"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 05:35:07 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The End Game Party  (Read 22023 times)

Re: The End Game Party
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 09:32:13 pm »

I don't know if you can do it but it would be epic to spawn devs in the NCR bazaar and in the final hour play the Master's ending lines from Fallout 1. Actually this quote perfectly fits the situation.
THAT, is an epic idea…

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2013, 09:58:03 pm »

Reveal all tents and bases on Sunday.
I think this would be great to do even now. It would give add some more gameplay for those who are not interested in Ghost Town PvP. I vote for such treasure hunting roleplay.  ;D

Merle

• "How's about a big hug for your old pal Merle?"
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2013, 10:18:55 pm »

I think this would be great to do even now. It would give add some more gameplay for those who are not interested in Ghost Town PvP. I vote for such treasure hunting roleplay.  ;D

I like the idea. Perhaps it would draw in even more players and make things more interesting (right now we're around 65 or so). It would definitely create a ton more of PvP areas all over the desert and perhaps even revive some faction activity for the time being, who knows. If devs agree, maybe they could add an outfitter/guard team in every bigger city entrance (New Reno, SF, VC, Boneyard etc) to make equipment more accessible for base-raids?

Shit, if it doesn't work, people can always go back to GT and continue the usual PvP massacre.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 10:23:57 pm by Merle »
Of course, the whole point of a Doomsday Machine is lost, if you *keep* it a *secret*! Why didn't you tell the world, EH?

Graf

• "Next Day" developer
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 08:56:25 am »

I wonder, if someone is planning to make a live streaming. I'll be away during that day exactly, so now chance to participate in this final party. Some movies would be great, too.

Dark.

• I heard he came from the North.
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 11:50:20 am »

I think we need some organization in order to get a successful ending party, devs and gm should make a post the day before which it says what kind of activities have been planned and where they take place.
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 02:08:46 pm »

I don't know if you can do it but it would be epic to spawn devs in the NCR bazaar and in the final hour play the Master's ending lines from Fallout 1. Actually this quote perfectly fits the situation.

+1. Absolutely!  8)

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2013, 02:17:04 pm »

No, don't reveal all tents/bases yet, or else it will just be a total clusterfuck for those who do want to PvP. Think about the number of tents that are surely right next to Ghost Town, and that's just one example.
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!

wladimiiir

• Rotator
  • Independent FOnline developer
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2013, 07:31:57 pm »

No, don't reveal all tents/bases yet, or else it will just be a total clusterfuck for those who do want to PvP. Think about the number of tents that are surely right next to Ghost Town, and that's just one example.
What bout revealing only North part (or some part) of the World map for now?

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2013, 02:31:33 pm »

Or random parts, just to bring some insecurity?
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2013, 05:49:45 pm »

Allow all tents, bases, etc. to be revealed, but only after players have had a chance to copy their save files (giving them the chance to rebuild afterwards).

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2013, 06:11:46 pm »

Well, I am going to ruin that dream of yours now: You won't get a save file of your character nor your tent.

Wipe

• Rotator
  • Random is god
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2013, 06:28:54 pm »

We use Fallout2 datafiles, there's not a single movie from Fallout1.
Games are meant to be created, not played...
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2013, 08:33:05 pm »

he didn't mean movie, he mean 2 of gm-s role play conversation, you can find that conversation quite easy, or give that job to someone else... but I like the idea
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2013, 09:51:48 pm »

Well, I am going to ruin that dream of yours now: You won't get a save file of your character nor your tent.
¿Uh, why can't we have them?

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2013, 10:47:16 pm »

Technically not possible. Or let's say it's more work than being worth it. Besides, if this would be a normal wipe, you wouldn't get your character as well. So see it like that: It's a wipe and everything is gone.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 19 queries.