"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 11:33:29 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Finesse  (Read 3344 times)

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
Re: Finesse
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2013, 03:25:57 pm »

Aha, point still stands.

Finesse on a sniper isn't the best choice

agreed. sniper cripplers are rubbish this session.
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2013, 04:31:56 pm »

That's the point - they shouldn't be. Finesse was meant to be taken by certain characters, e. g. Solar's post - those that aim eyes/head. Finesse should increase overall damage. Snipers were meant to be nerfed in another way: reduced rolls, defense through higher luck and anti-crit perks, extra trait spot that is a must-take. Browse carefully through Solar's post to see what his vision was.

I think there's a bug in the implementation somewhere. Or maybe Solar left his work half-done... In fact, he hasn't been active for a while.

Basically:
Before the Wipe:
3 MC, 10 Luck, Better Criticals, Targetting Eyes

After Wipe:
2 MC, 10 Luck, Better Criticals, RBtE, Targetting Eyes, Finesse

Unchanged: critical chance.
Pros: Higher damage. Only 5-10% shots that aren't criticals have reduced damage, but overall the dmg is ~10% bigger.
Cons: extra trait slot taken away(finesse is a must take). Worse crit rolls(+20 before wipe, potentially -10 after) = worse effects - less KOs, KDs, no insta kills(sic!), so everything BG users were bitching about.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 04:40:00 pm by Floodnik »

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2013, 04:35:09 pm »

That's the point - they shouldn't be. Finesse was meant to be taken by certain characters, e. g. Solar's post - those that aim eyes/head. Finesse should increase overall damage. Snipers were meant to be nerfed in another way: reduced rolls, defense through higher luck and anti-crit perks, extra trait spot that is a must-take. Browse carefully through Solar's post to see what his vision was.

I think there's a bug in the implementation somewhere. Or maybe Solar left his work half-done... In fact, he hasn't been active for a while.
You don't have a place for anti crit perk, you just take bonehead to anti crit other snipers, because most snipers have less than 200 hps, and will get killed in 2 bursts by non crit bursters.
h
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2013, 04:38:57 pm »

So that's another argument for buffing snipers, Tomowolf - BG builds don't even have to take MoS or TTT :/ They just go damage, yay.
Small edit in my previous post for you guys to see how it should work.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 04:49:55 pm by Floodnik »
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2013, 07:59:44 pm »

Bypass should ignore DR and should happen more often when aiming eyes (you don't have much eyeprotection, even while wearing helmet, don't you?)
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2013, 02:06:22 pm »

DR and DT should depend on armor's condition.
As for the damages taken in any circonstances in my opinion.

And I agree with Edik, there shouldnt be any protection in the eyes, supposed to be the most sensitive part, also harder to hit.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 18 queries.