"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 24, 2024, 12:18:49 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Remove Hinkley.  (Read 23778 times)

Re: Remove Hinkley.
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 02:17:29 pm »

What's the point of TC and all features outside of Hinkley if you can just fight at Hinkley, risk nothing and have the same fun? It's like a different server inside 2238.

The place doesn't hold much values of the rest of the game. There's no full loot, no risk and reward, no choices and consequences.

I can definitely say that it is not the same fun, though I could argue that it is less fun, less thrill as there is no risk, reward and competition goes in a completely different fashion than in an open world, not confined unimmersive arena.

t-888's motto: "if i don't like it, remove it. fuck the rest"

Oh what? You'd actually have to play the game, get equipment and interact with other players in order to have a fight? Couldn't play a faction mod like a loner anymore?

Oh boohoo, cry more noob.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 02:22:17 pm by T-888 »

Dark.

• I heard he came from the North.
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 02:23:11 pm »

There's no full loot, no risk and reward, no choices and consequences.
Sure. Because everyone can handle all the stuff needed to TC. Hinkley it's a good place for training and improving your PvP skill. It has to remain.

-1 to this suggestion.

avv

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2013, 02:25:07 pm »

Combat on 2238 is very simplistic, easy to play and easy to master. Thinking new players need specific training for that, well that's absurd and there's no better practice than the real deal even if you think so.

When I started playing in hinkley against one of my buddies who had been there for a while he won the first 20 rounds. That's 20 gear sets if it had not been hinkley. And the learning time would be about a week longer since you barely never fight more than 3 or 4 rounds in reno.
The game is not responsible for players who don't like to play it for what it really is, having an artificial arena alien to the game doesn't make it any better, just split the low amount of players we have that play a different game inside it.

You know why they play it? Because you see who you are set against, it's fair, there's no cheats involved and it's fast. Apply those in the actual gameplay and you can scrap hinkley. If you remove hinkley and there's a hugeass swarm in the wasteland destroying everything, the guys who would be doing hinkley totally won't unite against it or go do pvp no matter the odds. They just play some other game, stand in ncr or go fooling around with trollbuilds. It's because to do constant pvp, players need hope and good chances to win. The wasteland rarely offers those.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

manero

• FO:Reloaded
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2013, 02:34:51 pm »

Quick tip. Even if t888 and avv got right at some points i don't think anyone want to read all of their walls of text over and over. It's pointless even if it's connected with topic. After few posts we already know your points of view and there is no sense to post anything else. Seriously.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 02:41:52 pm by manero »
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2013, 02:42:26 pm »

When I started playing in hinkley against one of my buddies who had been there for a while he won the first 20 rounds. That's 20 gear sets if it had not been hinkley. And the learning time would be about a week longer since you barely never fight more than 3 or 4 rounds in reno.

I know a thing or two about improvement from other games, you learn the best once you are under pressure. So, in those few Reno fights you'd actually learn about the game much more than in some arena.

I never went to specifically practice there, only when there weren't any other players around elsewhere, but if there wasn't any Hinkley, I most probably wouldn't have to go there, because there would be other players elsewhere.

You know why they play it? Because you see who you are set against, it's fair, there's no cheats involved and it's fast.

So, that is basically saying, there are a lot players playing Hinkley that can't deal with the actual game. The game is too harsh?

Then again Hinkley doesn't make the game any better.

That's sad.

Fine, if we have so much of these players, then I guess the suggestion won't be supported.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 02:46:25 pm by T-888 »

Glumer

• The Evil Butchers
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 02:49:32 pm »

t-888's motto: "if i don't like it, remove it. fuck the rest"

a big NO to this crap suggestion.

In this who is for remove t888. Who another dont like his novels?
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2013, 02:51:29 pm »

I can move voice and talk about something, but the only thing you can do is come and mock someone and say nothing valuable or constructive.

If anyone should be removed from the forum, those would be bad trolls like you.

avv

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2013, 03:01:36 pm »

So, that is basically saying, there are a lot players playing Hinkley that can't deal with the actual game. The game is too harsh?

Do you deal with the game? As far as I know you're in the strongest faction of the game so basically how you "dealt" with the game was to join the strongest. It's not exactly a credible position to tell who can't deal with anything.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2013, 03:09:47 pm »

The place doesn't hold much values of the rest of the game. There's no full loot, no risk and reward, no choices and consequences.

I can definitely say that it is not the same fun, though I could argue that it is less fun, less thrill as there is no risk, reward and competition goes in a completely different fashion than in an open world, not confined unimmersive arena.

