"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 03:50:14 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Expanded NOOB GUIDE v1.2: Up to date playing guide for starters / new players  (Read 14992 times)

Marko

• Treeman say map unsafe.
    • Updating the 2238 wiki

Good job, MRtrader. Sorry i missed this until now. I'd like to add this as a guide to the wiki, if you're okay with me making minor spelling and grammar edits. That okay? Is it in a final state and ready now or do you want to change it in some ways. PM me when ready.
Be patient with me. I'm from the USA so my English isn't very good.

Good job, MRtrader. Sorry i missed this until now. I'd like to add this as a guide to the wiki, if you're okay with me making minor spelling and grammar edits. That okay? Is it in a final state and ready now or do you want to change it in some ways. PM me when ready.
it's pretty much ready. feel free to use as you wish. At the moment im distracted by other games.

I'd like to share a build that focuses more on pvp/farming in turn based. I have been playing builds similar to this for a couple of years now, but I don't encounter them as often as before. So basically it would hopefully help some new players and get some more builds roaming around with the ability to give a good fight. Here's the build I'll try to explain why I make it the way that I do.

Special

ST-6: The weapon we will be utilizing here will be m60, it has plenty of shots with very few reloads needed. Also it has good damage and 7 strength requirement.
PE-9: Okay, I know it sounds a bit much, but in turn based PVP sequence matters. with ciggs you will have maxed sequence before perks.
EN-10: You will need the hit points to survive until your turn at which point you can seek cover and use Super Stims.
CH-1: You won't be needing this, use a radio when you pvp with friends, it prevents you all spawning together and getting sprayed with 7.62 or plasma grenades quickly ending your fun.
IN-3: This is enough for 2 skills basically, in Turns Doctor, and First Aid aren't any help so it's not a huge deal.
AG-10: The build is made to kill stuff in Turn based, and for that you need action points.
LK-1: This one is a bit dangerous due to it's affect on bypasses, but if your a true ninja you won't get hit much.

Perks 

3-Earlier sequence: I'm not sure how many people use this, but the way I see it you have the advantage over those who do not.
6-Bonus move: Allows you to use cover and still use all other AP's for shooting. Just step out one hex, fire twice and step back.
9-Even Tougher: It helps with entering other players encounters. If you can live long enough to make cover the fight is on.
12-Lifegiver: More Hit Points
15-Lifegiver Plus: Even more Hit Points
18-Action Boy: Actionboys are neccesary for getting a second burst on your turn.
21-Action Boy: Same as above
24-Bonus rate of fire: -1 ap for ranged shots, with the action boys you will shoot 2 times per turn.

For skills Take BG and Outdoors and make it how you like as long as you have around 200 BG in the end. Outdoors will be important to keep you from falling into traps, and letting you choose when to enter.

Optional- ciggs for maxed Sequence, Buff/Nuka for armor farming.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 09:10:11 pm by Crovax »
"I am condemned without end." -Crovax

Marko

• Updating the 2238 wiki

@MRtrader: your guide has been added to the wiki. Thanks! (i did make quite a few edits so please check it here when you can:

http://www.fo2238.fodev.net/wiki/Expanded_NOOB_Guide_for_Starters_and_New_Players,_by_MRtrader

@Crovax: your suggested build can also be added to the wiki if you're cool with that.

I'd like to share a build that focuses more on pvp/farming in turn based. I have been playing builds similar to this for a couple of years now, but I don't encounter them as often as before. So basically it would hopefully help some new players and get some more builds roaming around with the ability to give a good fight. Here's the build I'll try to explain why I make it the way that I do.

Special

ST-6: The weapon we will be utilizing here will be m60, it has plenty of shots with very few reloads needed. Also it has good damage and 7 strength requirement.
PE-9: Okay, I know it sounds a bit much, but in turn based PVP sequence matters. with ciggs you will have maxed sequence before perks.
EN-10: You will need the hit points to survive until your turn at which point you can seek cover and use Super Stims.
CH-1: You won't be needing this, use a radio when you pvp with friends, it prevents you all spawning together and getting sprayed with 7.62 or plasma grenades quickly ending your fun.
IN-3: This is enough for 2 skills basically, in Turns Doctor, and First Aid aren't any help so it's not a huge deal.
AG-10: The build is made to kill stuff in Turn based, and for that you need action points.
LK-1: This one is a bit dangerous due to it's affect on bypasses, but if your a true ninja you won't get hit much.

Perks 

3-Earlier sequence: I'm not sure how many people use this, but the way I see it you have the advantage over those who do not.
6-Bonus move: Allows you to use cover and still use all other AP's for shooting. Just step out one hex, fire twice and step back.
9-Even Tougher: It helps with entering other players encounters. If you can live long enough to make cover the fight is on.
12-Lifegiver: More Hit Points
15-Lifegiver Plus: Even more Hit Points
18-Action Boy: Actionboys are neccesary for getting a second burst on your turn.
21-Action Boy: Same as above
24-Bonus rate of fire: -1 ap for ranged shots, with the action boys you will shoot 2 times per turn.

For skills Take BG and Outdoors and make it how you like as long as you have around 200 BG in the end. Outdoors will be important to keep you from falling into traps, and letting you choose when to enter.

Optional- ciggs for maxed Sequence, Buff/Nuka for armor farming.

I have never saw that crappy character. You shouldn't take earlier sequence in my opinion, there are other much more useful perks.
-Especially when you can take bonus move for turn based in 3 lvl.
-Also you can take bonus rate of fire on 18lvl, so getting exp will be easier.
-Int in 3 is too damn low to play with fun :)
-Taking lifegiver 2 times, instead of 3 is wasting of perks, because third lifegiver gives the most HP.
-This build gives you 2 bursts from big gun per turn, but there is no bonus ranged damage perk, which is "must have" for bursters.
-You need also good crafter and miner or thief to find ammo for bg burster.
-If you tell me that he will not use bursts, but flamer - he should have pyromaniac.
-If he use bazooka - he can't shoot twice (he can only when have 2 bazookas, but there is no sense in it).

