"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 09:44:30 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Low Level Hunting Parties  (Read 7480 times)

MrSarcastic

• War doesn't determine who's right. Only who's left
    • WWAA Shop
Low Level Hunting Parties
« on: March 12, 2013, 10:06:33 pm »

Hey Guys, here's the idea:
We get a bunch of people together and shoot at things! Sounds fun yet?
Well, if it doesn't let me tell you a little more:

For whom it is:
1. For relatively new players who seek to participate in organized hunts for either fun, loot or experience.
2. For seasoned players who seek player interaction and new quality of gaming experience (or the old, long forgotten one)
3. For anyone else who wants some fun.

How does it look like:

1. On given time (I aim for quite frequent hunts - even on weekdays) people interested will come to NCR and meet Adele Fox
2. We'll go to a safehouse located south of NCR - everyone will read maps showing locations to several other safehouses. I understand that it'll take some time since everyone will have to do it. But it'll help us in a long run.
3. Safehouses are located close to BH, VC, Reno, San Fran and other popular destinations. They are perfect places to store loot and reform a party once split up.
4. Once everyone knows location of all safehouses we decide on destination. It'll be either one of popular farming zones or some survival adventure depending on people's choice.
5. We'll all communicate by using radios and ingame chat only.
6. We kill shit and try not to be killed. And try to have fun while doing so. Roleplay is very welcome but not obligatory.
7. We share all the loot. Personally I don't care about it and I guess that most of experienced players won't bother either. That means it's a great opportunity to Noobies to get some gear.

Who's welcome:
Any player on reasonable level with own gear. Even leather jacket and BB gun will do. We just don't need a pack of unarmed bluesuits.

Who's not quite welcome:

1. High level players (i.e. 285 gatling/m60 dual burst farmers or some kick ass laser/plasma fast shoters) - It'll spoil fun for everyone else. It is not an organized farming of NCR or BoS - just some casual PvE adventure.
2. Bluesuits - For reasons described above.
3. Lvl 1 guys - Again - It'll spoil fun for everyone. We gonna depend on each other - no need to babysit assholes who can't lvl up on molerats first.
4. Trolls, PKers and other assholes.

DISCLAIMER: Of course I understand that no player driven event can be idiotproof. Assholes are among us and shit can happen. But we gonna try to have as much fun as it's possible. No guarantees or promises are made - you risk shit you bring and some mild dissappointment in case something goes wrong. But you can gain stuff, fun and new friends. Choice is yours.

We're leaving NCR on Wednesday around 19:00 forum time. Party of at least 6 is required for us to start. I provide: 10 CHA leader, network of safehouses available to all participants, radios.

To participate just come to NCR at 8 PM or tune in to.
Radio 999
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 07:33:49 pm by MrSarcastic »
Idling....

BenKain

• Independent Developer
Re: Low Level Hunting Parties
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2013, 12:13:54 am »

If your looking for people to play with, The Last Light frequently organizes hunting parties, such as this. That may be a good place to organize and find more people.

sHoW.

• Who do you think you are?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 06:42:17 am »

If you found more players count me in. I got laser or plasma sniper and tank gunner.
Im proud for my Country but shame on Salamander. If there will be NooB award he will have it.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2013, 11:57:50 am »

Count me in tonight.

MrSarcastic

• WWAA Shop
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2013, 12:56:23 pm »

If your looking for people to play with, The Last Light frequently organizes hunting parties, such as this. That may be a good place to organize and find more people.
Thank you Ben. I know and respect TLL. This initiative however is meant to be as "politically neutral" and casual as possible. If a known faction gets involved, it's enemies and allies will show up and so on. If few kind souls from TLL would like to participate - it's cool. But I don't want people to think about it as an event organized by a faction.

If you found more players count me in. I got laser or plasma sniper and tank gunner.
Hey Show. You are missing a point completely. There is no fun in vaporizing muties with Avenger or Gatling. We aim for small guns and unexperienced players who will cherish every single victory. This is not an organized farming which is supposed to be effective. It's supposed to be an adventure. Feel free to join with some SG char, even incognito if you wish and have fun :)

Count me in tonight.
Awesome. Looking forward to see you in NCR
Idling....

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2013, 01:10:34 pm »

Thank you Ben. I know and respect TLL. This initiative however is meant to be as "politically neutral" and casual as possible. If a known faction gets involved, it's enemies and allies will show up and so on. If few kind souls from TLL would like to participate - it's cool. But I don't want people to think about it as an event organized by a faction.

As explained in The Last Light's topic, TLL is not a faction but a "network of helping hands" like my signature says. It is "politically neutral" and it tries to be a known place in IRC where people like you (that is people who organize these kinds of newby-friendly events) can easily be reached.

Needless to say I like the idea of these hunting parties very much and I'll be looking forward to be in one/some of them.
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2013, 02:36:38 pm »

IMO, you should add people as friends in a tiny base network. It is easier to add people in all the places in the same time, and easier to remove someone you can't trust.
For tent, each player need to read all map. And you can't remove a jackass.

xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2013, 04:59:02 pm »

I`ll try to be there with my Level 7 burster. Cant promise anything though.
Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.

MrSarcastic

• WWAA Shop
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 05:53:44 pm »

IMO, you should add people as friends in a tiny base network. It is easier to add people in all the places in the same time, and easier to remove someone you can't trust.
For tent, each player need to read all map. And you can't remove a jackass.
1. Costs: 50k caps and 250 brahmin hides seems much more than 5 folded tents
2. Jackasses were, are and always will be. No need to do something because of their existence.
3. There are not enough security tiers for non-members. Only friends (any My Friends are really trusted ones and they have access to bases all over the map) and Invited (which is problematic as each "invited" can become a recruit).
4. I hate spawning locations in Trapper Camp - they are everywhere
5. Tents/safehouses can be abandonned anytime

Hope to see you guys in one hour time!
Idling....
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 07:38:55 pm »

Sorry, I was late. Fucking railroad delay... some stealing dog told me you left 5 mins before.  :-\

Maybe we can organise some hunting on Friday evening? 2130?

BG,

"Graz"

MrSarcastic

• WWAA Shop
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 07:55:30 pm »

Dude, we're still on. Channel 999
Idling....

xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2013, 09:42:31 pm »

Thanks for playing. Despite low numbers its still was a lot of fun.
Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2013, 09:50:34 pm »

Damn my fucking English. Wednesday was today... Yeah, I'll try to be there next time !

sHoW.

• Who do you think you are?
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 04:30:37 am »

Damn my fucking English. Wednesday was today... Yeah, I'll try to be there next time !

Dude i was do same fail..
Im proud for my Country but shame on Salamander. If there will be NooB award he will have it.

MrSarcastic

• WWAA Shop
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 07:59:53 pm »

Thank you Everyone who participated All who supported the idea.

Despite low numbers it was fun. Once finished with hunts we did Stranded Rust quest for chars, who didn't do it before. Next time it may be a Mutant Cave, Unity/VC hunt, survival against predators or anything else you like.

Next hunt planned for 20:00 forum time on Friday.
Yes, thats Vendredi, Freitag, Viernes, пятница, Piątek, Pátek, Piatok, Péntek, Venerdì and 星期五 ;)

To participate just come to NCR at 8 PM or tune in to.
Radio 999
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 07:33:59 pm by MrSarcastic »
Idling....
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 18 queries.