"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 05:23:02 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: New crafts  (Read 15967 times)

New crafts
« on: May 28, 2013, 03:12:29 pm »

So i decided to make a new suggestion about crafting that will probably change server karma to better,more Pvp,more people and ofcourse more fun...
First about usual Adv. Workbenches...
They aren't special in anyway,the things that you usualy craft there can be already farmed or buyed from merchants so it is kinda useless...We need to make this more interesting,so there would be much more people who would be interested to craft there some HQ stuff and the most important.traps that will be waiting there and that will mean more PVP...fights for hq commponents or stuff,you want good gear? you will gona fight for it...I suggest to remove Adv. workbenches from Gun Runners and  from Toxic caves...Add some mutants to mariposa so people won't  craft better gear so easy...
If there would be only one adv. workbench (in mariposa) then more people will meet there...it will be much more interesting then now boring and dead...
About Sierra Army depot...now it is really useless loc. almost nobody went there,why no make it more interesting? add around this location encounters with sentry bots,give more hp to turrets in siera and most important,add something like an new workbench,something like Autmatic CNC plant like in TLA mk2... and that will bring alot attention i believe...here you will can craft the most HQ stuff that you can get in game by different ways...first ofcourse you will need BP and skill to use it perhaps some additonal tools too...
What there should be craftable? i believe that there should be craftable gears like PPK 12 Gauss pistol,bozar,vindicator,BA,CA Enclave,Solar Scorber,Pulse pistol,plasma torch,G11,turbo plasma,gatling laser and M72 gauss rifle.
I believe that this will bring more life to server,people would love to fight for stuff like these,now it is kinda boring and stereotype,waiting in ncr only until some TC or some noobs in Reno apear...this would give reason to players to be more active! There would be many fights in both locations (mariposa and sierra) just to get those HQ stuff...Blueprints for these HQ gear should be obtain from hard quests,maybe something like Gun Runners quest...the most HQ BP's like M72 and Vindicator could be found in special encounters...i know you might think that it will be OP or what but really devs. look how many gausses vindi's and bozar's are in game and who actauly use them in pvp or so? they are just lying in lockers until WIPe cause people are so afraid to lost it,most of them are almost impossible or really hard to get or nobody know anything about them and that isn't gopd,if i would have gun like those i would enjoy it,i would even kill theifs in NCR with it,still better then just having it in locker forever,so i think this changes are really  important otherwise those weapons and locations are really pointless...make this server less stereotype,i don't want you to reply all the stuff from TLA,i just want see new things and reasons why fight and enjoy this game...give it at least chance.

How about schematics for some HQ stuff? you do some quests for perhaps Enclave and they will give you for Gatling laser,then you gona need reources and later u can craft it in sierra...

Motor would be good craft component for Miniguns (cause they need rotate somehow,without motor they probably couldnt...)
component for Turbo plasma,you would get it from quest
component that is needed for HQ ew weapons,you would only get it from sierra computers or from footlockers...
Some EW would need more modules cause of it high tech level...   you can get this from BOS or Enclave,if you would do quests for them... All these gears need more components to get it craft so it would be hard to obtain it and then risk it all in one location...
Also there could be encounters like a car in wasteland where you can get FCC but instead of car there would be some pre war old tech lab center or smothing like that,just some remmants of it where you would have same chance to get modules,components and other stuff,like in encounter with car and FCC...
ALSO the FOOTLOCKERS would be finaly more interesting,instead of those boring shit like 3 caps or leather jackets there should be some Components! It will be much better i believe...
(btw sorry about my english but i was think about all those ideas not about grammar...)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 04:27:34 pm by KILL N DIE »
Re: New crafts
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 03:50:43 pm »

