"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 12:06:43 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Quickpicker.  (Read 8323 times)

avv

Re: The Quickpicker.
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2013, 09:04:11 pm »

This prolly needs some on/off function because sometimes its really helpful and sometimes just a mess.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

Dark.

• I heard he came from the North.
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 04:21:17 pm »

This prolly needs some on/off function because sometimes its really helpful and sometimes just a mess.
+1. Add this function and it will be great.

avv

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 06:16:58 pm »

It's missing icons for helmets and rockets at least. Both are items that are easily covered by armor.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

dskpnk

• The Amboy Dukes
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 09:14:39 am »

Yeah please add this on/off feature, cause this addon is cool during pvp but totaly mess in bases !
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2013, 05:21:38 am »

This is really nice thing.

I'm afraid, that until devs change things on the server side, items that share graphics like rock, flint, alloys, minerals, iron ore will look the same. It's because they all link to same filename. But this has been proposed few times, without any response.

As for on/off function... i doubt it is possible in-game, although maybe there is a way. Nevertheless it is possible to write simple bash script, that would install/uninstall the mod data. Alternatively, you can use JoneSoft Generic Mod Enabler to install/uninstall mods in any game, that is modable by changing files.

Or you can use custom DataFilesMod.cfg that is included in DataFiles.cfg as i do for switching mods:
Code: [Select]
### GRAPHIC MODS ###
######################################################
#data\graphic-mods\FootLockerAlert.zip
#data\graphic-mods\Junk Detector 2000.zip                       #BEEP BEEP
#data\graphic-mods\Junk Detector 2002.zip                       #Umbrella Triangles
#data\graphic-mods\OESVehicles_v1.zip                           #Nahrada za auta.
then just uncomment/comment the on you want on/off.

Ras

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 03:36:33 pm »

...I'm afraid, that until devs change things on the server side, items that share graphics like rock, flint, alloys, minerals, iron ore will look the same. It's because they all link to same filename. But this has been proposed few times, without any response...

Btw... This is maximally 30 minutes of work the change of file name all basic items in server.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 03:38:55 pm by Ras »
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2013, 07:31:25 pm »

Btw... This is maximally 30 minutes of work the change of file name all basic items in server.
Exactly. And if you use script, it would be even less. No need to bother with actual graphic files, community will be happy to do that part. It would have been done long time ago, if it was possible on the client side.

And if devs set up a testing server with this new item naming, it would be done in notime.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 18 queries.