Author Topic: Is it real to make a Fallout/Fallout 2 co-op on the Fonline engine?  (Read 9397 times)

Is it real?

Re: Is it real to make a Fallout/Fallout 2 co-op on the Fonline engine?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 01:27:04 pm »
in case this post is real and I'm not falling for a minor troll, yes, it is very much possible to turn fonline into a single palyer/coop game.

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 01:42:27 pm »
in case this post is real and I'm not falling for a minor troll, yes, it is very much possible to turn fonline into a single palyer/coop game.

No-no, i meant "turn fallout1/fallout2 into cooperative", not fonline.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 01:45:30 pm »
yes, but you're talking about the fonline engine here. While many aspects of the fonline engine are similar to the fallout engine, I'm pretty sure they are not interchangeable. You'd have to do it by hand.

That said, the basic framework of maps, items and critters is the same so the biggest part of the work would just be dialogue writing.

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 02:33:37 pm »
Dude its possible but you must recreate all fallout quest in fonline engine.

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2013, 01:27:17 pm »
Dude its possible but you must recreate all fallout quest in fonline engine.

Quests, maps, critters, dialogs. Everything.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Offline LagMaster

• No. 1 Topic Starter
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2013, 11:47:11 am »
also new scripts like time passing on WM, sleep script, bugless TB combat in towns, is better and easyer to modify the fallout engine to make it in multiplayer and not to make Fallout in FOnline engine

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2013, 11:52:48 am »
I disagree. Hacking multiplayer into Fallout 1 / 2 is way more work if you want it to run and feel good.

For Fallout script to AS, a converter could be written. It's some work, but it's not impossible.

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2013, 11:54:36 am »
Quests = dialogs, critters we already have default from critter.dat. Maps are ready too, but only you need to delete old critters and replace them with new one which have recreated dialogs. Also you do not need to make tb in towns, real time is fine and better.

And remember Lagmaster FOnline engine is better than Fallout 2 engine, you can create even other games on it. Better use new technology instead old shit.

Offline Izual

• Roaming entertainer.
    • Youtube
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2013, 12:08:27 pm »
Quests = dialogs

Writing every script from scratch again and copy/pasting thousands of dialog lines is not the same work, but both are tedious.
My Youtube channel.

"Another problem is that we listen to the vocal players, who in many cases are wrong-headed."
- J.E. Sawyer

Offline lisac2k

• Rotator
  • Uncle Pyro
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2013, 12:19:51 pm »
Is it real?
I think it would be close to real, if people working on it would be highly motivated and skilled enough. It would take a bit more time, such conversions may be tedious in some areas. I doubt a single person would be up to such a task.