"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 03:58:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sniper build.  (Read 5495 times)

Infiltrator

• "... He always has luck on his side... Always..."
Sniper build.
« on: June 03, 2013, 05:00:03 pm »

Alright, I wanna be a sniper, my tagged skills are: Small guns, First Aid, Outdoorsman. (Change First Aid to sneak? I mean, sneaking around and not being caught would be fun!] I also plan to use drugs with this character, more notably Buffout, since rifles are 5 strength, not 3.

Strength: 3.
Perception: 10.
Endurance: 1.
Charisma: 1.
Intelligence; 5.
Agility: 10.
Luck: 10.

I played around with this build, and I managed to get a shitload of critical hits, and landed loads of damage.
Perks: Awareness, More Criticals, Even More Criticals, Better Criticals, Right Between the Eyes,

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
Re: Sniper build.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 05:04:10 pm »

shitty build, especially if its for pvp. Use something like this:

drugs are probably jet, nuka cola and cigs
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 07:19:14 pm »

Yeah but shave off rbte and choose lifegiver,this should let s you survive one more burst,aim groin.
Indeed, perhaps one day we shall meet
Out in the country, or maybe on the street
Until that day here shall I wait
For death or for life, whichever my fate
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 08:37:04 pm »

Use buffout if you use Cyber Jesus's build. I haven't taken the time to do the math, but you could probably lower small guns a bit if you did that.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 08:38:46 pm »

Use buffout if you use Cyber Jesus's build. I haven't taken the time to do the math, but you could probably lower small guns a bit if you did that.
Why?? 1 St -2ST(from jet) +2ST(from buffout) = 1 ST.... And you lost 1 AG
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 09:01:29 pm »

Oh right I forgot about str lost from buffout. Either way, you'll get an End bonus from the buffout, which is recouped by the nuka-cola. If you don't take buffout and have 10 Agi, then the nuka-cola won't give you any benefit. Although then again, maybe it'd be better just to have 9 Agi and skip the buffout altogether.

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 09:09:54 pm »

This build is when its on drugs, on character creation you have to modify it.
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 10:01:15 pm »

This would be that build undrugged: 1 9 6 1 5 9 10. Forged about buffout, just nuka, cig and jet. If you want more drugs the build should be reworked.
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2013, 10:40:50 pm »

Well with weapon handling and 1 str, I believe you would need 267 (259 with sharpshooter) Small Guns to have a 95% chance to hit the eyes from 50 hexes away. As such, you should probably invest in some strength. Probably decrease intelligence, since every point of strength you add up to 3 will decrease the amount of small guns you need by 20 (which is a lot of skill points once you go beyond 200% skill).

xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2013, 11:15:19 pm »

You aren`t supposed to aim for eyes -> just aim in head.

Sniper is all about firepower, so each point or perk localised in strength or endurance is wasted one.
Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 04:22:44 am »

Intended Weapon: Sniper Rifle
1.9.6.1.4.10.10, Small Frame + Chem Reliant
Small Guns 236, Doc 48, Outdoorsman 50
Sight 53, 12ap, 137hp, 18cw
Support: Boneyard Guard, Awareness, Gecko Skinning
Perks: MC, EMC, WH, BC, AB, BRoF, AB, SS
On Intended Drugs: Jet, Buffout, Nuka, cigs:
Sight 56, 14ap, but -15dr

Unless i read it wrong, i have 95% chance to crit all targets (except eyes 72%)

Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 12:43:43 pm »

Unless i read it wrong, i have 95% chance to crit hit all targets (except eyes 72%)
Just a small correction.

Anyway, making a sniper is a really bad idea (sadly). Basically any build with stonewall and 200+ hp is immune against sniper attacks. Damage snipers are 100% useless (those without finesse) you go only for effects like knock downs, knock outs and crippling and for that you need max possible crit chance. If you intend to play alone and actually kill something, forget a sniper completely. Not only your build couldn't kill anything (except of ants and really weak targets), but I doubt other builds listed above could either.

If I were you I would make a maxhp lsw/m60 tank with 12 action points or a minigun burster (3brd or 2brd). These are the most reliable, effective (and relatively cheap to run) builds. I know that this is not what you'd like to hear, but that's how it is I'm not gonna lie to you.

EDIT: Greenthumb may be right, if you want a sniper so badly go for it  ;)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 01:08:23 pm by Kelin »

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 12:56:05 pm »

Kelin is right, but experiencing game on your own is smthing what should not be skipped. Get a sniper build if you like it,it will be reliable even in later game when you will play with team.

also i prefer this sniper rifle build since its not totaly paper one:

DRUGS: Jet,buff,nuka,cigs.
NOTE1: Wearing tesla armor might save you in many fights.(this build is capable to carry even tesla armor and full gear)
NOTE2: Boneyard guard perk is necesary to take at lvl 1, you need eat mentats to get it. But if you get addicted you need recreate character and try again.

PS:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 12:59:12 pm by greenthumb »
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 18 queries.