Author Topic: FOnline2 Second Open Session starts at 10.01.2014!  (Read 55279 times)

Offline Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: FOnline2 - The new begining
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2013, 04:04:06 pm »
It looks too good to be true.

Some Q's.

how do you keep your traders getting killed by griefers?  (And do they lose the items if they die?)

Can people destroy the door to your house?

Is the caravan system the same as tla mk2 where griefers can just join caravan and kill you with the caravan guards doing jack shit to stop them?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 04:05:52 pm by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2013, 04:11:45 pm »
It looks too good to be true.

Some Q's.

how do you keep your traders getting killed by griefers?  (And do they lose the items if they die?)

They are invicible. There is no need for them to be killable, and it would be risky and unstable if they could.

Can people destroy the door to your house?

Nope, And not every door can be destroyed, the door's without purpose Like normal door to let's say a small house in modoc can be destroyed, but special door with script connected to it cannot.

Is the caravan system the same as tla mk2 where griefers can just join caravan and kill you with the caravan guards doing jack shit to stop them?

Caravan guards will give you warning at first friendly fire incident, at second/and or kill they will attack you.

Offline LeMark

• Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyer Agency
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2013, 04:13:56 pm »
Interesting, I watched the video pretty fast, did I miss the part where you speak about Town Control?

Offline headshot

• Killian
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2013, 04:14:49 pm »
What about features for Mad Max wannabies like me?

Oh and I think I'll start first: when u fix tc? ;)

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2013, 04:18:11 pm »
Interesting, I watched the video pretty fast, did I miss the part where you speak about Town Control?

Why do you think all the good stuff has to be shown right away? :)

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2013, 04:21:33 pm »

It's hard to show Town Control with only 2 people ;) As the feature, no worries. It will be on server.

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2013, 04:23:03 pm »
Wow this is so great! thanks alot,you saved me from that boring TLA mk2...
Keep up the good work and good luck

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2013, 04:53:45 pm »
Good job guys . Nice progress , i wish you a lot of players !

Offline Keksz

• It's good to be bad.
« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2013, 04:55:32 pm »
Brilliant.It's just simply awesome :D
(But Rascal u still a nigg ;) )
Szetcsesz,Szanaszetkur,Kajakra

Offline 700noob007

• Woah, sneaker!
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2013, 05:05:39 pm »
Glad, now I know for a fact there will be more players then FO:DE :D

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2013, 05:14:27 pm »

Sooo... do I get that right that you split from canon and skip the Chosen One story? Not that I don't like the idea, just not sure if I understood it.
Also my questions aren't really answered by that..how will the quest situation be? Hopefully more than 2238? Maybe more Pve-Co-op similar to mutie quests or tanker? Will we take side of a major faction, like Enclave to aid in their conquest effords, or like Bro-hood to repel it? Or will we just quarell with other story-insignificant player factions? Is the Endgame PvE related to your Enclave story or is it PvP – being biggest player faction controling towns?

Also:

How will the new player be introduced to the game? Some Tutorial quest? Starting area like TLAs slave camp? Or does the new player have to gather the info from a Wiki?
I know most people who will play it in the first phase of open beta already know the game mechanics and interface anyway, but I think it's important, that FOnline gets more newb-friendly imo.

What is your take on skills and perks system? Will it be with support perks like the late 2238? Or the "classic" variant where all perks are unlockable at every 3/4 levels?

The reason why I bombard you with all these questions is that I somehow feared this exact situation – That someone will do a project with similar goals to the one I want to start, but has already done a lot of stuff and has an existing team and experience, whilst I have yet to present and announce my project and assemble a team of devs. Now I'm at a point where I don't know whether I should be discouraged by your release and give up on my vision of a FOnline 2 engine and game, or maybe try to join your project with my ideas and suggestions. As far as I can see your project is still based on the FOnline engine and game mechanics... I wanted to change a lot more than that and create an actually NEW engine, coming with a new SDK of course as well as major changes to the games skills and perk system and how you gain skills and xp. This is worked on by my partner at the moment while I am working on the setting and basic content of the game we want to make, as well as a new model of a dynamic PvE/PvP quest generation system....

I'm kinda pissed by the circumstances... Really don't know what to do now..
I wish you the best luck with your project, whether it's a concurrence for mine or not. Maybe I can find a place in your team or not. If you are interested in my ideas... well contact me, I guess it's maybe easier to join an existing project than get a new one started from 0. In any case,I will definetely be amongst the beta testers.  :)

Edit: smartass remark: beginning is still spelled with 2 n :P (Thread title)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 05:16:19 pm by BLDYMSS »

Offline Wichura

• High-Tech Troll
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2013, 05:33:06 pm »
Sooo... do I get that right that you split from canon and skip the Chosen One story? Not that I don't like the idea, just not sure if I understood it.
I wrote the introduction cool story, however since I'm not native English speaker, it might cause some funny misunderstandings. Sorry about that.

Well, main plot of FO2 is a bit alternative to what we know from Fallout 2. Vault Dweller died in Cathedral after defeating the Master, he/she never reached Mariposa.

How will the new player be introduced to the game? Some Tutorial quest? Starting area like TLAs slave camp? Or does the new player have to gather the info from a Wiki?
I know most people who will play it in the first phase of open beta already know the game mechanics and interface anyway, but I think it's important, that FOnline gets more newb-friendly imo.
Starting location contains a dude you can ask some questions, he's gonna tell you this and that. There's also Junktown as a starting city, with very strict AI guards (so it should be safe from suicide trolls, thieves, bombers and whatnot), some quests to gain few levels on them, secured workbenches and stuff like that. It is fucking hard to start in FOnline universe, we've tried to create a place where it's a bit easier. If this succeed - will see.
Nie biegaj za stadem.

« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2013, 05:42:29 pm »
Maybe more Pve-Co-op similar to mutie quests or tanker?
There will be many group quests and quests based on player interaction.

Will we take side of a major faction, like Enclave to aid in their conquest effords, or like Bro-hood to repel it? Or will we just quarell with other story-insignificant player factions? Is the Endgame PvE related to your Enclave story or is it PvP – being biggest player faction controling towns?
Players will be able to join one of major factions, create own faction or play as loner.

There will be nothing like noob camp.

What is your take on skills and perks system? Will it be with support perks like the late 2238? Or the "classic" variant where all perks are unlockable at every 3/4 levels?
Both, main perks player will take each 3/4 levels but
some perks player can recieve other way.

I wanted to change a lot more than that and create an actually NEW engine, coming with a new SDK of course as well as major changes to the games skills and perk system and how you gain skills and xp.
Hmm looks like you want create some other game not related to fallout but just with fallout objects

As well as a new model of a dynamic PvE/PvP quest generation system....
Dynamic qest generation one of our main aspect in quest side.

Offline Urlag

• Overspasted
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2013, 05:57:02 pm »
looks all pretty nice, maybe i will give it a try if it works.

Offline Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2013, 06:00:16 pm »
I'll be comming, misiaczki.
h