"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 01:31:55 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Getting sound effects to work...  (Read 4237 times)

Re: Getting sound effects to work...
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 11:52:27 pm »

that was a GM playing the sound for you :)

Gruik

• GROAR!
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 03:04:08 am »

I talked to her 4 times in like an hour (3fails 1win), always with music, and I doubt that someone manually started music for me evertime ^^
But I don't know more about how it works, I'm not sayin' "YOU LIAR DAT IZ IMpOSSIBLE!!§§" ^^"
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 11:24:30 pm »

I'm using, Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3.

When I do hear music it's at the loading screen where I type my character name/password and when the GM's play random tracks other than that it's totally silent.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 11:30:36 pm »

I'm using, Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3.

When I do hear music it's at the loading screen where I type my character name/password and when the GM's play random tracks other than that it's totally silent.

You hear music when it's played by a GM but hear no soundeffects? That's new then. :/ I am using Service Pack 3 too.

As for the music you can hear when taking to Tamira to obtain the Ranger perk - it's an .ogg file that is sitting in the client files directly - those seem to work for everyone for some strange reason. It's the .acm files which aren't loaded properly.

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 05:28:30 am »

is the game music a priority for the devs to fix?

i dont know about the rest of you guys, but it is kind of a big downer to be forced to play with no music, or with youtube looping the fallout music ad nauseum in the background.

anyway for those of you who want the FO1+2 playlist front-to-back, heres the youtube link i use, maybe this will help enhance your gameplay a little like it did for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtBgcnV8Ztw&feature=autoplay&list=PL0360E24BD0231966&lf=results_main&playnext=24
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 05:51:27 am »

You hear music when it's played by a GM but hear no soundeffects? That's new then. :/ I am using Service Pack 3 too.

As for the music you can hear when taking to Tamira to obtain the Ranger perk - it's an .ogg file that is sitting in the client files directly - those seem to work for everyone for some strange reason. It's the .acm files which aren't loaded properly.

I also found out something new today. Another player drank some Nuka Cola and I heard the sound effect of the drink gulping. So that particular sound effect works for some reason.
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 03:04:31 am »

I just installed the client to a computer that had just been rebooted so it had nothing on it. I followed every step as I did to install it on the comp without sound effects. The fresher computer has working sound effects.

I uninstalled everything on this even the original game reinstalled everything including FOnline same steps as before. Still no sound lol.

I'm going to look through both comps to see if there is any difference in where files are located and if anything has been added or is missing.
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 07:41:58 am »

I am playing FOnline on FOnlineGL and I get music now. Still no sound effects.
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 07:55:43 am »

Yeah, I'm running windows 7 64(b) and I have sound effects but no music, even tried re-installing, and moving the music from the original Fallout 2 directory, into the FOnline sound\music\ directory, but still nothing.

in Requiem, there is enclave, player driven faction. They have to gather, craft.. like everybody else, but they have special base and rank before their names. Their roleplay is based on kill everyone.
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 06:56:22 am »

Just installed the client to my friends computer and he uses Vista. His files are everywhere and it's a real pain. Some how I got the game to work. He has music and sound effects. FFFfffffffff.

Still don't know why I don't have sound effects, it's killing me!!!!
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2012, 11:56:42 am »

Anyone ever find a solution to this problem? Please let me know.

jarzeb1

• Be Safe!
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 03:37:20 pm »

Anyone ever find a solution to this problem? Please let me know.

+1 please pm me if u know how to fix it
Find me on irc for fast trade.

Join the Unity

• Charisma 1:Who gives a fuck?I hate you anyway.
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2013, 10:49:47 am »

Im running FOnline with Win xp SP 3 and only have music on the world map and towns, but no sound effects for shooting and reload,etc.If someone knows a solution please PM.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 22 queries.