FOnline Development > 3D Development

New 3D Critters?

(1/3) > >>

E3245:
Is it possible to add critters with their own animations to FOnline? Like armored vehicles controlled by the Enclave?

Luther Blissett:
It's definitely possible to add extra critters - though a vehicle may be a problem - it depends on what you want to do with it. I'm not sure if you'd be able to add a working vehicle that you could get in and out of, and also "drive round" on a local map. You could definitely do one or the other though.

So you could :
- add a vehicle like the current car, or other vehicles in 2238 (which appears on local map as static object, but is not "driven")
- add a critter which looked like a car, i.e. moved round local map, attacked, had loot - but it would technically be a "creature" or "person". It may be a problem to make a multi-hex critter.

You will need to edit bits in these folders/files (and probably more):
\Server\proto\critters
\Server\data\CritterTypes.cfg
\Server\dialogs (look at ones starting mob_xxx.fodlg)
\Server\scripts\_defines.fos
\Server\text\

I don't know enough to tell you the specifics on how to do more than that though. Hopefully someone else knows more on the subject and can tell you. If it's still working, www.fonline.ru used to have a lot of answers on how to do things like this.

Alvarez:
Anyone have the idea how it was made in Tactics? As for now, a motorcycle critter is halfmade, which takes 1 hex. Unfortunately it cant follow the scenery in a straight line when moving to SW. Doesnt matter in the desert, though.

E3245:
Any way to make a multihex creature work? Or would I have to change something?

Alvarez:
Some heavy scripting is involved, since you're gonna have to invent procedural moving blockers.
I wonder how it's gonna work...
Pseudocritters copying movement of master mob and holding a formation by keeping minimal distance? Is it possible to make them regroup depending on the faced direction and movement?

I'd ask on Tactics modding forums, if someone knows the mechanics of Tactics vehicles, e.g. the emulating a turning circle of a vehicle. I think speed was involved in the mechanics as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version