Other > Suggestions

Release The Codes.

(1/12) > >>

A Traitor:
Release the codes.
9Ø% of us will do nothing with it. We won’t know how. (I’m probably in that boat.) Of the remainder, 9Ø% will only run it as a single-player or limited number of player game (if I can figure out how, I’ll be in that boat). 1% might make it an open-public game, but of those 9Ø% will probably fail after only a month or so, due to lack of interest, lack of buᵶᵶ (advertising), or lack of funding. ¹/₁øᵗʰ of 1% might make it a “successful” publicly played game, in that they defined success as “Hey, I play with one guy from somewhere, don’t even know the country, really, I think he’s Spanish or something,  but ¡I consider that a success!” Let us define success our own way; Give us a chance to do so, at very least.
Release the codes.

Mike Crosser:

--- Quote from: A Traitor on June 10, 2013, 05:22:00 pm ---Release the codes.
9Ø% of us will do nothing with it. We won’t know how. (I’m probably in that boat.) Of the remainder, 9Ø% will only run it as a single-player or limited number of player game (if I can figure out how, I’ll be in that boat). 1% might make it an open-public game, but of those 9Ø% will probably fail after only a month or so, due to lack of interest, lack of buᵶᵶ (advertising), or lack of funding. ¹/₁øᵗʰ of 1% might make it a “successful” publicly played game, in that they defined success as “Hey, I play with one guy from somewhere, don’t even know the country, really, I think he’s Spanish or something,  but ¡I consider that a success!” Let us define success our own way; Give us a chance to do so, at very least.
Release the codes.

--- End quote ---
Aren't there already 2 other threads discussing this?

A Traitor:

--- Quote from: Mike Crosser on June 10, 2013, 05:26:05 pm ---Aren't there already 2 other threads discussing this?

--- End quote ---
This is the first poll. ;)

Tomowolf:
If someone gets the code, and start's the shit again without any big changes, it would be boring.
I would suggest doing new DEV team or other which is interessted in continuing in developing this kind of game in diffirent place (new WM), cities, npcs, and weaponary, with several gameplay features like new TC role, player caravans (selling materials needed for industry/weaponary craftin), introducing food/farming to the game, to make it more interesting, not just pure quake shooter.

A Traitor:
Also, release character information and ONE tent map per email-address, based on username.
--- Quote from: Tomowolf on June 10, 2013, 07:44:50 pm ---If someone gets the code, and start's the shit again without any big changes, it would be boring.
--- End quote ---
9Ø% of those that try to go public will fail quickly. ONE might succeed.
But at least give them the chance to try and fail.
--- Quote from: Tomowolf on June 10, 2013, 07:44:50 pm ---I would suggest doing new DEV team or other which is interessted in continuing in developing this kind of game in diffirent place (new WM), cities, npcs, and weaponary, with several gameplay features like new TC role, player caravans (selling materials needed for industry/weaponary craftin), introducing food/farming to the game, to make it more interesting, not just pure quake shooter.
--- End quote ---
Well, that is something the clones could investigate, perhaps. Maybe THAT is what will give that ONE successful version the edge. Maybe not.
But it won’t matter if the codes are not released.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version