"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 28, 2024, 11:35:39 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Car wreck encounter.  (Read 4182 times)

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
Re: Car wreck encounter.
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2013, 01:10:05 pm »

And why not, add a little garage in the bases, where you can really create cars, but with much stuff and much repair skill!

Create - maybe not, but repair. And perhaps a car spawn point inside the base for members. Just an idea :)

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2013, 04:24:34 pm »

i might suggest the high deterioration rate, since this is a driving rust bucket.
Why high deterioration rate? You fixed it so why it still breaks down? I realise it's a pile of junk but doesn't it make sense for deterioration rate to get lower after the car has been repaired? I mean, come on... Especially repaired by someone with high repair skill, if an amateur repairs it - no wonder it breaks down quickly but if it's done by a pro it stays on a road longer. Deterioration rate shouldn't be a flat value.

High deterioration rate only contributes alting, got a char with no repair? Gotta have a repair alt... it's not like with FA - you can't go into NCR and get patched up, although I wish repairing worked that way - expand the parking lot in NCR, make cars there unstealable and cancel the tool requirement for repairing - the tool should only help, not be mandatory.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground

Alvarez

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 06:49:24 pm »

Any vehicle requires maintenance, especially one like this. This dont even needed to be with high repair skill, but as the deteroriation progresses, it needs a higher skillcheck.
This, you might need to repair it more often. And gain XP.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2013, 02:01:07 am »

Well, in my opinion we lack something like a low tier car. Either you use outdoorsman and you are slow as snail or you finally buy a car and instantly turn into a rocket. So I think there should be low tier car(s), (easy to obtain) with speed just a little better than a taxi alt and minimum price of the "high tier" cars should be bumped up, because once most people have them, the dynamic price goes very low because they are rarely lost.

This wreck looks almost like something you could drive.
That's where I was going with thr trike.
Perhaps if you have a motorcycle and a brahmin cart you could build your own somehow?
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 02:34:19 am »

I think we all agree there is a depth to be explored here. I agree with the option of finding a car and reparing it. I mean come on there is thousands of cars in the waste land, and we have individuals who can create laser pistols from iron ore but no one who can ressurect a automobile? Where is the logic in that? You should have the option of harvesting random junk from found wrecks and the ability to apply found parts to a wreck to bring it to use.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2013, 09:55:50 pm »

When using a brahmin on a car wreck, you are able to drive it very slowly to your tent.
Putting 100 Metal Parts, 15 HQ Electronic Parts in it like fruits in a still, apply 200 Repair on it with a Super Tool Set in active slot will give you this unique vehicle.
This way you didn't spend caps on it, only your own effort.

Bump for interest, devs opinion and mercy on my mechanic' soul from GMs thinking this was some kind of bug from previous session. :)
At one point I suggested a "flagpole" that allowed you to make a temporary site semi-permenant.... What are the chances of actually happening to have a brahmin when you find this thing? Not really good, right? So a flagpole would allow you to come back with your brahmin (or maybe slaves, ala "A boy and his dog") with some ropes and drag the thing off.
Of course, the flagpole might attatct unwanted attention as well, including other players, npc's, etc, so you'd want to move FAST and come back humping some real firepower AND armor, just in case....
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!

Alvarez

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 12:08:32 am »

Bump for interest.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 18 queries.