"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 11:16:09 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Trade House  (Read 6306 times)

xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
Trade House
« on: May 29, 2013, 03:10:43 pm »

I`m tired of sending multiple messages about terms of trades, being forced to trust the other person in trade or even finding time when both sides are online. Selling stuff like Bozar it totall pain in the ass.

We need some good trade system and we need it ASAP.
Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
Re: Trade House
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 11:44:07 pm »

Suggested like... hundreds...? of times.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 02:38:41 am »

I'd like know WHATYOU'D like to see.....
Play-pretend with me a second. I just made you master dev. What would you do?
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 05:28:39 am »

trust the other person in trade

But that's part of the fun, isn't it? As a trader you have to work on your reputation and keep track of others.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 05:30:43 am »

But that's part of the fun, isn't it?
yes I enjoy this aspect but wont I do not like is when a cannot do a trade because of a huge difference in time zones. That is why we need a trading system because you cant always trade with another person because of real life factors.
Roaming the waste again.
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 07:01:25 am »

-1 sadly i'm against it! This idea is good, but it would only make the game more boring! I'm one of the guys who has little trust in people, rarely trading becos of this, but when i trade with someon thats always makes me nervous, and that is the part of the fun! I got a lot of good trades when im doing it, and there was times when i got scammed, but hey this is part of the game! And finally it would also reduce interactions between players! So it's a good idea but not in this game!
Do you hear the voices too?

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 09:00:02 am »

trading is fine as it is.

xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 12:23:18 pm »

(...)And finally it would also reduce interactions between players! So it's a good idea but not in this game!

It woud vastly increase the interaction between players. I know that many players have the same problem as i - if the safe trade system woud be completed, trading player to player woud be more popular. PvP shoud be done in PvP specific places some as PvE and in such manner trades shoud be done in some kind of safe trade places.

Well at least this is what i think it woud happen, its possible that you are right and it woud act the opposite way - but we shoud first try such system and see what woud actually happen. Will guesses aren`t good for any developing process.

Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 12:26:48 pm »

if the safe trade system woud be completed, trading player to player woud be more popular.

no, trading player to player would be more boring.

and no, it wouldn't increase player interaction at all.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 11:28:20 pm »

But that's part of the fun, isn't it? As a trader you have to work on your reputation and keep track of others.

It doesn't work 100% like that when players have alts both in game and in this forum. Of course, you could say that you can have an idea about who's safe and who isn't, but that requires you to "know the forum", identify its posters, etc... In other words, there actually IS a Player-to-Player trading system, it's "The Market" section in this forum. Serious traders don't trade with random characters they meet in game. Serious trade is made via forum. This means that this aspect of the game doesn't exist in the game itselft but outside of it, in the forum.

Some people don't like using the forum but sadly it's needed if you want to become an "advanced" player: forum gives you access to better deals with other player, faction info, etc.

An important part of the game takes place in the forum and ideally it shouldn't be like that. Ideally you could experience 100% of the game without using alt+tab.

For example,TLA Mk2 (note to all readers: I don't want to start a silly discussion about which server is da betterest) offers a ingame market system (and also a player factions' database, but that's another feature). It works fine, even though it does have a few weak points, like lack of real interaction, as you only input items and values and it's all about clicking.

But anyway, the basic point to be adressed here is that it's kinda a mistake to say this game has no market system: there is already such a system which is not cool because it works outside the game.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2013, 12:11:50 am »

I know that many players have the same problem as i - if the safe trade system woud be completed, trading player to player woud be more popular. PvP shoud be done in PvP specific places some as PvE and in such manner trades shoud be done in some kind of safe trade places.
I got pk'ed three time in one day last week on trades. I suspect (rather strongly) that in the first case it was an alt, but the second and third he just csmped out. (I actually moved furthre trades to milposa to make them safe .)
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2013, 02:45:57 pm »

I must agree with what jovanka said.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 18 queries.