Oh what? You'd actually have to play the game, get equipment and interact with other players in order to have a fight? Couldn't play a faction mod like a loner anymore?

Oh boohoo, cry more noob.

yes, i actually play the game, yes i farm equipment, and yes i interact with other players in order to have a fight. and yes, i play a faction mod as a loner, OCCASIONALLY pvping with a few mates. got a problem with my playstyle? i don't give a shit. and i also don't give a shit about arrogant pricks like you thinking this game revolves around them.

crying? remember your walls of text crying about idler timer?  ;D

YOU? talking about RISK? when basically you got an infinite ammount of resources? gtfo.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 03:16:07 pm by DeputyDope »
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2013, 03:19:07 pm »

Do you deal with the game? As far as I know you're in the strongest faction of the game so basically how you "dealt" with the game was to join the strongest. It's not exactly a credible position to tell who can't deal with anything.

I had to get to that point and make certain events possible in order to reach the strongest faction, that was no coincidence.

Well, this could be a story, but trust me, the only reason I was able to get into that faction and stay because I was able to deal with the game.

OCCASIONALLY pvping with a few mates.

Noobs.

crying? remember the walls of text crying about idler timer?  ;D

Everything constructive that touches an issue is automatically crying for you, because you are blunt and shallow.

YOU? talking about RISK? when basically you got an infinite ammount of resources? gtfo.

Do I? How would you know that? We have to farm, craft once in a while like everyone, but since we are organized and experienced, things go easy for us.

avv

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2013, 03:30:31 pm »

I had to get to that point and make certain events possible in order to reach the strongest faction, that was no coincidence.

Well, this could be a story, but trust me, the only reason I was able to get into that faction and stay because I was able to deal with the game.

Point still stands: best way to deal with the game is to join the strongest.

Look man if you suffer from a problem where you got nobody to fight, leave from your gang and start your own from scratch. Before you have done that you don't really have the legitimacy to tell others what to do.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2013, 03:33:24 pm »

**picture of my dead character**
Noobs.
ok we are noobs  :-* :-* :-*
now you can sleep better at night knowing someone is n00b13r than you at an online game.

Everything constructive that touches an issue is automatically crying for you, because you are blunt and shallow.
what issue? that you can't use 20 characters in PVP anymore? let's not make this topic about idling timeout. you cried, your tears made a waterfall, now let's get over it.

Do I? How would you know that? We have to farm, craft once in a while like everyone, but since we are organized and experienced, things go easy for us.

once in a while doesn't mean most the time. the more players in a faction playing together, the lower the risk. that's why i don't want you talking to me about risk.
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2013, 03:43:57 pm »

Point still stands: best way to deal with the game is to join the strongest.

The best way how to deal with the game is to play it for what is was made, playing in a group, faction mod, like any other MMO where players are supposed to work together to achieve goals. Those who deny it, simply have problems with overcoming certain difficulties the game has.

Look man if you suffer from a problem where you got nobody to fight, leave from your gang and start your own from scratch. Before you have done that you don't really have the legitimacy to tell others what to do.

I would rather stop playing the game than play with another faction, and your saying I should make my own?

Anyway, that is too late, the community has evolved to the point where solid factions have been made and players who interested in combat already taken their places and there is not a stream of new players to recruit.

what issue? that you can't use 20 characters in PVP anymore? let's not make this topic about idling timeout. you cried, your tears made a waterfall, now let's get over it.

In matter of fact, I am very happy that I don't have to use many characters to fight, but the issue was about completely different subject which you didn't understand, didn't want to comprehend or you aren't able to and still keep being ignorant and shallow about it.

once in a while doesn't mean most the time. the more players in a faction playing together, the lower the risk. that's why i don't want you talking to me about risk.

Your choice how to play the game, but then don't whine about being a loner.

The faction I belong to, I have risked much more than you ever have. Do you know what risk and how much equipment it is to lose for such a large faction when you die with 3-4 wave alts against opponents with the same force?

That's like at least 30-40~(per fight, high risk, high reward) fully armed equipment sets, but such losses never did discourage us to keep playing the game and we dealt with that and we didn't come and whine on the forum how hard it is to do something.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 03:47:36 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2013, 03:57:04 pm »

yeah u have to farm like others , remember the time were tc chests were bugged , i doubt u havent recognized ...
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2013, 04:18:32 pm »

What hasn't been bugged in this game at some point? And whose fault is that?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 18 queries.