale changes/improvements are more important. 

Our lead programmer has been very busy with his actual career, however he should have some free time here pretty soon, and after that you should start seeing major changes/improvements almost on a daily basis.  In the meantime, I'm doing everything that I can do (I don't have near the coding experience as him). 

We would also like to invite anyone that is familiar with any area of game development to look into joining our team.  Just shoot me a pm with your talents, experience, and how active you think you'd be. 

As for survivors, now that you guys have pointed out how it can be familiar with 2238, I am leaning moreso towards it myself. 

Have no fear folks, I know some of you are wondering whether or not we will be doing any active development at all; because we have yet to proven ourselves.  I can understand why you would think that, but I can guarantee you that is not the case.  We are just a little busy at the present moment, we all have jobs, and we also run multiple servers that have loads of custom coded content that must be maintained and fixed.

I created custom faction names for Fallout Online: Australia, if you or anybody you know has the source ( included with singleplayer ) feel free to dig through and copy the systems I used. or at least study from them.
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

Re: FOnline: Survivors (2238 Continuation Project & Server)
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2013, 12:22:17 am »
Name has been changed to FOnline: Survivors due to community choice (Poll). 

Thanks, I'll look into the source, and have also sent you a PM :).

Offline sHoW.

• Who do you think you are?
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2013, 06:02:45 pm »
Are anyone playing here?
Im proud for my Country but shame on Salamander. If there will be NooB award he will have it.

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2013, 06:09:34 pm »
Looks like the server is offline in the moment, but you can check out Kilgore's FOnline: Reloaded:
http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,29419.0.html

Offline sHoW.

• Who do you think you are?
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2013, 06:35:05 pm »
Hey I have problem, when I start the game is endless loading, and if I press escape

this happen

I tryed everything I know, delete cahche, and I dont know some other things, but nothing seems to fix it, please help me :D

Well i was wanna try it but i got same problem.
Im proud for my Country but shame on Salamander. If there will be NooB award he will have it.

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2013, 06:53:20 pm »
I voted for Death & Decay, sounds real cool.