Author Topic: FOnline TLA mk2 - now in English!  (Read 178322 times)

Offline BenKain

• Independent Developer
Re: FOnline TLA mk2 - now in English!
« Reply #600 on: May 05, 2013, 10:20:40 am »
few questions:

Where the hell do I pay the hubologists?  I try to go to replication centers but get thrown back to world map.

Assuming that question is not answered, where do I buy transmitters?

Fastest way to level?  Getting fucked by every encounter that doesn't have two groups fighting each other instead of me or animals isn't cool, especially if they have a long range weapon like in 2238, assault rifles hunting rifles rocket launchers.  (it's like 35 second combat timer and yes getting hit forces you to walk so it's a real bitch trying to escape).

Secondly, I need wanna play with some other people, but it's kinda hard to make good friends with russians, and vice versa.  Though at least half of the russians I've met at least speak slightly broken english, thank god, but they don't seem at all interested in teaming up with english speaking players.

p.s.  to anyone who hasn't played this yet, be prepared to die.  alot.  More than 2238.

1. Every town has a replication station
2. Gecko is the easiest, but the seem to spawn randomly all over
3. Quests. PvE Grinding is a useless waste of time for xp, unless it is in a sealed enc
4. Come join #TIC on the IRC, that is my faction, we are at about 20 players and most of us speak english well, we are doing group quests, and are happy to help anyone, new or old.

« Reply #601 on: May 05, 2013, 01:59:01 pm »
And about this random NPC killing: You must read what NPC say. Sometimes you need hide your weapon, also dont forget to brb on doors entrance , near bars with 1 hex block etc. NPC havent killed me since long time, ok sorry i died yesterday, some sneaker put dynamite into my inventory, and guards attacked me. Overall, You must be very careful in towns, especially wearing good stuff
I have my own question: How to make 21 reputation in NCR? I am trying doing quests, but did a mistake and cant finish some quests. Is there some repeatable quest doing + reputation in NCR? :P
« Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 02:24:46 pm by Evil Genius »

Offline BenKain

• Independent Developer
« Reply #602 on: May 05, 2013, 09:48:50 pm »
And about this random NPC killing: You must read what NPC say. Sometimes you need hide your weapon, also dont forget to brb on doors entrance , near bars with 1 hex block etc. NPC havent killed me since long time, ok sorry i died yesterday, some sneaker put dynamite into my inventory, and guards attacked me. Overall, You must be very careful in towns, especially wearing good stuff
I have my own question: How to make 21 reputation in NCR? I am trying doing quests, but did a mistake and cant finish some quests. Is there some repeatable quest doing + reputation in NCR? :P

Doing the Raider attack events

Offline Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #603 on: May 05, 2013, 10:23:00 pm »
I'm talking about random encounters.  They don't say shit and will just randomly attack you.  I've never died in town.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

« Reply #604 on: May 05, 2013, 10:43:35 pm »
Does anyone know whether any of the lesser hovels or spacious basements will allow you to park a car safely?

« Reply #605 on: May 06, 2013, 03:17:55 am »
I'm talking about random encounters.  They don't say shit and will just randomly attack you.  I've never died in town.
Died yesterday in BH while was trading. There was a bomber named 2ii???  (maybe tagged evasion, sneak, steal)

« Reply #606 on: May 06, 2013, 08:08:29 am »
Died yesterday in BH while was trading. There was a bomber named 2ii???  (maybe tagged evasion, sneak, steal)
That's an SoT member.
Knowledge is the key to the mind which is a mysterious doorway through a long dark hallway

« Reply #607 on: May 08, 2013, 07:54:45 am »
hey stupid question... how to get another tool ? i looked 3 times trough it... i seem not be able to fix them... runned for an hour between klamath and den to get a new one but no npc spawned any... thats all whats holding me from playing more..... great game! ... but only sledgehammer naked all the time makes no fun =) need new tool
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 07:56:54 am by goemo »

« Reply #608 on: May 08, 2013, 01:18:07 pm »
you can buy on auctions in den for 1000 $

« Reply #609 on: May 08, 2013, 02:59:32 pm »
hey stupid question... how to get another tool ? i looked 3 times trough it... i seem not be able to fix them... runned for an hour between klamath and den to get a new one but no npc spawned any... thats all whats holding me from playing more..... great game! ... but only sledgehammer naked all the time makes no fun =) need new tool

If you lose everything you should take quest from Becky in Den (take condoms from Kitty in New Reno). You will get 500$ and 2000 exp. When you have a cash buy another tools and example deposit some items in replication locker or create your own shelter by transmiter.

« Reply #610 on: May 08, 2013, 06:46:23 pm »
how to get another tool ?

Some caravans can sell you a tool.
But I don't remember if I found it on caravans on North-West of Modoc, or caravans between Modoc and Vault City.

« Reply #611 on: May 10, 2013, 02:47:01 am »
hey thanks a lot guys.... turned out to be an big adventure to get more tools and stuff but i did it .p got myself a nice hole now with a box in it ... but can you explain a bit further what to do on start ? i thought making myself a 10 mm pistol... but i cant make 10 mm ammo without advanced ressources.. can you guide me a bit what to do ? the first thing i wanted to do is making some kind of useful projectil weapon.. and of course get enough ammo for it and storage some cloths .. i cant find any fitting weapon.. how to get gecko skinning i know but in fixing i allways suck...

edit: i think iam simply to stupid for this game ^^ encounter 3 dogs got killed instantly... wow.. ok then questing i think.. iam now in modoc and got the quest to gather crops.. but dont get any info where they are or how to gather them anyone can help me ? its not that i didnĀ“t  try nowhere near modoc is a farm and all the plants inside modoc just have look action and no use action...

edit 2 : oook i was in modoc klamath vault city ... and only got 2 quests out of it ? the one harvesting the crops and guard the brahmin... so what am i doing wrong ? can somebody please tell me a little bit how to start ? i read this complete thread and didnt find info about a good start besides it maybe not good to have 3 charisma... because 1 is enough for nearly all quests so yeah what am i doing wrong ?

str : 6
pe : 6
end : 6
ch : 3
in: 8
ag : 10
luck : 1

tagged small guns lockpick and repair...

iam level 5 right now and skilled all into outdoorsman until now because harvesting and CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE

i really hope somebody can help me out a bit with information

sorry for bad writing and all iam german
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 05:08:56 am by goemo »

« Reply #612 on: May 10, 2013, 05:40:41 am »
why the hell can some players shoot u on sight at cravans but they dont get shoot from daravan ?

its fucking annoying ...

« Reply #613 on: May 10, 2013, 01:15:51 pm »
That was some change that PKing on caravans was not possible and not being kicked out after that, but seems it only works on caravans starting from arroyo, from redding and other cities its normal thing. Most of these retarded PKers are from talon company, so if you see them , run away or kill em

« Reply #614 on: May 11, 2013, 05:49:56 am »
Is FastShot obsolete in TLA? I was told that crits are more important in TLA compared to 2238. I was kind of thinking of making a base DMG sg burster, I'm just not sure if it's practical in TLA.

What does fast shot give for bonuses other than 1 less AP for shooting?