"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 04:12:49 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Three things (and counting):  (Read 19269 times)

the underground

• very grumpy bear
Re: Three things (and counting):
« Reply #120 on: May 15, 2013, 09:40:36 pm »

Clear identification: A few days ago I got jumped by Raiders and Raiders (and dogs, IIRC) down in the boneyard. I see a guy in leather jacket, so he must be a Raider- So I shoot him. Except, OOPS, he's a Follower of the Apocylpse. Damnit....... If I could have identified FOTA from Raiders from other leather jacketed fighters, this wouldn't have happened....... There's got to be a way to identify bad guys from good guys, preferably by general faction.........

Rocks on Graves: For partiuculalry honored deceadants, putting a pile of rocks on top of the grave that graverobbers would have to smash through (with a hammer, I suppose) before they could dig up the grave.

Children: Perhaps a way to adopt a child slave (they're now your child, forever, NOT your slave, even though they act like a slave, becasue there's no other real way to handle them)...... This would be AWESOME for anti-slavers like me to free child slaves, without the expecation that they'd die out on the wastes by themselves.......
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #121 on: May 15, 2013, 09:43:46 pm »

Clear identification: A few days ago I got jumped by Raiders and Raiders (and dogs, IIRC) down in the boneyard. I see a guy in leather jacket, so he must be a Raider- So I shoot him. Except, OOPS, he's a Follower of the Apocylpse. Damnit....... If I could have identified FOTA from Raiders from other leather jacketed fighters, this wouldn't have happened....... There's got to be a way to identify bad guys from good guys, preferably by general faction.........

Hint:click on them.
Magic ain't it.

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #122 on: May 15, 2013, 10:20:18 pm »

Nice one, the mobs who is neutral to you (like FoA) should appear with blue contours. It suck to mix in a brawl and hit the wrong guy, whom you actually wanted to help.

Rocks on Graves: For partiuculalry honored deceadants, putting a pile of rocks on top of the grave that graverobbers would have to smash through (with a hammer, I suppose) before they could dig up the grave.

Pointless, at least to me.

Children: Perhaps a way to adopt a child slave (they're now your child, forever, NOT your slave, even though they act like a slave, becasue there's no other real way to handle them)...... This would be AWESOME for anti-slavers like me to free child slaves, without the expecation that they'd die out on the wastes by themselves.......

Seems you to be a nice person, but i doubt it will get implemented, since you'll have to tend to the kids... Unless you deliver them in a orphanage for good karma. Or accept a quest from them dialogue to deliver them to their families.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #123 on: May 15, 2013, 10:54:54 pm »

Magic ain't it.
Nice one, the mobs who is neutral to you (like FoA) should appear with blue contours. It suck to mix in a brawl and hit the wrong guy, whom you actually wanted to help.
Just sayin'.
Pointless, at least to me.
This is more for those places (like Redding) where if you're digging up a grave the locals SHOULD get upset, therefore you have to eitehr spend more time doing it OR be quicker about it.....
But ya. Ok, kinda pointless....... :-[
Seems you to be a nice person, but i doubt it will get implemented, since you'll have to tend to the kids... Unless you deliver them in a orphanage for good karma. Or accept a quest from them dialogue to deliver them to their families.
HEY THAT'S BRILLIANT TOO!!!!!!
Uh, but I wanted a selfish thing. I just WANT kids, that's all.......

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #124 on: May 15, 2013, 10:56:58 pm »

Uh, btw Mike, I was jumped by "Raider and Radiers and Dogs." I therefore assumed that there were NO FOTA there, since it specifically identified BOTH human (?) factions as "Radiers."

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2013, 12:06:37 am »

Uh, btw Mike, I was jumped by "Raider and Radiers and Dogs." I therefore assumed that there were NO FOTA there, since it specifically identified BOTH human (?) factions as "Radiers."

Hmm,a bug?

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #126 on: May 16, 2013, 01:18:42 am »

Hmm,a bug?
Stuff like that has happened before, so it must be widespread.

Admittedly, it's ussually gg's not being announced, so it's ussually a pleasant suprise........
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 06:53:17 am by the underground »

« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2013, 07:13:16 pm »

Magic ain't it.
Not as magic in RT combat, when all the npcs are running around.
There's the solution. +1
I was jumped by "Raider and Radiers and Dogs." I therefore assumed that there were NO FOTA there, since it specifically identified BOTH human (?) factions as "Radiers."
Weird. Never happened to me so far.. Long shot, but maybe some bug in your client?

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2013, 10:53:53 pm »

Weird. Never happened to me so far.. Long shot, but maybe some bug in your client?
Like I said, it's "ussually" gg's not being mentioned, like "do you wish to enco geckos and radscorps?" (or gecks and brahmin or whatev) and suddenly it's gecks AND golden gecks and HAPPY DAY FOR ME! cause Iwas out hunting ggd anyways.......

Make hunting rifle, .223 pistol, assault rifle, and minigun the exact same caliber, because irl they're all just variations on the 5.56×45mm cartidge.
Links to follow (phone people!), but the PLR-16, Ar-15, and M-16 all fire the 5.56mm. The .223 is just a lighter version of the 5.56, which is itsrlf just a .22 with serious 'roid rage.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 11:14:17 pm by the underground »

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2013, 11:15:51 pm »

Oh to clarify; make it simple on everyone, and just use the already existing 5mm round.

Alvarez

« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2013, 08:22:47 am »

Why not rechamber guns and use different ammo, then? I guess that will spice up tactical options.
Should be possible to bore up the barrel with a lathe.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2013, 09:07:33 am »

Why not rechamber guns and use different ammo, then? I guess that will spice up tactical options.
Should be possible to bore up the barrel with a lathe.
Please, please don't get me started about it... lets just do the easy route, and not make the devs crazy.....

Alvarez

« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2013, 09:44:06 pm »

But devs lack a bit craziness.
An i do not mean "working free of charge on a project they get insulted for" - crazy.
I mean in creative way. Haven't seen suggestions from devs in a while.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2013, 11:14:00 pm »

I mean a diffrent type of crazy........

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #134 on: May 23, 2013, 08:52:19 pm »

No out of bounds by npcs; NPC's are restricted to areas the PC can access, meaning a full half-hex away from the exit grid. It does me no damned good to hunt Golden Geckos, only to have one idiot slave decided to go hide in the exiit grid where I can't reach them, and then kill the GG's. It might actually BE worth it to kill the slave, just to get the GG to turn out from the exit grid......
Except it's not. If NPC's reach the last hexes before they're in (or half-in) the exit grid, they have to turn back.

I have a screenshot (screen_2013.04.22_19-21-20.jpg), but can't upload it here.......

Based on THIS DISCUSSION, place special enco and/or other restricted items in merchsnts. By this I mean the REALLY restricted items; 2mm EC, Power Armor (yes, I went there), etc. Things that are anti-common, can not be crafted, and do exist. It would encourage players to rush the merchants looking for "this week's (or days, or whatever) big effing deal" and can be completely randomized.

Longhouse:  A longhouse is a type of long narrow building built from timber and often animal skins. While primarily intended for human habitation, some where also used for animals. Essentially, a "longhouse" is a very long, permenant TENT with a door.
To build a longhouse, determine what you want the total area to be; While the width is equal to a standard tent, the length is determined by the owners desires, BUT be warned; Once up, it can not come down.

Materials required:
Brahmin Hides: 4x+12
Rope: x+1
Sharpened Poles: 10x+6

Where X equals the number of tents equivalent.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 17 queries.