"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 12, 2024, 12:04:57 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Players voice! the results  (Read 6085 times)

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
Re: Players voice! the results
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 11:58:57 am »

Even if they don't blame JovankaB, which is pretty childish, we can still say the DEViation of this server is being done by unskilled team, without good ideas(because it looks like it's true)
Examples?
Closet beta on which noob players were invited to grief around, GM's playing with commands and bombards everything.
Not consulting ideas with players, just adding them and if you don't like then gtfo.
Constant nerfing another skills/perks instead of making them other way.
I didn't blame any of the DEV team guys, I just said you're doing wrong.
That's it.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 12:09:24 pm by Tomowolf »
h

Termap

• The King of Cleverness
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2013, 12:03:28 pm »

I love how people blame Jovanka on everything bad. :D Fun fact: People blamed the devs already for everything bad long before Jovanka even was in the team. Just that the old bad turned into the "old good" now, because of whatever reason.

Always the same: The developer who is most present on the forum is the one who destroys everything good. I just remembered how I was the one who deployed terrible patches and ruined the whole game (even areas I never touched), just because I was the only one from the dev team regulary posting on the forum. :)
I have a theory on this:
Maybe someone who defends the most not favourite things, deserves be not favourite.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2013, 12:09:05 pm »

I love how people blame Jovanka on everything bad. :D Fun fact: People blamed the devs already for everything bad long before Jovanka even was in the team. Just that the old bad turned into the "old good" now, because of whatever reason.

Always the same: The developer who is most present on the forum is the one who destroys everything good. I just remembered how I was the one who deployed terrible patches and ruined the whole game (even areas I never touched), just because I was the only one from the dev team regulary posting on the forum. :)

I agree that devs were blamed all the time, and it is quite right as devs implement features, even now, most of the bad features like repair, drugs are solar ideas, but with solar you could talk, you could give him reasons and he listened, and now its just totally useless, because we have too many mr. know it alls, and their knowledge led this server to the worse online player count ever, and chance of talking some sense to them is pretty much like talking to a wall. And there were times when server crashed once every hour and rollbacked! And we still played, because that fuckin hour was fun!

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2013, 12:11:26 pm »

Expressed clearly? Sorry but only things they expressed roughly clearly were brahmin shovelling and bartering and even then 30% disagreed with the majority. You're accusing someone of lying while making false claims yourself.

just read the conclusions of mine, only 1 feature is not clearly expressed, and i know that you dont like the results, as you were always with the ideas of some imaginary "balance" which led server to current condition. i already told you this on irc, you are the worst player to listen to, if someone wants to develop a good game.

avv

« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2013, 12:17:24 pm »

just read the conclusions of mine, only 1 feature is not clearly expressed, and i know that you dont like the results, as you were always with the ideas of some imaginary "balance" which led server to current condition. i already told you this on irc, you are the worst player to listen to, if someone wants to develop a good game.

Fascinating. However how can you demand devs to listen to players if the players disagree on everything?
I mean I'm a player and you're saying my ideas ruined the game but at the same time devs should listen to players. So how exactly are the devs supposed to pick the right players from the wrong players?
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2013, 12:22:35 pm »

just go with majority like with voting results, and sorry avv, majority is not with you.
If players disagree on everything, then devs should really think about quitting their job, maybe its just not for them. I dont remember anyone disagree on locker crafting for example, because it was a good feature. And now take your time to understand,why players disagree on another features.

Termap

• The King of Cleverness
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2013, 12:24:35 pm »

Lets say that creating of questionnaires like this, for each new upcoming feature could be good start.

Devs will create a suggestion, players approve or denied it. At the same time they will save a lot of time by features which have not any price, but just welcomed from players.

After some time on 2238 I have enough of suprise.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 12:42:21 pm by Termap »

avv

« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2013, 12:32:21 pm »

just go with majority like with voting results, and sorry avv, majority is not with you.
If players disagree on everything, then devs should really think about quitting their job, maybe its just not for them.

So based on your poll, devs should quit.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2013, 12:35:35 pm »

So based on your poll, devs should quit.

you should quit in first place, so that then we could start a normal discussion instead of this low class trolling.

Termap

• The King of Cleverness
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2013, 12:36:09 pm »

devs should cooperate through questionnaires

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2013, 12:41:26 pm »

Like it was said:
People voted to the most suitable and most exploitable/repeatable solution.

Also I noticed that people have conflicting opinions.
Like for instance:
After the 2012 wipe people said how the last session TC "was the worst by far",now let me remind you this is when toilet control was introduced.
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2013, 01:18:57 pm »

Player voice doesn't mean shit, because one way or the other they will still implement horrendous features and then complain how they didn't get any feedback from players.

Get out while you still can.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 01:32:08 pm by davrot »

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #42 on: May 01, 2013, 02:01:32 pm »

Lets say that creating of questionnaires like this, for each new upcoming feature could be good start.

Devs will create a suggestion, players approve or denied it. At the same time they will save a lot of time by features which have not any price, but just welcomed from players.

After some time on 2238 I have enough of suprise.

It's a super time waste, really. Reminds me of TLA in 2009. We used a repository server from the very beginning, because it is just needed. People from TLA then started discussing about using a repository server too... I think the thread had 12+ pages later and still no decision was made, because they just couldn't agree. That's juts one example...

Now don't get me wrong. Discussing ideas is a good thing. But discussing *everything*, in the hope that at some point everyone agrees, just slows down development so much, that in the end, nothing will get done.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 02:03:09 pm by Lexx »

Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #43 on: May 01, 2013, 02:15:26 pm »

Just to point out more flaws of this "poll": Lots of people I know, that played 2238 several years and were active in all aspects of the game didnt vote. Moreover, if you let 1 bad answer and 3 worse answers, it doesnt mean we got a perfect solution for that matter.

I wouldnt really call it players´ opinion, its more like a current mood of players.
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2013, 02:51:42 pm »

Just to point out more flaws of this "poll": Lots of people I know, that played 2238 several years and were active in all aspects of the game didnt vote. Moreover, if you let 1 bad answer and 3 worse answers, it doesnt mean we got a perfect solution for that matter.

I wouldnt really call it players´ opinion, its more like a current mood of players.

if we have 128 votes, then of course not all players who played fonline 2238 voted, but its the majority still who did, and the vote count is more than decent to get some common player opinion.
Also of course its not a perfect solution, its what we liked most from all the features we had before, if you have a perfect solution - post it in suggestions, im sure it will be implemented easy, as it is perfect. But while you do that, the playerbase wants to enjoy fonline 2238, not tla, so i see nothing wrong in making the game more enjoyable.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 18 queries.