"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 11:31:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Need a RL PVP build  (Read 18867 times)

Re: Need a RL PVP build
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2013, 12:03:03 pm »

Reason is because i dont wanna get into a internet argument over a game lol i have a life but because you wish to know why here are my reasons
rocketeers gotta be tough. A normal one im not talking about crit builds there easy to kill.
In town control and pvp in reno or wot ever, rocketeers are important and have a good role. Its always good to have them in team, push enemy back do alot of splash damage exactra, anyways they need to be tanks, and to be able to resist sniper attacks, this is why during tc u always see a tank rocketeer with the sniper team. Stonewall with luck prevents knockdowns meaning u survive longer, fast reload waste of perk in real time, if ur a sniper fighting rockteer without stonewall there fucked

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2013, 12:26:27 pm »

I see your point, but at least its good to realize Bonus Rate of Fire is 2 times worse than Fast Reload, for rockeeter in RT. Playing without both of them would significantly decrease rate of fire IMHO (10 AP per  1 launched rocket...). So i believe it is significant reason too.

Iam not sure what realy does Stonewall halves, but if those are chance to get all KB/KD/KO  then its quite useful perk, still any KO in fight will most likely cost you your life. In this case might save you only Quick Recovery.
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2013, 03:47:52 pm »

But i said to take bonus rate ofire just dont take fast reload, i also said takee all drugs, rocket launcher builds aint ment for solo actions, ment for a team, rocket launchers always get targetted first, while hes super stimming himself the others can focus on killing that enemy, this is another reason y u need the perks i mention. Rocket launchers are ment to be tanks period

greenthumb

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2013, 07:34:03 pm »

But i said to take bonus rate ofire just dont take fast reload, ...

In case you gona take only one of BROF/FR perks, i would say counter statement: "Take fast reload, just dont take BROF"

Becouse
Bonus Rate of Fire is 2 times worse than Fast Reload, for rockeeter in RT...
... so BROF decrease total AP cost just by 1AP per shot+reload, while FR decrease total AP cost by 2APs per shot+reload!

Now i hope its clear, in other points i totaly agree with you(5drugs,tank).
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 07:36:59 pm by greenthumb »
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2013, 03:55:45 am »

rocket launchers always get targetted first
Sure... I have to shoot someone, i can choose between a tank who hit me for 80hp and knock me down or i can shoot any other guy who deliver more damage and its easier to kill. Who will be my targed? The first one ofc...

Fast Reload is a must have if you are a rocketeer. I dont really know about stonewall but ive tested quick recovery and its very useful. I think its a viable opcion if you are not going to take stonewall. (Im not saying that QR is better than Stonewall, i dont know about that) QR "nerf" knock outs in a 66%, Stonewall help you avoiding them in a 50%.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 04:10:00 am by Furior »
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2013, 09:04:14 pm »

On this last day of x-mas, I'll share me experience with stonewall:

I took it on my flamer build with 10 str and 10 end together with quick recovery, as my big fear is HH builds. I still got lots of knockdowns, which was a huge dissapointment. Although, I was able to escape sometimes after being hit. I remade without stonewall now, so if you see me in ghost town, go for the KO shots ;-)

/edit: Or just be my ally, as I rarely shoot first (yes, I'm that kind of wuss).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 09:06:35 pm by Enzotainment »
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2013, 11:00:59 pm »

I studied a little Stonewall with rockets.

Rockets have a natural knockback effect: this put you down and step back for few hexes.

Without Stonewall (when you take a rocket) you step back for maybe 4 or 5 hexes.
With Stonewall you don't step back or only for 1 hex.

Stonewall can be interesting for a rocket-launcher because you stand up faster.
But without Stonewall the step back may put you out of the range of the rocket-launcher who is targetting you.

But I admit it's quite impressive to see you character getting hit by a rocket, going down and standing up immediately thanks to Stonewall.
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2013, 11:08:09 pm »

WELL GAME HAS ENDED NOW SO :(

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2013, 11:54:33 pm »

Never did make it.
Too many bullshit posts,didn't feel like it.

Borrowed a PvP char from a friend instead.
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2013, 11:59:28 pm »

haha, :P nevermind , atleast people tryed to help , everyone jsut has differnt playing styles and thats why everyone was arguing , but i think this builds just worked for them anyways

greenthumb

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2013, 12:05:11 am »

but we will never forget, and...

http://www.nitue.net/

is still alive!
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2013, 12:06:53 am »

hehe, yup.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 22 queries.