Author Topic: FOnline2 Second Open Session starts at 10.01.2014!  (Read 55369 times)

Re: FOnline2 - The new begining
« Reply #135 on: June 25, 2013, 05:38:34 pm »
I said go to:
http://forum.fonline2.com/index.php?topic=337.0

You will find my answer there.

i would love to, but i am still waiting for my registration email  ???

« Reply #136 on: June 25, 2013, 05:51:19 pm »
i would love to, but i am still waiting for my registration email  ???
All registrations was approved so dont need to wait email.

« Reply #137 on: June 25, 2013, 05:51:55 pm »
Look in spam inbox. I have activate e-mail in this.

Offline brad smalls

• I like PK
« Reply #138 on: June 25, 2013, 05:52:46 pm »
Can you relesse sooner i wanna play it so bad you brought back the feeling to play FOnline
Brad Smalls is back

« Reply #139 on: June 25, 2013, 05:58:10 pm »
Can you relesse sooner i wanna play it so bad you brought back the feeling to play FOnline

Nothing will change Release and Open Beta date. No.

Offline hejmr

• Berlin.
« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2013, 06:28:44 pm »
This looks so awesome guys. I like every feature there is. You really have good taste in that.

The best are:
• old drug system (missed this so much)
• mining in random encounter (missed this too)
• in-game switching between RT/TB (it was so annoying to exit the game every time)
• faster NPCs in TB (finally somebody did it, not that I would play TB)
• hexshooting
• sound played on encounter (died so many times because of looking elsewhere while traveling on WM)

Things I'm afraid of:
• SOT GM abuse (not really)
• sloppy English - you guys have some decent English/Russian translator?
I've seen many typos not just two, like "cheery" instead of "cherry" and "shoot" instead of "shot" (this one's there several times, guy who wrote it should read about the difference)

I hope the "automat gazetovyj" and silimar Russian names of objects won't be present at the server lanuch (not that would be a big deal). Anyways, looking forward to this shit, keep it up! (;
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 08:43:55 pm by hejmr »
Ok gente, temos que ficar calmos e fazer a coisa certa. Temos que matar Mushushu e o enterrar no quintal de Napalm.

Offline Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2013, 06:47:37 pm »

Things I'm afraid of:
• SOT GM abuse (not really)
Afaik there won't be GMs
h

Offline Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2013, 07:03:48 pm »
well only players from sot who will have access to gm account is me and skycast and as I said its not sot server anyway. It would make just like totally no sense for me to put all that hard work just to ruin it by some shit exploiting, I dont see any logic or pleasure in that.
I personally will play like in old times, in shared base with 1-2 guys. Not as we were playing it as sot team on 2238 - one huge base system for all members. Therefore I will be able to collect valuable data about some balance issues, what needs to be changed/improved bugs etc. etc. Beside that it will be cool just to come back to the roots. Like in old good times :)

About typos - I made the video (wchich took damn huge ammount of work actually, it was 1st I've ever made, didnt suspect how much effort it costs, and there wasnt enough time to correct them - my bad ) - Im not a native speaker but neither im making dialogs for server so dont You worry. There are a lot better people involved in this area than me.

Offline hejmr

• Berlin.
« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2013, 08:40:06 pm »
@Rascal
It was a joke with the abuse, that's why I included "not rly lol". Don't worry about the typos, the video is good, I know how much editing it takes to create a 7min spot, the more so this being your first one. I just said it because I was afraid that the game is going to contain dialogues on the same language level. If not, it's cool.
Ok gente, temos que ficar calmos e fazer a coisa certa. Temos que matar Mushushu e o enterrar no quintal de Napalm.

« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2013, 08:52:25 pm »
Engrish is not going to be present.

« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2013, 10:26:13 pm »
Kinda contradictory don't you think?
And with VD dead Fallout 2 never happens.

Misunderstanding...

I was talking about my own project there.

Offline lisac2k

• Rotator
  • Uncle Pyro
« Reply #146 on: June 25, 2013, 11:25:27 pm »
Quote from: Skycast
FOnline 2
Just managed to watch the whole video in peace, a helluva job you've done there already. I find the new fast TB and the in game options menu simply lovely. It looks like a solid project worth supporting, so I'll do my patriotic duty and put the banner in my sig.

What I don't like is certainly the confusing name. Nothing personal, but "FOnline" was always supposed to represent the name of the engine itself, rather than a project or game build upon it. The numeration points always to a version, which is why nobody was using any combination of these two thus far. This was a kind of self explanatory consensus even back then when the OBT2 had been finished and the first two new games have arisen from it (namely TLA and the Factions Mod aka 2238).

Daily reminder - two women and a brony is a big no no.
Political incorrectness for the sake of fun may sometimes succeed and actually be funny, with no hard feelings and broken noses along the way. Pushing it for the sake of being a moron is an utter fail.

Offline Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #147 on: June 26, 2013, 01:01:40 am »
Really nice to hear such words from You licas2k :) thx! :)

About the name and controversy about it.
Good PR is based on a controversy :D , name is catchy, simple and gives exactly the idea about what we are trying to achieve here in short and long term perspective -> new quality, create good enough product to step outside FOnline community and spread the word further. It also blends in, very good with our Fallout2 theme relation to server background story - new alternative turns of events  happening instead of those know from Fallout2, if You will look at logo and menu You will get the referance. Some people from community can also interpret it as: 2238 era has ended, FO2 - the new begining is happening. From my perspective if cvet will ever step out with actual FOnline2 engine and would like to use that name - then its obvious he has every wright to do so. We wont gona be interfering that. Overall as Skycast said, name is actually the least important thing. We werent trying to hurt anyones feelings anyway :)

Offline brad smalls

• I like PK
« Reply #148 on: June 26, 2013, 03:04:40 am »
I dont see a problem with the name as most people call 2238 FOnline:2238 and it is called that in the banner at the top of the fourm
Brad Smalls is back

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #149 on: June 26, 2013, 05:57:56 am »
If you can't see a difference between "FOnline 2" and "FOnline: 2238" ... Besides, it's not so much about the "FOnline", but the 2 at the end. Thing is, there isn't even a "FOnline 1", only TLA.

But in fact, I don't really care right now. It doesn't influence my life in any kind of way, so whatever.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 06:06:59 am by Lexx »