"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 12:23:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: True horrors  (Read 6388 times)

True horrors
« on: June 24, 2013, 02:23:01 am »

Don't know where to start by saying. Gorlak not good with feelings!
Been into fonline since first CBT in dec 2008, running around with 'the unity' who most of turned into Rotators which you know to have created this great game 2238.
Met so many good people here, and had many better times ingame. What is this wet liquid on my face!? Rabble rabble.
Even though I lost personal interest in playing the game some time back, Am still saddened by knowing that no more hammers, no more brahmin poops will be had.
Have taken many picture in last 5 years, 2.7 gb in total, which need to go through, but I pull out a couple here of things that I immediately remembered. Couple good times, will look through and find more when I get chance.

Old REPO

Deathclaws roam the wastes

Looks like the end for bob
Re: True horrors
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2013, 03:35:26 am »

I really appreciate that photo. I wish i had all the photos and videos i once had, but thanks to hard drives crashes and such all is lost.

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2013, 03:37:15 am »

2.7 gb :o and most of those, if not all, must be .jpg. Good luck sorting through that, I hope the new forum has sub-section to discuss 2238 in some form.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 03:51:38 am »

Put list in chronological order.
No icons, for performance reasons.

Make many folders, numbered, perhaps with start and end dates in the name.

Highlight and drag-drop the corresponding blocks of screenshots into the matching folders.
Say 100 per folder.

This will really help with readability and performance/stability. (View these as larger icons OFC)

Takes a while, but will be worth it.

Make special folders for themes of images (fights, group photos, wierd shit, etc.)

When a desired image is found in one of the chronological archive folders, don't draq/drop it to a special folder- copy/paste it instead so the original archive is kept in neat order.

Could take it a step further and have the copies of the special folders for each chronological period, but that gets to be too much bookkeeping.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 03:54:21 am by Swinglinered »
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.

Alexandrite

• Never trust a Game Master with a big smile.
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2013, 04:03:52 am »

I liked the last picture because the giant talking head got his revenge on FOnline: 2238 xD

May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2013, 10:41:38 am »

I really appreciate that photo. I wish i had all the photos and videos i once had, but thanks to hard drives crashes and such all is lost.
I know that feel bro.
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2013, 03:47:38 am »

Man this whole thing makes me sad.  Gorlak or Bob Saget as I knew you, you were our Gandalf of the wastes man.  You were the first person I ever met in this game, waiting in the cathedral for the next supply drop.  I will never forget running around with you and all the Repo men even though I wasn't one myself.  Me blue meanie and Jack Daniels had our own little thing going but were always welcomed among them.  One of my fondest memories is going to Sierra with about 8 guys Bob included and waiting for drop, we picked up a Russian who spoke English along the way.  While waiting at the entrance like 5 cars roll up and russians in power armor start pouring out.  You could cut the tension with a knife man as Bob Saget negotiates with the Russians through the interpreter.  Everybody starts moving behind cover and getting ready for the inevitable.  But Bob being Bob talks them down.  Greats times. 

Also Old Talek we were mortal enemies but the game wouldn't have been the same without you, you dirty french bastard.

Peace 
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2013, 08:14:56 am »

I like hearing stories about the Old Repo days.

I was just there to experience the decline. There were some good times, though.

One of the best was when Bob was fighting in the Broken Hills mine, and I came in to bomb.
No voice chat, I just knew from some stale IRC that there was a fight in the mine.
Ran in; everyone was so busy fighting that they didn't notice me...
blew them all to smithereens.

Perfect accidental timing.

Probably have a screen somewhere. Or Bob does.

For me, those were the days.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2013, 05:59:46 pm »

One of my last memories of running with the repo in 2009 was the french tanker massacre. While running around the wastes looking for the next fight we got word on the radio the tanker was a french hide out.
   We met up at San Fran, our group was about 8 or 9. As we approached the tanker a blue suite ran inside, and to this day i believe he warned all who were inside of the incoming assault. As we stood outside I had the idea of dropping my stuff running in and luring those french bastards outside to our firing line. So I ran in, and hit enter to spam the msg I had ready, /s OMELET DU FROMAGE YOU FRENCH BASTARDS WEE WEE OMELET DU FROMAGE ( This being the only french I knew, thank you Dexters laboratory). I immediately ran out, knowing I had ruffled their prissy feathers and they would be right on my heels. 1 min, 2 mins, no one came out.
  Frustration gave way and the team rushed the door. For anyone who entered the tanker you know the door is a massive choke point. I entered #3. The first thing I noticed was the french firing line about 10 hexs away that wasnt there a moment ago. Then I seen the bloody remains all around me. Rockets, grenades and mini gun rounds were raining on us. It was total destruction of our team. Although we killed 2 or 3 there were many more to loot our bodies.
   In my last seconds of screen time I struck them were it would hurt the most, with my dying breath I said, /s YOU SMELLY FRENCH BASTARDS NAPOLEON SUCKED!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.