FOnline Development > 3D Development

3D Model in Blender

<< < (2/3) > >>

Luther Blissett:
Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware, nobody ever managed to find a way to get a working rigged model into Blender. Unless any newer plugins exist now, you probably still can't without manually re-rigging it.

It exists as a 3ds Max biped, or as the .x file. To my knowledge that leaves us with the options of 3ds Max 2010 or Fragmotion (unless someone knows of another program or export format that would work).

You should be able to get the skeleton into Blender as a bvh, and can separately get the base figure in as an obj or 3ds file - but you'd have to link them together yourself. You'll probably have to adjust the import settings as the axes (plural axis, not weapon) will be the wrong way round and the figure will be laying face down.

[edit] Apparently someone's writing a new import plugin for Blender. No idea if this works or not. https://github.com/littleneo/directX_blender

Senocular:
I managed to get it in Blender with this procedure:

1. Open rigged .x model in Fragmotion
2. Export it to .smd HL2 format
3. Import it to Blender using SMD Tools

Althought it badly stretches when I try to move it. What app was used to create current animations?

Alvarez:
Scale the bones like in this tutorial

Luther Blissett:

--- Quote from: Senocular on May 22, 2013, 10:10:07 pm ---Althought it badly stretches when I try to move it.

--- End quote ---

It looks like a few of the vertices are not connected to the bones (or not connected to the right bones). Note that I'm not sure the fat man file was ever rigged properly (I was doing this one myself whilst learning and testing). I may have done a newer one which was correctly rigged but never uploaded.

Anyway, it should be fixable - it looks like most of the foot is okay, but a few bits are unconnected. Having a look at the tutorial Alvarez mentioned might help to connect those last few dots.

The SMD export/import thing looks very promising though - I'll try to have a look at this myself at some point over the next few days. Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with Blender, but I might know enough to test some import/export stuff. I've wanted a Blender compatible version of the rig since we started, so I'm quite excited to see this SMD thing, even if it is a bit wobbly at the moment.

Also would be great if you had time to try the original male human - base file can be downloaded here #0 - 3D Tutorials and Links - under 1st "spoiler" are the "Basic Resource Links" for male and female models. The .x files are the ones from the main 3D repo. Do the same Fragmotion/SMD/Blender thing and see what it comes out with.

--- Quote from: Senocular on May 22, 2013, 10:10:07 pm ---What app was used to create current animations?

--- End quote ---

All the current 'official' animations were done by Karpov in 3DS Max, with the original biped file. I've done some in Fragmotion for various test things (basically to check how it worked), but none which are part of the main Fonline 3D stuff.

Senocular:

--- Quote from: Luther Blissett on May 23, 2013, 05:08:34 am ---Also would be great if you had time to try the original male human - base file can be downloaded here #0 - 3D Tutorials and Links - under 1st "spoiler" are the "Basic Resource Links" for male and female models. The .x files are the ones from the main 3D repo. Do the same Fragmotion/SMD/Blender thing and see what it comes out with.

--- End quote ---

It turned out much better but there is still some work to do. For examplse some bones in hands are left out.

--- Quote from: Alvarez on May 23, 2013, 12:02:13 am ---Scale the bones like in this tutorial

--- End quote ---
Nice tutorial althought I don't understand why bother with this instead of posting a rigged mesh for everyone? I thought we need unified mesh so that there are no 10 animations with 10 different rigs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version