Author Topic: FOnline TLA mk2 - now in English!  (Read 178550 times)

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
Re: FOnline TLA mk2 - now in English!
« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2013, 07:02:10 pm »
So, dare to compare TLA mk2 features to 2238?

I'll start: 2238 has extensive tent maps, which are absolutely safe from intruders unless player was careless enough to let the tent raper follow you or drop a map.
TLA mk2 has a small hobo manhole to store a few items in. The items outside the manhole tend to disappear.

The levelcap on 2238 is 24, the levelcap on TLAmk2 is 30.

TLA has a lot of original weapons for every class while 2238 sticks to the the modified vanilla ones.

The crafting system on TLA is more extensive and has more crafting options as well more various ingredients.

« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2013, 07:16:06 pm »
I never heard a single viable argument to how that is better, being able to see through walls
Not going to dwell on that past the fact that it's a falout 2 mod.

Also, cap is 36, not 30

jacky.

« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2013, 07:16:17 pm »
lvl cap is 36

« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2013, 08:46:15 pm »

How is that relevant to general combat system? ;D

Principle is the same, running in combat > not running.

Not going to dwell on that past the fact that it's a falout 2 mod.

Offline Sarakin

• Zmikundik
    • Vault šílené brahmíny
« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2013, 11:28:51 pm »
What really pisses me off:
-My client doesnt flash when some event happens (and yes, I got it checked in config)
-Neccessity of having maxed out outdoorsman, without outdoorsman, its ridiculously retarded to move from one town to another
-FoV+Running
-Bounty Hunters - such a flawed feature
-Instakillers Enclave/Remnants - my encounter loads with me already dead (not that I would have chance anyway)
-Lengthy game client loading

It is sad that there are some very good features, but several horrible basic things :/.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 11:31:45 pm by Sarakin »
The sanctity of this forum has been fouled

[19:41:06] <@JovankaB> einstein said we dont need name colorizing

Offline brad smalls

• I like PK
« Reply #125 on: March 25, 2013, 11:46:27 pm »
Please remove the newbie area or make it that there is a PW that you get from finnishing it to skip it on new char.
Brad Smalls is back

Offline DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2013, 12:16:16 am »
stop whining
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2013, 12:23:06 am »
I'm okay with no fov (2238 used to be without fov for some time and I liked it somehow, though it limits combat in terms of surprise attacks and the need of scouting)

no running in combat is just weird, especially when there is a perk allowing to run in combat. pretty useless to me, you could as well just allow running in combat for all chars from lvl 1.

i'm impressed by some features and translation. a piece of good work, keep it up

« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2013, 02:15:34 am »
Please remove the newbie area or make it that there is a PW that you get from finnishing it to skip it on new char.

Newbie area is pretty good stuff, even for an experienced player, you just stack upon resources while making a new character that way making it a resourceful activity to make it to the level 5, even if it is kinda slow for some character types.

What really pisses me off:
-My client doesnt flash when some event happens (and yes, I got it checked in config)
-Neccessity of having maxed out outdoorsman, without outdoorsman, its ridiculously retarded to move from one town to another
-FoV+Running
-Bounty Hunters - such a flawed feature
-Instakillers Enclave/Remnants - my encounter loads with me already dead (not that I would have chance anyway)
-Lengthy game client loading

It is sad that there are some very good features, but several horrible basic things :/.

I will do what I do best, rant. Unhealthy amount of rant, people who don't want to read scroll down or press alt + F4.

Ye, client is bugged for many, some guy of us need to delete cache each time for some reason to open it at all, but for me it is only the slow logging in.

OD has almost no effect on the speed your traveling I noticed, but only on how well you evade encounters. Besides the speed is just ridiculously slow, I mean come on that makes utterly no sense to waste so much time to just get from point A to B and all that encourages some another client opened with car taxi which sucks anyway since the lowest OD in the group counts. The base could be increased and more dependent on skill without any question.

Bounty hunters is utterly useless feature, like what the fuck useless! What meaning can it hold?

Aggressive encounters are fine in my opinion, you just have to avoid certain areas and be aware of these groups.

By the fucking way Armor class is just such an awkward mechanic, they wrote about a combat system based on skill, less dependent on rolls and more skill ...

my ass in other words. Armor class amount is % of the ability to absorb any damage and withstand any attack, later it will be like this when players will be running around in combat armors having 20~ AC and each time you shoot him you will have 20% chance to utterly fail.

Don't want to think about evasion, annoying as hell even on NPC's when you sometimes miss half of the time on scorpions with 95% chance to hit, what will happen when players will max that shit out to 300 with all perks, more dice rolling.

So, guy with Evasion and some Armor Class. Coin-flip Online, but will see. ;D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:38:01 am by T-888 »

jacky.

« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2013, 02:30:37 am »
Repair is a bit fucked for me but still better Than in 2238. And weapons condition affect change of missing? Even with 95% i am still missing 40% of my shoots

And yes walking is retard. Maby u can try to give us chance to run...2-3weeks of trial
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 02:32:23 am by jacky. »

« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2013, 10:42:41 am »
Don't want to think about evasion, annoying as hell even on NPC's when you sometimes miss half of the time on scorpions with 95% chance to hit, what will happen when players will max that shit out to 300 with all perks, more dice rolling.

So, guy with Evasion and some Armor Class. Coin-flip Online, but will see. ;D
NPCs cannot evade attacks, we will investigate why attacks fail so often.

You cannot have high AC without good armor. And most of good armor have high volume as do weapons. E.g. armor with volume 5 and weapon with volume 5 will result in 130% penalty to evasion skill, which makes useless spending skillpoints for evasion.

« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2013, 10:46:09 am »
Repair is a bit fucked for me but still better Than in 2238. And weapons condition affect change of missing? Even with 95% i am still missing 40% of my shoots
Weapon's condition doesn't affect neither accuracy nor damage. Do you get messages that you missed? If you shoot at enemy and don't get any message in the chat, then it's a bug. Does this happen?

jacky.

« Reply #132 on: March 26, 2013, 11:06:23 am »
Hmmm i dont know, but shooting with flamer is 50% misses

Offline maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #133 on: March 26, 2013, 11:50:51 am »
how weapon ST penalty works ? coz im missing 3/5 shoots by my SG char, even if i have 95% chance to hit. thats pretty fuced up

Offline DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #134 on: March 26, 2013, 11:56:13 am »
do you have small frame, coz i heard that is gives some huge penalty
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg