FOnline Development > FOnline Projects

FOnline Vault 112

(1/5) > >>

wladimiiir:
Hello guys,
I would like to introduce my personal project I have been working on for last half a year or so. I feel like now is the good time to announce it even if the project is (absolutely) not finished. This project is mostly focused on those of you who are having their own projects and would like have some knowledge base.
My idea was to create an open-source project of FOnline, where people (scripters, mappers, dialogue writers...) could submit their work and ideas to share it (and to share fun) with others.
So, if you expect another running FOnline server, let me stop you there, so you don't get too excited about it, because there is no server running, only repository with source codes (additions to default TLA SDK). But that definitely should not stop you before trying the server and seeing for yourself if there is something you might enjoy. ;)

More information as well as link to repository can be found here:
FOnline Vault 112

Cheers,
wladimiiir

Gob:
I still have some maps from my old project, I can share them no problem as I'm not going to start working on it too soon.

wladimiiir:

--- Quote from: Gob on June 19, 2013, 10:26:26 pm ---I still have some maps from my old project, I can share them no problem as I'm not going to start working on it too soon.

--- End quote ---
Thanks, if you have Git account I can make you a contributor an you can submit it there. :)

Wipe:
Hell yeah! Great to finally see your creation alive :)

Some fast oh-gods-so-minor thoughs:
- you don't really need need void InitLibrary() to enforce loading library, same thing can be accomplished by simply binding SERVER()/CLIENT()/MAPPER(), which are present in every .dll/.so (as long it's using fonline.h ofc :))
- SetSendParameter( ST_CURRENT_HP/ST_MAX_LIFE, true );  >>> if server gonna be online/multiplayer one, and use Awareness perk, i'd change it to check for the perk before sending to client; "self-made" awareness "mod" is not really a hard thing to do without that

Gonna check it next week in more detail, glad to see open FOnline, whole brahmin of kudos for you! ;>

JovankaB:
Nice! The VR idea with as little restrictions as possible is very intriguing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version