Poll

¿Do you want the codes released?

Yes, please do.
- 62 (87.3%)
No, please don’t.
- 9 (12.7%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Release The Codes.  (Read 24217 times)

Release The Codes.
« on: June 10, 2013, 05:22:00 pm »

Release the codes.
9Ø% of us will do nothing with it. We won’t know how. (I’m probably in that boat.) Of the remainder, 9Ø% will only run it as a single-player or limited number of player game (if I can figure out how, I’ll be in that boat). 1% might make it an open-public game, but of those 9Ø% will probably fail after only a month or so, due to lack of interest, lack of buᵶᵶ (advertising), or lack of funding. ¹/₁øᵗʰ of 1% might make it a “successful” publicly played game, in that they defined success as “Hey, I play with one guy from somewhere, don’t even know the country, really, I think he’s Spanish or something,  but ¡I consider that a success!” Let us define success our own way; Give us a chance to do so, at very least.
Release the codes.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
Re: Release The Codes.
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 05:26:05 pm »

Release the codes.
9Ø% of us will do nothing with it. We won’t know how. (I’m probably in that boat.) Of the remainder, 9Ø% will only run it as a single-player or limited number of player game (if I can figure out how, I’ll be in that boat). 1% might make it an open-public game, but of those 9Ø% will probably fail after only a month or so, due to lack of interest, lack of buᵶᵶ (advertising), or lack of funding. ¹/₁øᵗʰ of 1% might make it a “successful” publicly played game, in that they defined success as “Hey, I play with one guy from somewhere, don’t even know the country, really, I think he’s Spanish or something,  but ¡I consider that a success!” Let us define success our own way; Give us a chance to do so, at very least.
Release the codes.
Aren't there already 2 other threads discussing this?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 07:33:44 pm »

Aren't there already 2 other threads discussing this?
This is the first poll. ;)

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 07:44:50 pm »

If someone gets the code, and start's the shit again without any big changes, it would be boring.
I would suggest doing new DEV team or other which is interessted in continuing in developing this kind of game in diffirent place (new WM), cities, npcs, and weaponary, with several gameplay features like new TC role, player caravans (selling materials needed for industry/weaponary craftin), introducing food/farming to the game, to make it more interesting, not just pure quake shooter.
h
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 07:57:03 pm »

Also, release character information and ONE tent map per email-address, based on username.
If someone gets the code, and start's the shit again without any big changes, it would be boring.
9Ø% of those that try to go public will fail quickly. ONE might succeed.
But at least give them the chance to try and fail.
I would suggest doing new DEV team or other which is interessted in continuing in developing this kind of game in diffirent place (new WM), cities, npcs, and weaponary, with several gameplay features like new TC role, player caravans (selling materials needed for industry/weaponary craftin), introducing food/farming to the game, to make it more interesting, not just pure quake shooter.
Well, that is something the clones could investigate, perhaps. Maybe THAT is what will give that ONE successful version the edge. Maybe not.
But it won’t matter if the codes are not released.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2013, 08:44:17 pm »

ok, i declare myself head of the new developer team, lets do this now.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2013, 10:08:08 pm »

introducing food/farming to the game, to make it more interesting, not just pure quake shooter.

best suggestion right here. farming and eating. you win the game designer of the year award. love the comparison with quake. it's like comparing a keyboard with a tomato.

ps: you forgot toilet needs. we NEED a game where you need to take your powered armor in mid-combat to take a shit.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 10:10:47 pm by DeputyDope »

Tomowolf

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2013, 10:11:25 pm »

best suggestion right here. farming and eating. you win the game designer of the year award.

ps: you forgot toilet needs. we NEED a game where you need to take your powered armor in mid-combat to take a shit.
I guess you didn't get it, I didn't mean about eating food or any starvation system, just more materials to trade with npc traders, or to make your buisness prossper ( like creating farms, hiring npcs/players, to gather stuff, paying them as much as you can afford to make profit, hire guards to scare off other players from attacking your stuff.
Yeah, better making a farmville from it with diffirent features, than just 1hex gameplay for 3 years.
h

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2013, 10:20:30 pm »

I guess you didn't get it, I didn't mean about eating food or any starvation system, just more materials to trade with npc traders, or to make your buisness prossper ( like creating farms, hiring npcs/players, to gather stuff, paying them as much as you can afford to make profit, hire guards to scare off other players from attacking your stuff.
Yeah, better making a farmville from it with diffirent features, than just 1hex gameplay for 3 years.

of course i didn't get it since your english is crap. or that's exactly what you meant in the first place but you backed up in shame.

Tomowolf

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2013, 10:29:44 pm »

of course i didn't get it since your english is crap. or that's exactly what you meant in the first place but you backed up in shame.
I just didn't explain, and people on this forum when they hear a word like "Food" they think about starvation and dehydration system which is awfull and good only in singplayer hardcore alone rping.
h
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2013, 11:06:32 pm »

Currently, the poll is running 21 to 2. ;D

¡KEEP IT UP!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 03:05:37 am by A Traitor »
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2013, 09:11:41 pm »

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2013, 09:14:47 pm »

I laughed more than I should have  ;D
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2013, 12:05:19 am »

RELEASE THE KRAKEN!
Ya, we can do that, too…

EDIT: Currently 31 (91.2%) for, 3 (8.8%) against. The facebook poll is 4 (8Ø%) for, 1 (2Ø%) against.
If anyone could present perhaps “hypothetical” reasons to oppose the release, even in private through, say, a friend, I’d be interested to hear them. It might be helpful to be presented with potential “issues” now, rather than later, and perhaps fix them before they get ahead of me/us/them/whatever.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 08:54:37 am by A Traitor »

codave

• Professional Noob Trainer
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2013, 09:53:36 am »

Ya, we can do that, too…

EDIT: Currently 31 (91.2%) for, 3 (8.8%) against. The facebook poll is 4 (8Ø%) for, 1 (2Ø%) against.
If anyone could present perhaps “hypothetical” reasons to oppose the release, even in private through, say, a friend, I’d be interested to hear them. It might be helpful to be presented with potential “issues” now, rather than later, and perhaps fix them before they get ahead of me/us/them/whatever.

You do understand that a poll doesn't mean shit, right?

Stop begging like a child, it's their work.  We don't have a right to it.

If they release it be thankful.

If they don't, just shut up about it.

::)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.111 seconds with 22 queries.