"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:23:03 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Wasteland = full of thiefs?  (Read 1205 times)

Lordus

• So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Wasteland = full of thiefs?
« on: March 29, 2010, 01:38:55 pm »

When you will nerf steal rocket experience? In comparsion with i.e. doctor proffesion, when you must level it more than week to level 3 proffesion, you can have any character at level 12 with any skills if you use steal.

You are nerfing everything, but most annoying proffesions like thief you dont...
So long and THANKS for all the fish!
Re: Wasteland = full of thiefs?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 01:45:08 pm »

Here goes again. Let the rage commence. Even ive never owned a thief char and never tried stealing anyone and i doubt i gonna do thievery, i still want that feature in game as i think its cruical. The nerfs aint that tragic, except the rocket one. Stealing skill was completly useless before the wipe because of the mega security in big cities. Now its found a use again once more.
I give a fuck.

Lordus

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 01:49:26 pm »

You dont understand me.. You can have level 12 after one afternoon of using only steal skill. You have not do to anything else, than ..... . As a crafter, doctor, PvP char or something else, i can never have that level in this short time. Also, i have nothing against thiefs.. It is part of the game. But you can abuse steal skill to level up another kindof char, thats the problem.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 02:02:18 pm »

Yes, steal shoud be next on the list  8)

Bring on the thief rage!
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 02:28:42 pm »

But what about car-rage then?

We could rage about bases as well. Hm.
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 02:43:50 pm »

I think we should rage about Xoen's brahmin. Hes gone missing since wipe  :'(
I give a fuck.

Lordus

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 02:50:39 pm »

In real world, if you raise the taxes, the goverment will not get more money from this measure. Why? Because of people will violate the tax law, or they will not violate it, but they will use creative accounting or they will reside to more tax free countries.

If you set up very restrictive rules how to get experience, only game abusers will have profit from this. They will always find some bug or sideway how to raise they skills etc. Problem is, this abusing goes on account of non abusing players. Players, which dont have time to find theese bugs, which can spent 1-2 hours per day maximum ingame.

Look at pre wipe caravan hunting because of LSW->alloys.

So now, the exping is ver restricted. Dont know why?

Can you imagine situation, that player after one month will join Fonline and wants to play. How difficult or imposible will be it for him, because he will challenge lvl 15+ pure pvp players with no chance to get entough HQ resources...

Why i need 5 hours per day spent in fonline for one month to get level 21 char to have player ready for PvP. PvP was only reason, why VSB, BBS, RED, DMC, maybe Cajuns stayed on server.

You, developers, did not get us something like Random Nuclear Storage quests or something like this, so we will have to do until we will have enough experience.

And i repeat, it is impossible to challenge lvl 18+ bg enemy with player until lvl 15.. Maby if some developer will play this kind of battles,... they will know. No, it is annoying to level up character until you are able to fight.

Solar

• Rotator
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 03:08:17 pm »

The difference for level 3 crafting is equal to 1000/1170% => 85.4%, level 2 difference is 74%.

These are not big reductions at all. If it took you a week to get to 21 or 15 or whatever arbitrary level you consider to be where you are allowed to PvP then at level 3 it takes 8.2 days and at level 2 it now takes 9.45 days. Not the end of the world.

First aid? It was stupid that people sat punching each other to level by healing. Infact FA being a primary way of levelling was stupid full stop, unless you are a 100% Doctor. If you pump your Doc skill the rate of levelling is exactly the same as before => No decrease other than stopping an exploit.

There will be more PvE added, there will be other things besides this added too, aswell as there being more critter types added so xp from encounters is easier. We just had a pretty big update, not everything can be done all at once :)
Quote from: Woodrow Wilson
If you want to make enemies, try to change something.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2010, 03:12:26 pm »

Maybe you didn't play any other MMO games, Lordus? There you even have a LOT of more time to take you to the highest level.
And imo this is good, that it takes so long. When everyone will have their 21 chars again, the stockpiling of items will begin again and in no matter of time the players are crying "wipe, please!!11".  :-\

Lordus

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 03:18:04 pm »

but until level 21, we have nothing to do, only crafting, killing critters (boring, if you must repeat it for 1000 times), mining and thats all.. if there will be repetable random quest for all kind of proffesion like i suggested..

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 03:21:00 pm »

Yep, it's right that there aren't much "mid game" quests in it, but in the future there will be. ;)
And there is always "something to do". Just be a bit creative. :)

Sius

• Sheep EX machina!
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 03:28:58 pm »

Anyway old thievery bug is still possible. When you take 120+ stealing skill you are able to level up your char just by using this skill (30s cooldown).

So you take brahmin, steal from it and you put weightless items like caps or xander roots to your inventory and back to brahmins. By repeating this you can get exp chain ending with like regular 200-500 exp per cooldonw (again 30 sec). And that currently the most effective way of leveling your char.

Exp chain is like this:

So even PvP chars just take 100-120 stealing instead of (now useless) FA and they level up fast.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 22 queries.