Author Topic: FOnline2 Second Open Session starts at 10.01.2014!  (Read 55329 times)

Re: FOnline2 - The new begining
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2013, 07:52:11 pm »
why not?

Hidden gems are always the best to find. Why reveal all the cards if you can find out whatever drives your curiosity soon enough.

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2013, 07:56:33 pm »
why not?

The same reason why a good girl won't go to bed with you at first date. We've been silent trough whole development, when other server's anounced prematurely their servers and they were releasing it in feature cheap state. Don't you think that about all that shitload of server's we really want to show you we're different? You will see the game when it's out. And you should enjoy discovering it by yourself.

« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2013, 08:01:28 pm »
Yes yes yes !!! I am waiting for start :) :) :)

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2013, 08:15:03 pm »
Hmm looks like you want create some other game not related to fallout but just with fallout objects
I don't exactly understand what you mean by that. It will be completely related to fallout in ways of canon established in the main series, as well as the graphical look and feel of the old series just like FOnline.

Dynamic qest generation one of our main aspect in quest side.
I'm looking forward to see how that will look in "FOnline 2", I'm sure it's not what I'm thinking of.

You Start in Special Private location, i cannot say more(Spoiler's again), but it's newbie friendly ;)
Its very important to create easy, smooth edge for newcommers.
I prefer RP style of tutorials, the type where player is learning game mechanics by doing quests.
Agree.
This is heavy topic, So i will just say few things:
- Perks readjusted to more usefull state, so you won't have only 10 usefull perks and the rest is shit.
Soft level cap so after reaching it there will be still a reason to develop your character.
Goes in similar direction I was going. Apply what you say about perks to the skills and you get where I'm going. No more useless, or single-purpose-alt skills please! (Speech, anyone? Gambling? Barter? ::))
We won't throw away any dev's, As we said, the door's to dev team is open if you have skill and time to participate in developing. But you should really think about it if you wan't creating own engine. Making new engine and new server sounds like overkill from my experiance. Its better to join forces and make something really good togheter.
I like your attitude an I am glad you leave dev team in open state. Also that you will interact with players more.
Anyways after confering with noize, we decided to keep working on our own project, but lay low in terms of PR, just like you did for 14 months, you rascals :) Reasons are obvious:
The same reason why a good girl won't go to bed with you at first date. We've been silent trough whole development, when other server's anounced prematurely their servers and they were releasing it in feature cheap state. Don't you think that about all that shitload of server's we really want to show you we're different? You will see the game when it's out. And you should enjoy discovering it by yourself.
Also we are at the beginning of something new and far from being able to advertise it in a proper fashion that gets potential developers and other contributors interested in working with us :P
You beat us to it ;D I look forward to playing your game, maybe drop a suggestion or two.

As far as I can see it now, it won't make sense for us to join you as devs, because our visions vary in certain ambitions and targeted playerbase I think. For what we have planned, the FOnline engine's environment sadly doesn't fit.
Since we are far from any kind of release state ;D I also don't see any problems in terms of splitting the community or whatever. It will be at least another 2 years before we might reach a state where the game actually exists to be played.
So let's enjoy what you guys serve us, I bet it will beat TLAs ass in any case ;D

« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2013, 08:19:54 pm »
Thank you for such warm word's :D Let's drink to that!  ;)

Offline Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2013, 08:28:03 pm »
If You would like to help us spreading the word about upcoming server launch feel free to set up our FO2 signature banner in Your forum profile:

code: http://pastebin.com/EN3EbTvX

or

code: http://pastebin.com/54uNnYSs

Offline wreese2u

• Been walking these streets since last night...
« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2013, 08:28:18 pm »
I was also wondering, if you can say this yet, what will the combat system be like?
Early 2238? TLA? Or just old 2238?

Offline Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2013, 08:31:45 pm »
There is FOV
There is running in combat
There is old drug system
There are improvements known from lastest wipes/SDK revisions such as hotkeys for example

We are aiming in making best out of it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 08:33:59 pm by Rascal »

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2013, 08:39:26 pm »
great news :D looks promiseing

Offline Mr.NiceGuy

• Surprise Motherfucker !
« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2013, 08:45:39 pm »
I have to say it got my curiosity like 2238 did back in 2009.

Offline Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2013, 08:49:11 pm »
Will Barter, gambling, speech, and traps have a better role in FOnline 2? Imo, I think you should have named FOnline 2 to FOnline: Reloaded. I like this one a lot more than 2238 tbh :)

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2013, 09:19:31 pm »
One question:
Is it rewrite from scratch or is it piggyback on whatever sources available for FOnline engine?

« Reply #72 on: June 24, 2013, 09:21:52 pm »
I had the honor to be able to try this game out in its very early stage (thanks Wesan) and even back then I was convinced that this was gonna be The FOnline we were all looking for. Sadly due to lack of free time I probably won't participate in obt1, anyway I wish you developers good luck with the project and hopefully the day will come and I will be enjoying your game.

The least I can do to help this project is adding FO2 banner into my signature  :)

« Reply #73 on: June 24, 2013, 09:23:27 pm »
One question:
Is it rewrite from scratch or is it piggyback on whatever sources available for FOnline engine?

Done on a clean SDK, cleared from all TLA stuff.

The least I can do to help this project is adding FO2 banner into my signature  :)

Thank's Kelin for you'r support :P

Offline Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #74 on: June 24, 2013, 09:26:30 pm »
One question:

Its running on latest SDK revision where many problems like fullscreen, screen minimising or poor fps are fixed.
Other than that Skycast made many improvements to the engine in order to make it run smooter, less hardware consuming etc.
Most features like for example FOV etc. were rewritten from scratch.