"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • April 16, 2024, 02:12:00 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Remove Hinkley.  (Read 23706 times)

Remove Hinkley.
« on: March 08, 2013, 12:03:28 pm »

Not sure what such a feature is doing in a game with full-loot and tons of empty unguarded places in the wasteland itself, while some guys play Hello Kitty Online in some enclave of the game.

There are players who are very active in some fake arena what is completely different then the whole game. I mean it is the most safest place in the wasteland, nothing happens there except random skirmishes which could be fought in the actual game, wasteland, not fake arena.

That's a place where the player doesn't risk anything, because protection is guaranteed, on top of that he is provided with free equipment. The place is completely alien to the game.

I would understand that the feature would be reserved for some team tournaments, opened on special occasions for players to form teams and compete in the most balanced possible way, truly determining the best by battling it out for the sake of solid, clean competition.

The location is sandboxed, if you don't play there this suggestion shouldn't even bother you.

That's the problem, it is sanboxed and all the players that are there I don't meet in the game. This is one of the reasons I guess for the mysterious 200 population when I can't find anyone in the game.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 12:12:57 pm by T-888 »

manero

• FO:Reloaded
Re: Remove Hinkley.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 12:10:35 pm »

What if some players like to compete on TC and Hinkley? I do.

You want to force players to play only in your playground. I don't like your suggestion.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 12:14:24 pm by manero »
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 12:15:34 pm »

Do you participate in some team tournaments there? Like I said, random skirmishes that could be fought elsewhere in the game.

You want to force players to play only in your playground. I don't like your suggestion.

Incorrect.

You also like Reno, am I right? Wouldn't you like to see more players there instead of Hinkley?

manero

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 12:21:50 pm »

I would like to see more people ingame. Removing features won't bring them.
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 12:31:39 pm »

I'd like that very much too, but in this case it would rather consolidate the players, unite them on a common ground in the game, not some enclave of it.

We already have Reno, place where players can do just that, fight skirmishes and they actually have to risk something and play the game how it is made.

I will check what's going on in Hinkley. Relog... Nothing... okey let's try New Reno again.

The dilemma is this, when there's nothing in Reno, there is no town control, that's the last place you check, but if that place wasn't there, you most probably wouldn't need to do that.

avv

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 12:33:49 pm »

Hinkley is a good place to learn some basic pvp moves without risking gear. I think it's fair that nuubs can train without first losing 100 sets of gear to pros. The reason other people like to play hinkley more than participate ingame activities lie in the game itself, not in hinkley. Two example are no cheating and relatively fair teams.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.

JovankaB

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 12:34:22 pm »

So basically you want to force people who like to play in Hinkley, to play the game the way you like or GTFO?
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 12:35:06 pm »

Of course that I prefer the "real" pvp outside The Hinkley, the problem I see here is where else to go once you checked all the unsafe locations for possible enemies and you find no one, but you find some guys in Hinkley? It's obvious I will join them because some pvp is always better than no pvp. Some people simply don't like fighting outside (no idea if it's because of the full-drop loot or their laziness).

Wouldn't you like to see more players there instead of Hinkley?
Personally I would. However, nowadays you rarely meet anyone anywhere (even Hinkley is mostly empty).

I think people are not motivated enough to visit unguarded towns. There is literally no reward for loners, few traders who offer just ordinary stuff that you can also buy at safe locations really won't bring anyone to these towns/locations.

Glumer

• The Evil Butchers
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 12:47:39 pm »

Remove hinkley, remove ncr, remove hub, remove san francisco, remove necropolis, remove junktown, mariposa, ... .... ... ... ... ... ... ... force people to move on north!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

What a shit thread, t888 are you serius? You are like Tespis when he loging his characters in ncr, hinkley and shouting to players move on north cause he had a swarm in this time :D
l
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 01:03:40 pm »

Hinkley is a good place to learn some basic pvp moves without risking gear. I think it's fair that nuubs can train without first losing 100 sets of gear to pros. The reason other people like to play hinkley more than participate ingame activities lie in the game itself, not in hinkley. Two example are no cheating and relatively fair teams.

Combat on 2238 is very simplistic, easy to play and easy to master. Thinking new players need specific training for that, well that's absurd and there's no better practice than the real deal even if you think so.

The game is not responsible for players who don't like to play it for what it really is, having an artificial arena alien to the game doesn't make it any better, just split the low amount of players we have that play a different game inside it.

So basically you want to force people who like to play in Hinkley, to play the game the way you like or GTFO?

Not necessarily how I like, but the way how the game is made, with full loot, risk and reward, with all it's basic attributes.

By the way I have to deal with this Idling timer and "risk" myself to play the game, at least that is what you think or GTFO and play like you think we should, that's no different.

I think people are not motivated enough to visit unguarded towns.

There's simple motivation to fight, just like they do in a fake arena, but there's a lot of things missing in that fake arena what the game provides.

What a shit thread, t888 are you serius? You are like Tespis when he loging his characters in ncr, hinkley and shouting to players move on north cause he had a swarm in this time :D

Then I guess me and Tespis have something in common - sense.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 01:50:06 pm by T-888 »
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 01:48:23 pm »

We could improve both T888 suggestions by removing idling timer in hinkley.
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 01:54:05 pm »

So, players should be able to play Hinkley instantly upon entering the game and the rest of the players who don't play it can GTFO?

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 01:59:10 pm »

What's the point of TC and all features outside of Hinkley if you can just fight at Hinkley, risk nothing and have the same fun? It's like a different server inside 2238.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground

manero

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 02:07:04 pm »

What's the point of TC and all features outside of Hinkley if you can just fight at Hinkley, risk nothing and have the same fun?

Have you ever played TC and Hinkley? It's totally different fun.

DeputyDope

• ǝdopʎʇndǝp
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 02:14:14 pm »

t-888's motto: "if i don't like it, remove it. fuck the rest"

a big NO to this crap suggestion.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 02:16:28 pm by DeputyDope »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 21 queries.