"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 12:53:53 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Game impressions general  (Read 12428 times)

Energyman

• We are all made from energy!!!
Re: Game impressions general
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2013, 03:49:22 pm »

Ok, now when I calm down after a good night sleep and recover from heart attack and disappointment, we can now talk properly...

You are right when you say Fallout 1 & 2 are legend... it's true I have played both several times all over again with different style, but in the same tame those platforms are obsolete... I purchased Fallout 2 again, because I saw on the forum tread where developers ask for donation...

I thought in that moment... Hell yeahhhh... we need to support such great and huge efforts to rise into new shiny 3D Fallout online... My tears come out and that feellinggg... Shall we have at last the opportunity to talk or shoot into real person in post nuclear environment... :D

After my yesterday disappointment I cam see this only like... Let's say people's trust has damaged like this... or maybe not for some of you... No matter, let me please tell you what I have expected and in what I am ready to put my money in:

1. Forget about character leveling and adding points into skills or selecting perks...

New system I hoped will rise your skills by USING exact weapon or skill (example doctor's one)...
Perks you will gain by also doing something over and over where you increase slightly percentage from 0-100% as probability you actually gain specific perk you train by some action...

Of course rising skills and perks depends of your characters attributes you select in the beginning of the game and later with medical surgery or doing something for the community like if you elected for the major in some shitty little town, or by reading books etc...

2. Realistic approach to avoid first person shooting
Yeah, it's dumb just to ride over desert and collecting XP just by killing something... Noooo my friend, noooo... I vote for community IG development... If you wanna fight and stay alive you should make a friends to do it...

It sucks to have HP BAR with number of 70 and when it comes to 0 or below you are dead... obsolete!!!!
Imagine you can "drink a bullet in your arm" and this bullet should be puled out first... You also need to disinfect it too if you are willing to avoid gangrene (of course it depends of you immune system as well)... then bandage your wound... (no stimpacks for you today... read paragraph 9)

3. Strategy
If you have gun it can shoot over 300 meters without problem, so it is impossible for some big rat just run to you and torn you in pieces... of course in the woods if any it is different story... don't forget your friends who cover your back etc...

4. Killing
One bullet in big rat head and it is DEAD!!! Same treatment for a Mutant or Deathclaw if they get bullet into eye... Personally, I hate games where target have 1 bullion chances to live after clear shoot... Well if you want have better chances then you need to have helmet or be into power armor... but let be honest, power armor could be piercing proof against Kalashnikov or Uzi machine gun, but if hit by some sort of energy weapon it should be paralysed or get a big hole depends where it has been shoot...

5. Weapons
Come on guys... after nuke disaster are you really think you will find weapon in every house you run into??? Most of EX habitant places was scorched by high temperature or under heavy radiation... Are US people's granfather or uncle who leaves in village house really have shoot-gun somewhere under the bed like in every Hollywood movie??? In my country Croatia if you poses weapon you could only have hunting gun or something with licence... forget about military weapon... of course some people have it somewhere as secret stash they keep it after war in 1990-1997, but I do not have or know anyone who has it... Maybe you can find buried in the ground a mine in some rural areas and if you found one it means you are fucked up, because you entered into minefield... :D

Point is... no easy fire weapon acquiring!!! And yes, tell me please if you know someone with energy weapon or power armor... Got my point?

6. Losing stuff and pillage
Mostly if you are dead your stuff stays at the site and stays there unless some other real person don't pick them up... items can't vanish just because we simulate some NPC took it... sorry NO!!!! What do you think how many people could survive after atomic war holocaust??? I assume as much as players register and start playing this great game... NPCs should be animals or mutated plants generally only... so if your stuff miss it, you can find motherfucker who took it... right? Right???

7. Economy, food and drink
Life in the waste is harsh, so you need to eat and drink (as frequently as depending from your metabolism)... endurance here becomes important... right (till now always selected as optional choice)... now become key surviving one...
So, community needs to grow corn, or feed cattle or have good skilled hunters to kill mole rat... Fortunately you get much more meat than it was usual practice... One mole rat should feed whole tribe for let's say a week... Can you smell teamwork here??? I do... If you want to survive we can't all be EGO trip mighty warriors in shiny armor, aren't we??? You want to be warrior you must prove your self in village ring first... Does this have you sense???

8. Mines
Yes... you want metal to make a weapon or tool? Of course you need iron, bronze and coal... well this is main reason why tribes makes war... but since there is no easy metal extraction then those conflicts are basically lead by trowing stones or spears and stuff like that... Yeah you can probably find pre-war kitchen knife or ever all set since it was made by stainless steel... It could cut wire easy as butter... at least sails-man at pre war TV sad it could do it... :lol

9. PREMIUM accounts NO!!!!
But how developers can earn money??? You can sell additional village NPC guard or you can sell some cool axe or power armor let say... Developers could be EX US army alien tech research headquater... but you need to learn how to use HIGH tech... right??? So, it is very important you have 1 bullion luck to find blueprints which desert wind stick it just right into your nose... You need genius intelligence to figured out what blue prints says and you have of course great chance to destroy power armor when you do your little research how to use it... Don't worry... of course you gain POWER ARMOR PERK XP for the next time you try it... (that's why it is entire community project like Brotherhood of Steel) Almost forgot about precious stimpacks :) If you can't find it today then don't hope to find it in the game too unless you meditate and call great DEVELOPER spirit to send you some for your US dollar mantra on your RL account :D

10. MY soul is now at ease
This is the game I am dreaming about... I know, I know... huge job!!! But doable...

Love you all,

Eman

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2013, 03:59:49 pm »

I die... my stuff gone!!!
Goodbye!!!!