Please don't share this crappy build. It's better to go 100% for TB defence/hp, or 100% for TB damage build. This is weak kind of hybrid (you can also make even better hybrid for turn based combat than that).
The last one: when there is ~30 people on server, who will make turn based trap? If you will be lucky enough to enter some turn-based trap you will be killed before your turn starts.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 09:46:58 pm by Dozer »

It's actually not a hybrid at all and It's been proven worthy inbattle for sure. Anyways it's not supposed to be some uber build just a nice build for some people starting out in TB pvp if they are interested in that. Also BRD is not at all needed with m60. It's up to you as a player to take the build and run with it make it suit your playstyle. About the perk order you can definatley take those perks in whatever order you choose and the way i listed them isn't the best i wasn't really trying to say you Had to take them at those levels just list what I took.

I'd also like to note that this char is not meant to be a starting char but maybe a 2nd char after your crafter/slaver/barter guy or whatever.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 09:55:25 pm by Crovax »

Mr.NiceGuy

• Surprise Motherfucker !

I have never saw that crappy character. You shouldn't take earlier sequence in my opinion, there are other much more useful perks.
-Int in 3 is too damn low to play with fun :)
-This build gives you 2 bursts from big gun per turn, but there is no bonus ranged damage perk, which is "must have" for bursters.

You went full rertard here son

- higher sequence is okay can save your life sometimes.

-3 int is okay, I don't see a reason why did you put that as a negative side

- tb m60 doesn't need brds

How much players on server are now having more seq than this? I bet it's only Crovax. 10 agi+ cigs will almost always make you seq more than other players. That perk is not necessary. That's hard to play, shitty build. You said that 1/3 of my points are bad, so about 66% things I was right :) Learn from me kiddo  ;)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 10:34:48 pm by Dozer »

Marko

• Updating the 2238 wiki

10 agi+ cigs will almost always make you seq more than other players.

Are you saying that Agility effects Sequence?

Mr.NiceGuy

• Surprise Motherfucker !

10 agi+ cigs will almost always make you seq more than other players.

I think you meant 10pe ;)

I never said I'm okay with other points, didn't bother to read them.

I pointed those which are in "full retard mode" area.

About learning part, I think I learned enough in 3 and a half years of playing this game

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.

Without drugs on top, with jet,nuka,cigs on bottom. Build is able to farm all type encounters  except enclave. For traveling its necessary a car, also few tents in farming zones.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 11:01:38 pm by greenthumb »

AdolphbinStalin

• Always late...

I use a little simpler build than Greenthumbs (might be easier for newbs doing first build), but it can also farm all encounters solo xept enclave

Equipment: M60, CAMKII; nuka-cola; super stimpacks.
With nuka it gets x2 burst per/turn (10 Agility+ x2AB)
Cigs are optional to raise PE to 7. (no other drugs needed).

The trick with this type of farmer is Super Stimpacks + Quick Recovery; together means you can stimpack after Knockdown to live another day.
Luck helps alot against bypasses (basically luck is good on farmers so never neglect it- the more the merrier).
Outdoorsman of 178 ensures you don't get forced encounters (very useful when farming BOS). Basically you want to avoid BOS and BOS initiative encounters (those will get you killed), and do BOS vs encounters.

With current thief nerf it will be a little harder to support these types of builds with super stims (this is the key to survival when soloing), for newbies who haven't yet had a chance to hoard the stuff.

For those who don't mind the grind (basically folks with psych problems), can make x2 of these builds and use program called 'sandboxie' (just google it), to dual log and use 'distress' via radio to get x2 guys into encounters to farm with or get into a gang or farm with friends.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 12:39:23 pm by AdolphbinStalin »

greenthumb

its not bad build, he will be tough enough to solo even BOS, but as any other build it has flaws.
-Low carry weight will demote all joy from solo farming since you ll have to dual log to carry out your loot.
-Since i assume we are talking about TB builds, this build will have disabled ablity to 1-hex-double-burst in most cases, which will be very inefficient especialy for BOS and NCRA(Bonus Move is that perk which makes you realy agile in TB)
-Farming with drug build but without Chem reliant will decrease enjoyment aswell, even if its just nuka and cigs.

Also this build got some Pro, but i considered it as not important (thats also reason why i neglected it for my build)
-High outdoorsman will(might) help you, but it will be not singificant boost, here you spent 4 additional special points, but you can substitute High outdoorsman with a tent and a car. (Especialy for farming BOS and NCRA)

I wouldn't recomend new players make a build that relies so heavily on drugs or has no outdoors, notice the build i posted doesn't need drugs and it could definatley kill both of those previously posted builds and farm as good as them without the drugs.

greenthumb

I wouldn't recomend new players make a build that relies so heavily on drugs or has no outdoors, notice the build i posted doesn't need drugs and it could definatley kill both of those previously posted builds and farm as good as them without the drugs.
I would recommend to play with as good build as it is possible, drugs are not real problem(jet,nuka,cigs-cheapest drugs). You will see its worth to play with realy good build after you spend few hours on farming.

@YourBuild: Your build is maybe able to kill even some PVE builds with drugs(i dont think so), but farmer should not  be designed as PVP fighter(what your build realy isnt). Also your build will most likely die from first knockout during NCRA farming, what will become pretty annoying if you expect positive result from farming activites.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 22 queries.