Author Topic: FOnline TLA mk2 - now in English!  (Read 178391 times)

Re: FOnline TLA mk2 - now in English!
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2013, 03:13:21 pm »
I wouldnt say that. Without running TLA is far behind 2238. Even with Jovanka on board.

It's still fun, but yeah running and field of view would be major improvement.

But you can have more HP. Why is the no-running such a issue, because you can't run away?

Running gives more options on how to variate in combat, makes it more strategic, without it players are more or less fixed to their current positions which dumb down fights.

Though I'm playing and enjoying the server, much to do, some very cool features and some very dumb, like deterioration of weaponry what is just insane. I always thought that weapons need to deteriorate much faster than on 2238, but not that fast. You basically shoot 12-14 times from a burst weapon and it is broken.

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2013, 03:39:23 pm »
What does ЖБАН actually transcribe?

« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2013, 03:54:56 pm »
jug/jar

« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2013, 04:07:51 pm »
Robotic Exoskeleton Prototype Sentry Armor

Offline Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2013, 04:15:50 pm »
Thanks i guess ISn2... But transcribing is different from translating.
I was thinking it was something like Железный Боевой Автономный Набигатель. (Iron combat autonomous raider(?))

So...REPSA, then? Thanks, Sidle Jinks.
Btw, do you plan to translate your Wiki?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 04:26:54 pm by Alvarez »

« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2013, 06:23:54 pm »
Answered page 2

Translating the wiki is a lot of work and as of now it is not scheduled.

« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2013, 12:20:27 am »
How do I turn off the music and sound? Its annoying.
Mk2 configurator now allows to change sound and music volume. Run Updater.exe to update it to the latest version.

Offline Reconite

• I'm a Spore Plant, I swear to god
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2013, 05:39:09 am »
This game is above and beyond 2238. It just severely outweighs it in content and features compared to 2238's meager amounts of both.

More towns with fucking nothing to do in them means they have no purpose. TLA Mk2 has a metric shitton of quests and crap to do in towns without stupid town control getting in the way and making half of the towns uninhabitable, instead it goes back to old-ass FOnline base control which is miles better.

Even things that 2238 does "better" don't make the overall game better than TLA Mk2.
Quote from: Zogra
THIS IS NOT BETA THIS IS SPARTA

ARWH. Scummers to the end.

« Reply #113 on: March 25, 2013, 08:36:14 am »
More towns with fucking nothing to do in them means they have no purpose.
At least you can always meet players in towns and game looks alive because of this.

Offline DocAN.

• Testing FO: Reloaded
« Reply #114 on: March 25, 2013, 09:02:34 am »
At least you can always meet players in towns and game looks alive because of this.

100% agree
FOnline: Reloaded - Post apocalyptic mmorpg

« Reply #115 on: March 25, 2013, 09:28:24 am »
It's still fun, but yeah running and field of view would be major improvement.
Trust me, combat running and FOV seem as stupid to TLA players as their absence does to you. Like I said, it's a matter of habit.

Offline Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #116 on: March 25, 2013, 09:48:05 am »
World map is so slow next time I travel to another town Il commit suicide, I guess russians travel with cars or something but for me It takes 20 minutes from Den to New Reno which are fairly close.

and btw where do I exchange mine scrip for money?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 11:39:19 am by Cyber Jesus »

Offline manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #117 on: March 25, 2013, 01:14:04 pm »
Combat running + Fov and you will get all pvplayers from 2238. Seriously.

« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2013, 03:33:11 pm »
I never heard a single viable argument to how that is better, being able to see through walls and unable to run in combat. Many factors of combat just disappears in that case, fast maneuvering, flanking, the element of surprise and unconventional strategies just does not exist, combat without field of view and running is stagnant and stale, one dimensional and straight forward I might say - simplified.

On 2238, for example, numbers don't mean that much, because you can surprise your enemy, choose an appropriate strategy and beat the odds, but that is not possible if the enemy see you through walls.

I'm not talking about habit, it's not a subject about it. I can get used to that very quickly and I think it isn't a problem to most players, but once you start to compare both styles, obviously the one with most positive effects concerning combat is superior.

Offline maszrum

• Soldiers of Thunderstorm
« Reply #119 on: March 25, 2013, 05:22:36 pm »
if i have to choose between running+empty server and no-runing and full of people - i definitely go for secound
this no runing its not that bad, especialy when you can actually run with combat perk. most of the fights have place on some encouters and base maps anyway.