So i decided to make a new suggestion about crafting that will probably change server karma to better,more Pvp,more people and ofcourse more fun...
First about usual Adv. Workbenches...
They aren't special in anyway,the things that you usualy craft there can be already farmed or buyed from merchants so it is kinda useless...We need to make this more interesting,so there would be much more people who would be interested to craft there some HQ stuff and the most important.traps that will be waiting there and that will mean more PVP...fights for hq commponents or stuff,you want good gear? you will gona fight for it...I suggest to remove Adv. workbenches from Gun Runners and  from Toxic caves...Add some mutants to mariposa so people won't  craft better gear so easy...
If there would be only one adv. workbench (in mariposa) then more people will meet there...it will be much more interesting then now boring and dead...
About Sierra Army depot...now it is really useless loc. almost nobody went there,why no make it more interesting? add around this location encounters with sentry bots,give more hp to turrets in siera and most important,add something like an new workbench,something like Autmatic CNC plant like in TLA mk2... and that will bring alot attention i believe...here you will can craft the most HQ stuff that you can get in game by different ways...first ofcourse you will need BP and skill to use it perhaps some additonal tools too...
What there should be craftable? i believe that there should be craftable gears like PPK 12 Gauss pistol,bozar,vindicator,BA,CA Enclave,Solar Scorber,Pulse pistol,plasma torch,G11,turbo plasma,gatling laser and M72 gauss rifle.
I believe that this will bring more life to server,people would love to fight for stuff like these,now it is kinda boring and stereotype,waiting in ncr only until some TC or some noobs in Reno apear...this would give reason to players to be more active! There would be many fights in both locations (mariposa and sierra) just to get those HQ stuff...Blueprints for these HQ gear should be obtain from hard quests,maybe something like Gun Runners quest...the most HQ BP's like M72 and Vindicator could be found in special encounters...i know you might think that it will be OP or what but really devs. look how many gausses vindi's and bozar's are in game and who actauly use them in pvp or so? they are just lying in lockers until WIPe cause people are so afraid to lost it,most of them are almost impossible or really hard to get or nobody know anything about them and that isn't gopd,if i would have gun like those i would enjoy it,i would even kill theifs in NCR with it,still better then just having it in locker forever,so i think this changes are really  important otherwise those weapons and locations are really pointless...make this server less stereotype,i don't want you to reply all the stuff from TLA,i just want see new things and reasons why fight and enjoy this game...give it at least chance.

How about schematics for some HQ stuff? you do some quests for perhaps Enclave and they will give you for Gatling laser,then you gona need reources and later u can craft it in sierra...

Motor would be good craft component for Miniguns (cause they need rotate somehow,without motor they probably couldnt...)
component for Turbo plasma,you would get it from quest
component that is needed for HQ ew weapons,you would only get it from sierra computers...
Some EW would need more modules cause of it high tech level...   you can get this from BOS or Enclave,if you would do quests for them... All these gears need more components to get it craft so it would be hard to obtain it and then risk it all in one location...
Also there could be encounters like a car in wasteland where you can get FCC but instead of car there would be some pre war old tech lab center or smothing like that,just some remmants of it where you would have same chance to get modules,components and other stuff,like in encounter with car and FCC...
ALSO the FOOTLOCKERS would be finaly more interesting,instead of those boring shit like 3 caps or leather jackets there should be some Components! It will be much better i believe...
(btw sorry about my english but i was think about all those ideas not about grammar...)

Example

PPK 12  Gauss pistol

You can already get this gun from special enco that will be only most safe way to get it,right.
But if you like risk,you will can craft in sierra...

Crafting:
6x
3x
5x
2x
2x
4x HQ el. parts
navigations that will program the electric modules, 1 piece of this can be found in footlockers
steel component,could be found in footlockers in random enco
Requirements
Science 250 pec.
Repair 150
Small guns  200
also
+
Schematic from Enclave quest or maybe some other idea?
Additional tools:
Automated plant in Sierra

Vindicator

Crafting:
3x
8x
6x
3x
2x
3x hq el parts for motor navigation
2x from footlockers
3x
6x metal tubes from footlockers ("its six carbon-polymer barrels")

Requirements
science 250
Repair 180
Big Guns 200

+
Schematic from special enco lets say: you encounter crashed vertibird... and there should be in patrol body or enclave scientis body that schematic.Encounter could be found around Navvaro? And there also could be some critter so you won''t get that schem so easy...
Additional tools:
Automated plant in Sierra

4.7 caseless  ammo could be crafted in sierra too,and the schematic will be in same body in same spacial special enco with vindicator schematic.

Most of the components you can get only from footlockers where will be only max 1-2 pieces.So you will need a long time to get craft some HQ gear.Also i bet there would be more interesting auctions and traders with components and HQ stuff...

I will be really glad to hear some voice of Devs here.Thanks alot.

« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 05:44:20 pm by KILL N DIE »

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 05:05:07 pm »

I would decrease a lot those reqs for crafting those, this just means lvling up another silly trash-alts.
h
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 05:25:35 pm »

Why make crafting even harder? I don't think that it would help at all. It would only drive the few remaining players away from the server. I don't like the idea. -1

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 05:28:09 pm »

Arbitrary, high requirements, but more importantly: it would just make the game have even less variety in weapons because everyone would grind the vindicator/gauss.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 05:31:29 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 05:31:01 pm »

requirements can be changed...everything is discutable...
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 05:35:55 pm »

Arbitrary, high requirements, but more importantly: it would just make the game have even less variety in weapons because everyone would grind the vindicator/gauss.
You can already get gauss and vindi and where are all they? in lockers forever...
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 05:41:14 pm »

Why make crafting even harder? I don't think that it would help at all. It would only drive the few remaining players away from the server. I don't like the idea. -1
Even harder? Whats so hard on craft? you science all farmed stuff or mine som components then you just go to mariposa without any gear or so cause no need it here,maybe against dogs?) and craft brand new one,that's really hard...
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2013, 05:49:35 pm »

You can already get gauss and vindi and where are all they? in lockers forever...
Actually, my friend uses his Gausses and Vindicator for Enclave hunting. And also, stop triple posting.
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2013, 05:52:20 pm »

Actually, my friend uses his Gausses and Vindicator for Enclave hunting. And also, stop triple posting.
Enclave hunting with vindicator mh,that sounds like a good bollox,please tell me from where he got that much ammo that he can spend on PVE?...
btw i was reacting to different comments so stop telling me what i should do or why i shouldn't...

Ganado

• Dishonest Abe
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 05:52:57 pm »

Yes, a lot of people just store them in fear of losing them currently. Well, some Gauss pistols are certainly used in pvp, but the vindi is surely much rarer. But the point I was making was that adding these weapons in their current state as readily available and grind-able would just make people feel they have to take the time to craft these to be able to compete, and other types wouldn't be used. Also, there's simply no fun for majority of the population to have to grind footlockers to get materials.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 05:54:48 pm by Dishonest Abe »
Error while opening cfg file: spawnnpc.cfg
Shit! Damn admins! Always ruining my fun! I guess I'll talk to them. WITH MY FISTS!!!! No seriously, I will write them a nice email or make a thread on the forums or something. Thanks!
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 05:56:19 pm »

Yes, a lot of people just store them in fear of losing them currently. Well, some Gauss pistols are certainly used in pvp, but the vindi is surely much rarer. But the point I was making was that adding these weapons in their current state as readily available and grind-able would just make people feel they have to take the time to craft these to be able to compete. Also, there's simply no fun for majority of the population to have to grind footlockers to get materials.
But with that point more people would serach for footlockers and they will looking foward to finds some components that they need also it means that more people will encounter each other in those encounters while searching a footlocker.If there would be a way to craft those weapons people wouldn't be so afraid to loose 1 cause they could craft another later...
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2013, 06:04:09 pm »

Perhaps some components could be found in bookcases or desks in random enco,not  only in footlockers...

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2013, 06:37:19 pm »

Yeah, especially when there are 2 vindicators on server, nice troll post.
h

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2013, 07:08:49 pm »

Easy?! You call that easy?! Just to mske one set of ma2 is a logistic nightmare taking 30 minutes!
No thsnx.
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 19 queries.