"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 29, 2024, 08:14:03 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: No way to kite in RT play (PVP)  (Read 2967 times)

Kanly

• The future is today, worry about it tomorrow!
Re: No way to kite in RT play (PVP)
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2013, 06:27:47 pm »

Your friend is right, there is no pvp in the wastelands, sometime you may hear rumors of pvp , but you should know the truth: this is a roleplay server, players ask who want to lose and where, then they put on stage the fight.

So this is the reason we never have find out the secret of wastelands pvp who shoot first win
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2013, 05:18:49 pm »

Thanks to everyone who posted. I'm pretty sure my friend was just trolling me and the game in general and was pissed off because he lost. He's searching for any way to poke a hole in a game that I enjoy. Anyway thanks for the responses, a lot of you brought up some really good points that he was not able to dispute other than saying that other games simply are better built for PVP and RT.
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2013, 11:36:53 pm »

Limited map size is also a factor.

I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2013, 05:58:46 pm »

Why would someone chase you if you keep damaging them and they can't reach you? Your friend is a retard.

Hahahaha!

Give this man a medal! He won the thread! XD

Nice_Boat

• I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2013, 03:40:52 pm »

2238 PvP used to be pretty much like WW2 warfare. You get spotted, you die, one dude could burst down a squad spending his full AP, people getting 1-shot owned by snipers etc. This meant that people didn't care about stuff like kiting and formations and focused on cover, flanking and keyholing instead.

Afterwards, a series of nerfs to damage across the board made killing a dude with a full set of AP questionable, if not downright impossible. Then, a stimpack key bind was introduced, making tanking even more viable, so people started using formations. With formations, stuff like kiting and shit you see in other MMOs started appearing in PvP, but at its heart right now it's still mostly Napoleonic warfare with two lines of people bashing at each other until one starts dying, breaks and runs. Basically, sniper rifles and rocket launchers are the rifles and burst weapons are the bayonets. Kiting - when it happens - is done in groups and is more about pulling people into kill zones than withering them down like in other games... so to be honest, skirmishing would be a better word here.

Personally, I don't really like the direction 2238 went with that because the older, extremely lethal model was more unique - but they both have their pros and cons. Still, you probably won't experience the new model in all its glory, because most of the PvP community left the server by now.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 17 queries.