"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 27, 2024, 11:55:05 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Injury encounters.  (Read 3150 times)

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
Re: Injury encounters.
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2013, 05:13:27 pm »

First, who in Wasteland might get scratched up more: a lone traveller with a knife or a heavily armed patrol? My guess it will be the first one.

Everyone else can patch each other up, especially when military organisations, like NCR, BoS or even Master's army can have their medics.

Lone injured persons woudn't probably have this luxury but then again, are they worth farming? So forget the issue with balance. This suggestion is of purely humanitary nature of a wasteland doc, so let dem devs read it, maybe it get in the game somehow.
I have nothing against those poor injured travellers you may help, maybe even instead of searching wastelanders in bars, you could do it around in encounters.
As for those organisations, you're 100% right, I agree with you, but if they got any injuries (for example when TB start) they wont be able to patch up, and will be easily pwnd by players/other npcs.
h

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2013, 05:45:05 pm »

I was hinting that only poor wastelanders might have injuried status when you encounter them. Or slaves. Perhaps raiders. Low tier stuff.

Because the well-equipped parties have treated their wounded long ago before you encounter them (backstage) and in game terms, they have no injuried status when you encounter them, (vanilla condition, unscratched, so you can't abuse anything.)
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2013, 02:51:27 am »

Perhaps crippled patrols would radio for reinforcements?

Non-crippled ones?

Or just make the crippled ones more likely to call for help.
Just have help arrive using the work already done on predators.
I wish there were bags, backpacks, etc. in Fonline.
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2013, 07:09:40 pm »

Such a simple suggestion, a cool one in my opinion, and out come the nay sayers and see balance issues that aren't there. ::)
Anyway +1 from me.

It can also be high tier patrol encounters, injured units just don't carry stuff. done. Its not really abusable, like already stated. It would make it more organic and give medics something to level on. There is a lot of non combat skills that could use more PvE situations where they need to be applied!
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 19 queries.