"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 02:07:00 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Pvp Laser rifle crit build  (Read 5797 times)

Re: Pvp Laser rifle crit build
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2013, 10:48:15 pm »

The ST - INT trade should be done because it's pure advantage, dunno why I haven't noticed that.
RBtE only affects helmets if the description doesn't lie(and only 50% of the helmet's effect is mitigated... so it's 50% of 10% = 5%, right?)
So here we are: AP for HP. If I wanted this extra AP, I'd have to either take Action Boy instead of Lifegiver++(IMO bad idea -40 HP) or take 2 more AG instead of EN(if you think about sacrifising something else for AG - say)... but that would mean I loose HP both from less endurance AND from the fact that I can't take lifegiver++ anymore!(requires 7 EN).
I think the first dillema is solved - I would definetly go for HP.
Now, the second dillema - RBtE instead of LG++. IMO RBtE is not powerful enough to compensate :P
The last thing I can think of is switching LG++ with Even Tougher(if you can take this perk without taking Toughness... maybe that would be a plus, needs more reasoning).

Here is what I am at currently:
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:56:38 pm by Floodnik »

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2013, 10:57:24 pm »

The ST - INT trade should be done because it's pure advantage, dunno why I haven't noticed that.
RBtE only affects helmets if the description doesn't lie(and only 50% of the helmet's effect is mitigated... so it's 50% of 10% = 5%, right?)
So here we are: AP for HP. If I wanted this extra AP, I'd have to either take Action Boy instead of Lifegiver++(IMO bad idea -40 HP) or take 2 more AG instead of EN(if you think about sacrifising something else for AG - say)... but that would mean I loose HP both from less endurance AND from the fact that I can't take lifegiver++ anymore!(requires 7 EN).
I think the first dillema is solved - I would definetly go for HP.
Now, the second dillema - RBtE instead of LG++. IMO RBtE is not powerful enough to compensate :P
The last think I can think of is switching LG++ with Even Tougher(if you can take this perk without taking Toughness... maybe that would be a plus, needs more reasoning).

Here is what I am at currently:

From mine tests, RbtE gives a big advantage, I don't have it on SG sniper and it suck, mostly having low dmg crits in head, with RbtE perk I got kd's and ko's more often, along with bigger damage.
Choice is yours, imho, those large amounts of hps won't give you anything if you do not have bonehead, as sniper, because you can get eliminated by enemy sniper: -).
h
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2013, 11:12:31 pm »

Penetrate and -DR attributes (as AP bullets have) reduce threshold and DR in general, thats including toughness perks. Therefore i deduce that RBTE works for +crit ressist perks in the same manner.
(BTW helmet (CA mk II) gives +20% crit ressist, not 10%. This all part of the so called sniper nerf)
Edit: If what Tomowolf says is true, then RBTE allso reduces the +10 Crit POWER ressist of helmets by 50%. I have no facts to back this up though.

Not having RBTE reduces the reliability of your build then by this amount (10%, 15%, 20%), because if you dont make a crit you dont do damage. In the end it is a consideration for each player to make.
I can tell you this however, that any powerbuild has RBTE.

I would not take even tougher over LG++, because the third rank is pretty good, and you alredy invested in LG and LG+, and should finish the LG tree.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 11:16:26 pm by C.H.A.R.L.I.E »
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2013, 11:31:27 pm »

Looks like RBtE is a must, then. Bye, my precious HP  :(
I miss the times where snipers were powerful and could equally fight BGs, eh. Now they seem more like a backup. And even if RBtE is a must-take perk it still feels like a waste, pretty painful.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 11:34:13 pm by Floodnik »

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2013, 11:33:44 pm »

Looks like RBtE is a must, then. Bye, my precious HP  :(
You don't need more than 180~~ hps on sniper, if you know how to play him.

Just lower your Lk to 9, get bonehead, get 3 int overally, get 210~~ energy weapons, and shoot head, not eyes, eye crit are sometimes good, and sometimes same as head crits, and most of apes got doctor, or friend with doctor skill, so your blind wont do much (also blindness happens less often), sniper's role as main alt has changed (before it was ex: plasma tank or tanky sg sniper, now it's scout or ko/kd'er or crippler).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 11:36:27 pm by Tomowolf »
h
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2013, 11:37:23 pm »

Yeah, that's what I remember from the past when I was playing a sniper all the time, how much HP was it back then on a standard build, 170? The best Gauss Pistol - dedicated apes even went for ~130. Worked well but it had much, much more power than now. Here I'm trying to find a way to compensate for the lack of damage and the power of criticals that is now gone.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 11:41:22 pm by Floodnik »
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2013, 06:22:04 pm »

I must mention one thing. There is not enough % in EW in the build above - I made a mistake doing calculations. The fact that sharpshooter gives 8% and doesn't count as additional 2 PE is pretty painful. It means either no psycho, throw out doctor(not gonna be enough probably though) or something else. Too tired to think about it now. If you're going to aim for groin only it's almost enough.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 18 queries.