Noobs never change  ;)
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2013, 04:02:12 pm »

That's very nice what you all have writing, may be copy that in suggestions.

But, no GM will care about that.

The problem of this server is that all players are cyring for aplly modifications in the game, because gm's doesn't care about suggestions.

3D in fonline, we are waiting about that for 3 years, forget it.

Remove the skill points and leveling system, forget it it's fonline, not call of duty.

If you have never play Fallout 1 and 2, 10-15 times like the most of people here, you will probably dont love it.

You are coming in a bad moment, all players leave the server for some weeks ago, because there is a new server, called TLA MK2.

To end, if you don't have a real team in the game, and play alone you, will probably ragequit very fast.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 04:14:55 pm by -Max Payne- »

Knife_cz

• Ah yes 'Reapers'. Get out of here stalker.
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2013, 04:05:14 pm »

Bro, you just went full retard.
Never go full retard.

Tomowolf

• Cute Kittens and stuff.
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2013, 04:07:28 pm »

You've missed the point of RPG (character development in role-playing style, not FPS one).
Won't write more shit because that what did you write has less or no sense for Multiplayer Fallout, and have no use, or would be abused hard
And that realistic shit... we do not want another shooter simulator from 2d.
h
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2013, 04:20:29 pm »

The fuck i just read? who said this game have something about real life or realistic shit?...it is good as it is...
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2013, 05:26:38 pm »

"refuse to invest another penny in this nonsense..."

haha you donated before playing?

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2013, 05:41:59 pm »

i have seen this Energyboy in NCR 2 days ago, so iam afraid hes not even troll, he might be rly serious :/. Iam rly rly confused, not sure if i should cry, argue or laugh. None of these seems proper. :(

Energyman

• We are all made from energy!!!
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2013, 06:20:25 pm »

Thanks to people who have sympathy with me about this issue... I realize how all of you understand what am I talking about, no matter you insult me or disagree... Obvious, point is how people do not believe how depending community can be done in game... I am grown up person and can't be satisfied any more with child playing game... bum bum, bang, bang... or 2D platform with legend of nostalgia...

Maybe we will survive and testify real life Fallout, after crazy North Korean government use their nukes on USA and USA then takes China responsible and turn back and China return a favor to American and European allies... Who knowssss???

I am wondering about probability of interesting targets in that scenario... Would be only major cities targets or it will be included minor towns as well???

Well this information is important to estimate how much guns will survive for usage after holocaust... :D Also how many casualties will be taken by nuclear winter, radiation, starvation etc.??? Don't forget the fact even if you have super cool weapon in your hand, will you really pull the trigger to some poor creature or man just because??? If you do, you are psychopath for sure, go to a doctor... :)

Maybe we will get Fallout RealLife instead Online soon enough to already taste implementation of perception, sound, smell, taste and feel of environment... Who knows will the mutations will be preferable to get special abilities or just will made from creatures even worst abomination we can ever imagine...

Some of you call me newb... Are you really think how experienced one could prevail newbs in any field of life or it's just luck what is matters for survival??? Maybe after all I have wrote on this forum and prove my experience, you sill think how newb is someone who make yesterday registration at the forum... or you just can't accept the fact how this Fallout 2 game develop strategy is obsolete... sorry... no money here... this gold mine is long gone... depleted... finished... If you want do something you need heart not money... money will come automatically... and if you do this just to keep your nostalgia alive, then you are equal as 40 years crying woman left before 20 years ago by the men in front of the altar... :lol

Ultimate true is how I am seeking true deep spirit in creation of the game World... Anyhow... obviously this community is not for me... so, on my way this time for good... :)

Farewell,

Eman

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2013, 06:24:47 pm »

wtf did i just read?
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2013, 06:58:57 pm »

I think, this guy is totally crazy.
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2013, 07:20:58 pm »

I think, this guy is totally crazy.
he'll fit in great with the idiots who still play this crap

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2013, 07:30:34 pm »

he'll fit in great with the idiots who still play this crap

What do you mean?
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2013, 07:36:01 pm »

What do you mean?
wall of text, stupid complaints, terrible ideas.. he's like vederas, t888 and that guy whos constantly ragequitting all rolled into one

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2013, 07:39:14 pm »

wall of text, stupid complaints, terrible ideas.. he's like vederas, t888 and that guy whos constantly ragequitting all rolled into one

Yes, as you say...
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 07:44:57 pm by -Max Payne- »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 21 queries.