"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 12:17:14 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Reviving of Dead Organisms!  (Read 10041 times)

700noob007

• Woah, sneaker!
Reviving of Dead Organisms!
« on: June 22, 2013, 06:31:30 pm »

A experiment done by a soviet biologist chopping a dogs head off and then reviving the animal! very interesting watch the whole video (not for the weak at heart)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lICXAFFxWgk

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
Re: Reviving of Dead Organisms!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2013, 06:37:58 pm »

Watched it years ago. According to what I read somewhere, the experiment was done but this film is NOT actually its documentation, but a fake movie made to explain what the experiment was about. I mean, it's obivous that the film is a fake, just watch that dog head moving so much, and moving its tongue... but apparently the experiment was carried out.

It seems that the experiment did work, although the dog only survived a few hours. Personally, I find it hard to believe all this, especially the heart and lungs being revived separatedly.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 06:40:52 pm by Eternauta »

700noob007

• Woah, sneaker!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 06:40:33 pm »

Watched it years ago. According to what I read somewhere, the experiment was done but this film is NOT actually its documentation, but a fake movie made to explain what the experiment was about.

It seems that the experiment did work, although the dog only survived a few hours. Personally, I find it hard to believe all this, especially the heart and lungs being revived separatedly.

Yes, but that was done during the cold-war think about what is possible with todays' technology with that idea set in mind.

headshot

• Killian
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 06:41:03 pm »

Actually I do believe it's fake. However during cold war it was treaten seriously. It was also one of the inspiration of George Romero to make "Night of the Living Dead".

The only "real zombie" I've heard about are the heavily drugged people on Haiti where shamans, due to the voodoo techniques and specific drugs makes the people mindless slaves of shamans.

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 07:02:22 pm »

Such bullshit. I bet that after you watched that you went and started looking up zombies too.

700noob007

• Woah, sneaker!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 07:04:03 pm »

Such bullshit. I bet that after you watched that you went and started looking up zombies too.

Nope, found it when I was searching zombies.
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2013, 07:11:58 pm »

Actually I do believe it's fake. However during cold war it was treaten seriously. It was also one of the inspiration of George Romero to make "Night of the Living Dead".
Interesting. Thank you for that nugget. ;)

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2013, 09:59:17 pm »

I recall a scifi classic book called Professor Dowell's Head, especially the parts describing the experiences as a separated human head.

Also, Soviets seemed to do even more with dog heads.

And then, some real stuff being made in USA:
http://vimeo.com/20230127
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 10:03:14 pm by Alvarez »

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2013, 10:22:40 pm »

What possible purpose would a robot with a dogs head have?

Dark.

• I heard he came from the North.
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2013, 11:16:32 pm »

We are doomed

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 11:17:34 pm »

I am asking myself the same question man. Russians and their ideas... what can you do...

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2013, 11:26:39 pm »

Scientific lulz, i guess.

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2013, 11:41:57 pm »

Any purpose that you can train a dog to

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2013, 12:21:04 am »

Well, it's just a prototype. If this would work, you could replace the dog head with a human head. In theory, this could keep many people alive for a lot longer... Though, question is if one would want to stay alive like that.

I remember that I've seen a documentation about this a few years back. Some dude said that he could have saved Princess Dianas life with a similar machine.

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2013, 01:13:08 am »

me havent watched whole video, just the second half. But i dont think it was any special operation, just curious or cruel scientists. They made dog's brain starving for 10 minutes, what in most cases damages brain, similar as drowning. Then they substitued his hearth and lungs with fancy machine for some time, finally connected his brain back to old hardware... But most of cells in his body would die after  much longer time than 10 minutes, just most sensitive are neural cells ofc, which needed some substitution of oxygen source.

If you would get lung failure in hospital with perspective of fast transplantation, they would do similar operation, just not disconecting your brain from rest of the body, like in case of poor dog.

Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 18 queries.