Author Topic: FOnline2 Second Open Session starts at 10.01.2014!  (Read 55361 times)

Re: FOnline2 - The new beginning
« Reply #45 on: June 24, 2013, 06:03:32 pm »
Sooo... do I get that right that you split from canon and skip the Chosen One story? Not that I don't like the idea, just not sure if I understood it.

Vault Dweller Dies in a battle with master, So mutant's army survived and reinforced Mariposa.
About the game background story  - there is whole FOnline2 bible prepared already.
We are trying to stick to the canon, to the original Fallout atmosphere and taste.
At the same time we prepared our story on one of the possible turn of events in original fallout history.

Also my questions aren't really answered by that..how will the quest situation be? Hopefully more than 2238? Maybe more Pve-Co-op similar to mutie quests or tanker? Will we take side of a major faction, like Enclave to aid in their conquest effords, or like Bro-hood to repel it? Or will we just quarell with other story-insignificant player factions? Is the Endgame PvE related to your Enclave story or is it PvP – being biggest player faction controling towns?

There will be alot of quest's but we cannot squeeze everything we planned into launch day as said before. A lot more work needed to be done in order to meet our ambitions.

Also:

How will the new player be introduced to the game? Some Tutorial quest? Starting area like TLAs slave camp? Or does the new player have to gather the info from a Wiki?
I know most people who will play it in the first phase of open beta already know the game mechanics and interface anyway, but I think it's important, that FOnline gets more newb-friendly imo.

You Start in Special Private location, i cannot say more(Spoiler's again), but it's newbie friendly ;)
Its very important to create easy, smooth edge for newcommers.
I prefer RP style of tutorials, the type where player is learning game mechanics by doing quests.

What is your take on skills and perks system? Will it be with support perks like the late 2238? Or the "classic" variant where all perks are unlockable at every 3/4 levels?

This is heavy topic, So i will just say few things:
- Perks readjusted to more usefull state, so you won't have only 10 usefull perks and the rest is shit.
Soft level cap so after reaching it there will be still a reason to develop your character.

Maybe I can find a place in your team or not. If you are interested in my ideas... well contact me, I guess it's maybe easier to join an existing project than get a new one started from 0.
In any case,I will definetely be amongst the beta testers.  :)

We won't throw away any dev's, As we said, the door's to dev team is open if you have skill and time to participate in developing. But you should really think about it if you wan't creating own engine. Making new engine and new server sounds like overkill from my experiance. Its better to join forces and make something really good togheter.

Edit: smartass remark: beginning is still spelled with 2 n :P (Thread title)

Nerves make a lot of spell bug's happen ;P
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 06:19:19 pm by wesan »

Offline Surf

• это моё.
Re: FOnline2 - The new begining
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2013, 06:15:28 pm »
??

The chosen one wasn't even born yet when the Master raised his army.

Offline Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2013, 06:16:48 pm »
He ment vault dweller ofcourse :)

« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2013, 06:17:12 pm »
I will be there
We’ve died a million times but we are not the walking dead

Offline wreese2u

• Been walking these streets since last night...
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2013, 06:23:54 pm »
*slow clap* Bravo SoT, bravo.

Count me and my friends in, Reeses gang will return!

Offline Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2013, 06:26:27 pm »
well its not SoT server but thx anyway :P

« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2013, 06:27:24 pm »

Don't call us like that, i have no connection to SoT and still i am in development group. ;)

« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2013, 06:42:18 pm »
Some questions MUST be made.
1a) What are your plans about player-dev interaction, will you be active and keep the people updated on what you're working on, what's your status, and what are your ideas for the future of the game?
1b) Will you play your own game?
2) Will you stay in a permanent beta status?
3) Will you switch graphics to 3D?
4) Will you open the source code (entirely or partially)?
5) Did you write code in angelscript or C# or both?
6) How long have you been working on this project?
7) Who are the members of your team?
8) Will you support multi-logging / fast-relogging / sneak-naders / toilet control and other bullshit like in 2238 in its worst days?
9) Are alts welcome or something you'd want to reduce?
10) What are your policies against cheaters / exploiters?
11) What do you consider a ban proof?

After this big post I give you my congrats and surely hope to see more of this project because it looks very promising
I just don't like the name, FOnline 2... seems like the second version of the FOnline engine

Offline Dark.

• I heard he came from the North.
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2013, 06:53:27 pm »
Really impressive. Looks awesome, keep working on it!

« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2013, 06:53:46 pm »
Half questions was already answered
For others
1) By gamers for gamers
2) No
3) Not with current 3D status
5) Both
8,9) We have solution, hope it will work as it must
10) Jail/Char Ban/Perma ban

Offline Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2013, 06:55:04 pm »
I've became SoT member without firing a single bullet. Worship my mad PvP skillz.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

Offline Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2013, 07:10:28 pm »
Most answers to the questions You asked can be found here:

http://forum.fonline2.com/index.php?topic=332.0

But I will answer them anyway:

===============================

1a) What are your plans about player-dev interaction, will you be active and keep the people updated on what you're working on, what's your status, and what are your ideas for the future of the game?
Yes there will be shown plans about future, some kind of todo list /  future steps and way of development we are heading.
1b) Will you play your own game?
Well thats the reason why we are making it :D
2) Will you stay in a permanent beta status?
No, the plan is to reach some final point and start promoting the game widely outside our small FOnline community in order to make it more and more popular. I've already made some contacts and got promised some youtube videos/streams from polish "youtube celebrity" having  nearly 100k subscribers. Such methods for sure will make a differance.

3) Will you switch graphics to 3D?
Personally Im not a fan of it. There are no plans for that now.
4) Will you open the source code (entirely or partially)?
There will be halfopen model of development. Literally doors to devteam are opened. There will be also published community given predescribed precise tasks etc.
5) Did you write code in angelscript or C# or both?
Both.
6) How long have you been working on this project?
Aproximately one year.
7) Who are the members of your team?
Project leaders:
- Skycast
- Rascal
Core Devteam:
- Wesan
- Mike Wall
- Wichura
and many contributors.

8) Will you support multi-logging / fast-relogging / sneak-naders / toilet control and other bullshit like in 2238 in its worst days?
Big no to all of these. We have designed anti duallogging features, antifast reloggin featuers - they wont be tested in 1st beta. Other areas need to be checked and tested first and those two would actually make harder to do so at this point. FOr sure dont expect Idler system :) We are preparing something better.
9) Are alts welcome or something you'd want to reduce?
There are two kinds of alting.
First - bad one - is the bad game designed mechanics which are forcing alting.
Those we are trying to avoid in every design/concept step we take.
Second - good one - is the ability for player to play just different character, so have fun in other way.
We want to achieve big diversity in this area.

10) What are your policies against cheaters / exploiters?
See paragraph 8.
11) What do you consider a ban proof?
Well screens can be easily fabricated. Videos are a lot harder to do so.
Its not easy to put a line here. I think common sense will just solve most cases if not we gona need some kind of policy here based on community propositions.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2013, 07:35:26 pm »
Well thats the reason why we are making it :D

That's why we started with 2238 as well. But after the initial release, we were too busy with fixing lots of stuff and adding content to play it anymore.

Offline DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2013, 07:48:32 pm »
Why do you think all the good stuff has to be shown right away? :)

why not?

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2013, 07:50:42 pm »
a glimmer of hope appears :)