"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:36:00 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: How much is 100k worth in real currency?  (Read 5893 times)

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
How much is 100k worth in real currency?
« on: April 05, 2013, 01:48:03 pm »

Let's say FOnline leaves beta in 2238 and similarily to WoW, people are interested in spending real money for in-game caps. How much would you say the caps would be worth?
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground
Re: How much is 100k worth in real currency?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 02:06:08 pm »

10 bitcoins
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 02:19:29 pm »

0 , because real money destroy all "free" games  ;D

avv

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 02:29:43 pm »

0 , because real money destroy all "free" games  ;D

Actually it wouldn't be a big deal if you could buy the same weapons you can farm with money. But if you could buy for better builds it'd be shit.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 02:38:19 pm »

Depends how much caps can one gather in 60 minutes.

1 hours of work in USA for a minimal pay is about 6$. Since the online world is mainly focused on american way of live, the minimal pay means that 6$ = amount of caps that can earned in 1 hours of grinding. I think its save to assume that one can gather about 3k(Amount taken totally from the air though).

So if players can earn 3000 caps in hour then 3000=6$ so 100k is worth about 200$.
This is pure theory, most likely even really silly one, but so does the question. Also since i`ve taken information from old polish article its probably likes miles ahead from true evaluation

(source: http://www.mowimyjak.pl/praca-i-kariera/praca-i-kariera/ile-zarabiaja-amerykanie-najlepiej-i-najgorzej-patne-prace-w-usa,110_41982.html)

Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 02:57:38 pm »

Depends how much caps can one gather in 60 minutes.

1 hours of work in USA for a minimal pay is about 6$. Since the online world is mainly focused on american way of live, the minimal pay means that 6$ = amount of caps that can earned in 1 hours of grinding. I think its save to assume that one can gather about 3k(Amount taken totally from the air though).

So if players can earn 3000 caps in hour then 3000=6$ so 100k is worth about 200$.
This is pure theory, most likely even really silly one, but so does the question. Also since i`ve taken information from old polish article its probably likes miles ahead from true evaluation

(source: http://www.mowimyjak.pl/praca-i-kariera/praca-i-kariera/ile-zarabiaja-amerykanie-najlepiej-i-najgorzej-patne-prace-w-usa,110_41982.html)
I was going to click the "vote best answer" button but I forgot this wasn't yahoo.

falloutdude

• just some canadian guy
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 03:35:32 pm »

The fact is this game wipes so the in game money would be worth less because of that fact. No one wants to pay real money for fake money that can disappear at anytime.
Roaming the waste again.

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 05:22:56 pm »

The fact is this game wipes so the in game money would be worth less because of that fact. No one wants to pay real money for fake money that can disappear at anytime.

actualy real money are fake aswell. Just depends on liquidity or will of somebody to buy/sell such. Its more about psychology than morality.
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 06:31:55 pm »

I would definitely be a credit card noob for the sake of never grinding or creating dozens of alts ever again.

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 07:13:16 pm »

As long as there's someone willing to pay in real money for the caps, wipes would increase caps value. Compare caps value a year into the session and right after wipe when the rat race starts and no one has anything.
Favorite forum posters:
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 07:18:31 pm »

People who pay real money to advance in a free game are the lowest form of retard. Just send me your money and watch the numbers go up on a calculator and you will get the same effect.

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 07:43:26 pm »

People who pay real money to advance in a free game are the lowest form of retard. Just send me your money and watch the numbers go up on a calculator and you will get the same effect.
People who pay real money to have fun are retarded to you? I guess than spending money on grog should also be retarded.
Favorite forum posters:
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 08:27:19 pm »

I think it would depend on a vanity purchase, or some kind of rush buy (to avoid grinding, as stated before)

I could see somebody paying $5 to get 10k for base building, if there wasn't the issue of having to then grind for the materials.

Same goes for ew builds, say thieves are nerfed and there's no easy access to mfc. Somebody might pay $5 for 5,000 mfc and 10 laser rifles BUT on top of that you need a character leveled to 18+ to be effective. The fact that's there's so much 'combo' grinding required in this game makes it a hard sell. It wouldn't just be a $5-15 purchase, but a $500 purchase to get all the alts and resources required.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 08:29:05 pm by Giftless »
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 08:54:52 pm »

There has never been a pay to win game that wasn't shit.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 09:09:05 pm »

There has never been a pay to win game that wasn't shit.
Nuff said
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 22 queries.