Author Topic: FOnline project: New Asylum  (Read 7395 times)

FOnline project: New Asylum
« on: January 05, 2014, 06:00:14 pm »
SERVER IS ONLINE
Helloes everyone!
I am pleased to publish a new Fallout Online server.
Server is based on the FOnline 2238 SDK with some changes.

Server is much like the old 2238. Major part of the game is still about Faction activities (town control, pvp and such..!)
Altough there will be more support for PvE characters also and your main character can be your favourite crafter!

There will be changes for battle mechanics. Small guns' role will increase that you don't see only Avenger Miniguns bursting in Town Controls.

Preconfigured Client
Server IP: fonewasylum.ddns.net
Port: 2238

Be cautious though: There might be LOT of server wipes and restarts at the beginning. And also uptime will NOT be 24/7, more like 24/5 (weekends are dedicated for developing the server)
Please ask if there is something you wish to know!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 02:58:54 pm by Nykaen »

Re: FOnline project: New Asylum
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 07:31:38 pm »
I have question what changes you did in relation to 2238. Other new places/features?

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 07:43:16 pm »
I have question what changes you did in relation to 2238. Other new places/features?
No major changes are applied in to server yet (only fixed some things that I saw necessary to do before publishing[For example Slaverun 150reputation bug]). But yes, there will be changes:
-More balanced weapon system that there are not only three guns you will see in PvP.
-More quests for new players(no more carry boxes and shoveling shit for hours).
-Economy: As I heard in some servers there are possibility to create your own NPC shop of some kind, I need to do more research for this.
-Atleast one or two more arenas to Hinkley.
-More bases maybe, if there is time for this.

The process will be slow because there is only one developer(hopefully I'd get few guys help me in some things.)

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 08:30:55 pm »
It seems to me that your server won't be different compared with for example FOnline: Reloaded. How much do you want to do?

Offline kompreSor

• FOnline 3
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 04:51:05 am »
-Atleast one or two more arenas to Hinkley.
nice, i like it.

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 07:56:36 pm »
Server is open again!! After a long break I decided to open the project once more!
We need a lot testers and maybe one or two mappers still.

JOIN NOW!
Download the client from the first post!