Other > Offtopic

Dead Space

<< < (2/4) > >>

Mike Crosser:

--- Quote from: raynor009 on July 01, 2013, 06:58:18 pm ---None of the Dead Space games are scary, If you really want something to give you nightmares, play Silent Hill or the old Resident Evil games. Even Super Mario is more scary than Dead Space.

--- End quote ---
There is also Amnesia:The Dark Descent
One of the scariest.

But yeah,Dead Space gets less scary with each installment (the third one wasn't even a horror game,just a shooter)

Haraldx:

--- Quote from: raynor009 on July 01, 2013, 06:58:18 pm ---Silent Hill or the old Resident Evil games.

--- End quote ---
Doubt it. Silent Hill is more random and to some degree psychological. Nothing wrong with that, actually. Sometimes, however, the developers seem to have put things in the game because why the fuck not. Resident Evil on the other hand... Well... Maybe I just expect something more from horror games nowadays, but it doesn't seem anything special anymore. I never played RE back in the days when it was released, so I can't really tell how much horror it really is. The new REs however are just terrible. RE4 was arguably good, but still focused on a lot more action.

Lexx:
Resident Evil 1 was really good. Everything after that only focused more and more on combat and action with every new game.

Andr3aZ:
Dunno, every time I play a sequel in horror games im disappointed (Fear1 = awesome! Fear2 = quite good! Fear3 = meh).

raynor009:
Resident Evil Nemesis was good as well. But starting from 4 and up they all sucked in terms of horror, they were more like action games with shitty camera controls and angles. I mean lol, zombies evaporate after you kill them? I want to see them bodies laying arround so I can be proud about my handy work, it's also useful if you need to go back to an area and you forgot the way, use the death trail you created to orient :))))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version