Author Topic: The Beginning  (Read 39152 times)

Offline Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
Re: The Beginning
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 02:24:20 pm »
Nice to see that you opened new forum. :) New sdk? Sounds great but do you have all sources of fonline engine or only public sdk?
If you browse thru TLA changelog, you can already can see various changes in engine made by Rotators, so that should answer your question :)
Games are meant to be created, not played...

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 02:33:11 pm »
So can you interfere with the engine and cvet is not the solo/only owner? :D Good for you all!

Offline brad smalls

• I like PK
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 03:32:48 pm »
i sence from the hostility to wards the name of Fonline 2 there will be A FO:2238 2
Brad Smalls is back

Offline Bartosz

• Rotator
  • There'd better be a killer reason...
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 03:37:31 pm »
i sence from the hostility to wards the name of Fonline 2 there will be A FO:2238 2

Nah:)

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2013, 03:49:59 pm »

It's just that the name is confusing and doesn't really tell what FOnline2 is, because "FOnline" is the cvet's engine project and the whole environment around it and they don't make the second version of it, more like second (better) version of FOnline:2238 server from what I have heard. But it's not our problem.

We have no intention to be hostile towards anyone, especially developers (it would be quite silly considering that we run forum dedicated to FOnline developers) :)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 04:24:32 pm by b__B »

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2013, 04:44:11 pm »
Btw. in case someone doesn't know yet: http://fo2238.fodev.net/

Offline hejmr

• Berlin.
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2013, 08:40:50 pm »
Good to see you decided to publish the 2238 source. Way to go! Also wish you good luck with your future plans, it's a saints' work.
Ok gente, temos que ficar calmos e fazer a coisa certa. Temos que matar Mushushu e o enterrar no quintal de Napalm.

Offline S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• Some random guy
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2013, 09:21:22 pm »
Yaaay
Back In-Game :D

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2013, 02:10:04 am »
Rotators, good luck.

we have decided to release the source code of our game

I see, so be it. The rules of the game has just changed, a different kind of war will have to be won, the last one. This time not with weapons, strategy, but minds and solutions.

Offline Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2013, 04:33:04 am »
Well, thanks Rotators for all the time and effort you spent on 2238. And I guess I have to say this too, although I'm not a game dev at all, thanks for releasing the codes.

Best of luck in all and any projects you decide to be part of.

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2013, 05:08:19 am »
Glad you managed to find agreement on releasing the sources, and thank you for deciding to carry on with the SDK based forums - I imagine it was quite difficult to abandon a project you'd all put so much into, and appreciate the effort of carrying things on in a positive way for the wider community. As said previously, I look forward to what any of you produce in future. Good luck!

p.s. Enjoy cleaning up the "Well, I never thought anyone ELSE would have to read it - I just kept writing more things until it sort of worked" areas of 2238. You have both my thanks and pity :)

Offline Gob

• The Good
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2013, 11:01:20 am »
Nice forum. Cheers to a new beginning !  ;D

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2013, 11:58:36 am »
I'd love you so much if you planned to develop the new sdk all in C#

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2013, 12:57:14 pm »
I'd love you so much if you planned to develop the new sdk all in C#

Well basicly with mono integration anyone with enough skill in any .NET languages, heck even a kid (14/15 years old) fresh out of the 11th year (of the portuguêse school system) in programing could do that with java... you are asking for C# especially so I presume you know it well.

In my opinion I agree with the use of .NET languages, but the BASE sdk is of the Rotators choice, if i'm not mistaken every .NET language supported by mono is treated the same. So you can do one script in javascript other in Boo , another in C# , f# and so on after being compiled they are all the same...but of course its best for you to stick with one or two languages than having an application working with all .net xD

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2013, 07:22:29 pm »
Thx for the efford of putting this site up! I bet it can help a lot.