Author Topic: The Tangut Prophecy - new game based on FOnline engine  (Read 25029 times)

The Tangut Prophecy - new game based on FOnline engine
« on: March 18, 2013, 02:25:53 pm »
The Tangut Prophecy is a Chinese historical RPG based on the FOnline Engine. The story of the game begins in 1167, 12th Century medieval China. The game world consists most of modern day China, and extends to Siberia, Mongolia, Manchuria, and parts of Central Asia(Kazakhstan).

The purpose of this game, is to improve upon the foundation of the classic RPG games in the likes of Fallout 1/2, Planescape Torment, Arcanum, and Baldur's Gate, and to focus on RPG mechanics: Choice and consequences, player decisions, character creation and progression, and detailed NPCs.

There are 4 distinct races, with advantages and disadvantages, that can drastically change the way the player progresses and the landscape of the game. They are:
1.) Hans- Ancestors of modern Han Chinese. Civilised and well spoken, intelligent and wise, their empire is a testament. They are the most technologically and scientifically gifted of all in the world of Tianxia.
2.) Tanguts- Clamped in the center between the Song and Jin Empire, the Tangut Kingdom is noted for their resiliency. These nomadic priests combine the raw courage of Mongols and the wisdom of Hans, forging a prosperous world for their small kingdom.
3.) Jurchens- The Jurchens are exceptional archers and warriors. At the sight of the seemingly indestructible Jurchen Iron Cavalry, every living creature on the battlefield, including the most experienced grizzled generals, would tremble in terror. The Jurchens were on the verge of conquering all of China, until a violent Khitan uprising ignited. Struggling to recover, the Jurchens are slowly and steadily returning to power.
4.) Mongols- The Mongols are truly natural born soldiers. Barbarians. Uncivilised. Evil. These are the words that are used by neighboring states to describe the Mongols. All empires fear the day hordes and hordes of Mongol warriors swarming their cities, murdering every innocent citizen, raping every woman, burning down every building, leaving a path of mayhem and destruction. Disrupting the unity appears to be the only way for a kingdom to escape this fate.

moddb link http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-tangut-prophecy
rpg codex topic http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-tangut-prophecy-fonline-rpg-historical-fiction-12th-century-china.80544/

This game looks fantastic and uses FOnline engine!!! Wow i can not believe that it possible to do something beautiful like this!

More screenshots and informations on rpg codex and moddb :)

Offline Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Re: The Tangut Prophecy - new game based on FOnline engine
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 11:45:45 pm »
Looks damn amazing.  I wonder what the storyline will be about.  I would guess it's going to be cliche but whatever, I welcome the day this is released.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 06:14:56 am »
I like that last screenshot.
Keep your head down, your eyes open and your mouth shut.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 08:42:44 am »
Yes it looks amazing. Good if I found this game via rpg codex. I can't believe that this is on FOnline engine  :D

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 08:00:28 pm »
Hello guys. This is the developer of the game. I was going to post some info about the game in this forum but hey looky here, somebody did the honor for me. Anyway, if you guys have any questions, ask them here and I'll see if I can answer them.

Looks damn amazing.  I wonder what the storyline will be about.  I would guess it's going to be cliche but whatever, I welcome the day this is released.
One of the biggest motivation behind the game is to move against the cliche of Chinese games, in many aspects including storytelling. It depends on what your definition of cliche is. If by cliche storyline, you mean killing big evil guy and saving the world and your damsel in distress, then the answer is a resounding no.

I'll post some more concrete info about the storyline as we get closer to the testing phase/completion.

Working on The Tangut Prophecy

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 08:42:22 pm »
Nice to see you there! I hope you make great game.

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 09:10:48 pm »
Impressive. If I get it correctly, it'll be single-player, though - right?

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 10:18:00 pm »
Impressive. If I get it correctly, it'll be single-player, though - right?
Yes, single player only.

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 08:36:06 pm »
Hello everybody. Here's some screenshots of the ingame hud and menus. Literally everything on those screenshots is WIP, keep in mind.

Watch out for more media and info in the future.

Offline JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 08:56:27 pm »
It looks very nice, I hope you will finish it :)

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 10:15:55 am »
Yes very nice. I can't believe that it is fonline engine :P

Offline xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 10:21:18 am »
i want to play it badly.

Looks like good old school rpg, like Baldurs Gate or something.
Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.

Offline Lexx

• Rotator
  • Mexican Apple Thief
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 11:00:07 am »
Even if wip, it looks great.

Is the water animated or a flat image?

Offline Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 11:50:15 am »
Even if wip, it looks great.

Is the water animated or a flat image?

I've asked on moddb already, it's animated. Really looking forward for more! :)

Offline Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 02:46:30 pm »
Looks pretty damn good. Didn't know the FO engine could do stuff like this.Really makes a man think.

Also I think you misspelled armor.