"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • May 11, 2024, 02:18:29 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog

Poll

Whould you guys like to wipe and fix the game or keep it?

yeah!!!
- 55 (48.7%)
mabe
- 6 (5.3%)
dunno
- 5 (4.4%)
no
- 15 (13.3%)
wtf is wrong with you
- 32 (28.3%)

Total Members Voted: 112

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Wipe the game or not?  (Read 17824 times)

Re: Wipe the game or not?
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 09:56:46 am »

YOU ARE NOT THE CHOSEN ONE/VAULT DWELLER
You are not,and you never will be.Deal with it.

The ability to acquire power armors would be just "Fallout" given appropriate rarity for the item, just like a lot of other Fallout content could be introduced in the game with the same principle which would add more variety to the game and create a positive effect.

I'm not the chosen one, but alright I'll say I'm from a large military organization in the wasteland which can potentially wage war with any other large, existing party, now don't tell me we couldn't acquire Power Armors.

The point is, players aren't any ordinary wastelanders either, your chosen one arguments only hurt the game and that's the reason why the game is stale, boring and empty. Just like Nice_Boat said on the other topic, the game soon will have 5 players which will be all hipster like and play true wasteland. ;D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:58:19 am by T-888 »
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 10:06:11 am »

wipe only after huge changelog

The Good Doctor

• Doctor: 100%
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2013, 10:10:19 am »

New stuff and things to do are introduced gradually, when they are ready to put on public server.
Just merge all changelogs from the last year and you will see how much was done.
Although a lot of it was bug fixing, but this is exactly the result of the "huge changelog" approach.

Either you can have a huge update (and tons of bugs) once in a year or regular updates.
You can't have both.
A wipe is required for balancing issues, however.
I.E. People who were able to achieve millions of 5mm and Rockets from pickpocketing BoS still have those millions of 5mm and Rockets after the update.
But that is only one example.

xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 11:36:45 am »

New stuff and things to do are introduced gradually, when they are ready to put on public server.
Just merge all changelogs from the last year and you will see how much was done.
Although a lot of it was bug fixing, but this is exactly the result of the "huge changelog" approach.

Either you can have a huge update (and tons of bugs) once in a year or regular updates.
You can't have both.

I want a cookie and i want eat one. Lets have regular updates + some big content being worked in secret and as a second priority. And when the time is right wipe + lunch this bigger update.

If there`s no new stuff, there won`t be anything to compensate for lossing our Characters and Stuff. It woud had negative effect on players feeling i think. At least i woud feel sorry for lossing my stuf :)

I think that pure wiping woud be bad idea.
Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 12:08:02 pm »

And hundreds brotherhood and enclave patrols in PA and APA you are meeting every day in encounters, so YES only Chosen One had this armor.
wtf if the chosen one is he only one that can get the armor then fallout is ruined plus PA aint op

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2013, 12:10:50 pm »

wtf if the chosen one is he only one that can get the armor then fallout is ruined plus PA aint op
Because you are just an ordinary wastelander.
If PA was available then everyone would have 50+ of them.
And pvp would start to look like warhammer 40k.

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2013, 12:19:10 pm »

Because you are just an ordinary wastelander.
If PA was available then everyone would have 50+ of them.
And pvp would start to look like warhammer 40k.
so your saying the ncr cant get PA because there not the chosen one wrong if a player can rape them solo I bet ncr chould rape them if wanted and take the armor

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 12:22:22 pm »

so your saying the ncr cant get PA because there not the chosen one wrong if a player can rape them solo I bet ncr chould rape them if wanted
"NCR can't get PA"<--- what? Who is ncr? What are you talking about?
Anyway,when everyone has PA it stops being rare.Let me remind you that PA was extremely rare back in F1/2 and this is the exact reason why we can not have them.It would be super retarded and non canon.
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2013, 12:25:59 pm »

Anyway,when everyone has PA it stops being rare.Let me remind you that PA was extremely rare back in F1/2 and this is the exact reason why we can not have them.It would be super retarded and non canon.
PA was rare in f1 and f2 because there was only 1 set of armor because we can load back and save in this we need more because replications which means your armor is gone forever to anyone who killed you
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2013, 12:28:27 pm »

Wipe yes, why not...

But, if Gm's have no updates to do, wipe will not give more players, because players will come,test, and see that the game is the same that before the wipe..

As players we can not ask for a wipe, it's gm's choice, and work.

Dendito

• [TLC] Ian.
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2013, 12:40:47 pm »

i think he means in FNV.
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 01:18:03 pm »

Ohh 40k, sounds good !  Better then the crap we have now, how "falloutish" it might be.
Then I could finally roleplay a xenophobic, hatepreaching, full-armed pastor and shout anti-psalms against jovanka in NCR and other 40k shit . Suffer not the witch to live !

.... but wait I'm already doing that
http://i48.tinypic.com/n3kv0y.jpg
IT. IS. A. GAME.
*geez* ::)
Its supposed to be fun, which includes a friendly and helpful community of players.

xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 01:21:09 pm »

"An Open mind is like a tent with its guardian followed."
or
"Show me a fortress and I'll show you a base rape."
Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2013, 02:28:19 pm »

Server will die out if wiped.

Server isn't as crowded as it was like 1-2 years ago.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2013, 03:52:12 pm »

wipe only after huge changelog
Yes.
Blueprints getting rework, quests rework(more exp better loot, because grinding floaters is the only way to level up these days)
make crafting more cooler way to get money, because used guns are as good as those newly crafted, same with armors.
Bring back caravans to be farmed, change TC reward system, because noone needs 10000 ropes and 10000 flamer fuel.
h
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.