"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 28, 2024, 11:48:40 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Mount and blade Warband mod: Persistant World  (Read 3323 times)

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
Mount and blade Warband mod: Persistant World
« on: February 25, 2013, 10:14:36 am »

So basically this mod puts you in a decent sized map, with a maximum of 200 players on the server.  there is 8 factions (by memory)  and depending on the server there may be other permanent ones but the only always perma are:

1.  commoners
2.  bandits

other 6 are player run factions.

You start off as a commoner and do whatever you want as long as you roleplay it.

Players can join up and join faction etc etc.  you're prolly gonna get robbed a decent bit in the beginning.  Safety in numbers.  It's free roam world, and it's a lot like an MMO, except you know, not shitty.

When you die you lose EVERYTHING except not all of your money, you keep most of it though you lose a decent portion above a certain threshold.

I was personally a lord of a faction I named the Kureklan Guards, at one time, who went around and protected people from bandits and of course defended our town.  We had 16 members (which is actually a decent bit, since there was only about 80 people on the server at the time) including me and we were constantly getting beaten back into our castles after a while by 2 factions who allies to attack us.  We eventually beat them back used our stored money to buy equipment and horses, took their equipment from last battle, and charged their castles and took them, killing them off repeatedly wherever we found them.  The sieges are awesome, we had two doctors who healed us up when hurt.

Fun stuff.

There is a LOT of other stuff too, but it's too much to talk about it all.  Check it out for yourself.

you require Mount and Blade Warband and to download the mod to play.
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Mr.NiceGuy

• Surprise Motherfucker !
Re: Mount and blade Warband mod: Persistant World
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 11:15:25 am »

wait wait wait.... you are telling me that now we can play sandbox mod online? ... fucking epic, tnx for share :D

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 05:14:54 pm »

I doubt my computer will run it without slowly melting, but it seems like a very neat thing. So, to some degree it is like DayZ (as in you lose your stuff and the sheer brutality of the game) + FOnline (as in the faction dictated politics) + Mount and Blade (as in obviously being a Mount and Blade mod)? Interesting...
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 08:17:17 pm »

Don't even bother if you don't posses imba melee fighting skills. Everyone I tried playing M&B I got outblocked by literally everyone. Animations are confusing and affter 70 hours of playing I was still garbage.
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 08:56:24 pm »

Whoa, this sounds neat indeed.

Thanks for the info, will give it a try.

Haraldx

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 10:42:57 pm »

Dunno, I was kinda good at mount and blade combat. True, that was about 2 years ago when I played it, and even then I almost never started up the multiplayer.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

Michaelh139

• Goin for 900,000...
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 05:35:07 am »

Don't even bother if you don't posses imba melee fighting skills. Everyone I tried playing M&B I got outblocked by literally everyone. Animations are confusing and affter 70 hours of playing I was still garbage.
Easy to learn hard to master eh? :D

Don't feel bad I kinda suck too, though I feel it is mostly lag.  many times i see my shield literally their hits go through the shield, like the mace goes through shield and into my head, like WTF?  I only have 50-60 ping on average...

I doubt my computer will run it without slowly melting, but it seems like a very neat thing. So, to some degree it is like DayZ (as in you lose your stuff and the sheer brutality of the game) + FOnline (as in the faction dictated politics) + Mount and Blade (as in obviously being a Mount and Blade mod)? Interesting...
exactly. 

Only catch is you have to roleplay just about everything when interacting with other players, in important things anyways, like hiring someone to assassinate, or if you die, you cannot revenge kill someone, etc.

These rules are entirely ignored on russian servers, most of which are illegal cracked versions.

I personally am a master thief, just today, I robbed 10 castles and made 100k, usually only getting 2-10k from each without getting caught.  yesterday I robbed one faction's chest of 50k.

I feel all fuzzy inside when on global chat people go "WTF WHERE IS ALL MY MONEY!?!?!?!?"

Dumbasses should leave the gates to the inner keep closed next time, though if they're not retarded I have a friend become engineer and build a ladder on the wall in a discreet place, so you simply cannot stop me....

To give you an idea, the best armor (aside from plate armor which costs a whole set 50k) costs only 10-15k a set + weapons + horse.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 05:37:48 am by Michaelh139 »
Whenever I say something, imagine \"In my opinion"/ being in the front of every sentence.

Knife_cz

• Ah yes 'Reapers'. Get out of here stalker.
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 03:15:12 pm »

Sounds pretty nice, god why have I bought MB : Fire and Sword :v. Ya know I was like 'This one is newer, same price..Ill take the new one!'  Oh well.

Haraldx

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 04:27:25 pm »

I never really liked the aspect of firearms in my Mount and Blade. Sure, there are realism clans with servers, creating awesome line battles and what not, but I kinda think that M&B is just much more suitable for a more skillful sword play and bow thing, less projectiles flying at incomprehensible speeds. I might give the mod a shot, I used to play with about 200 + bots on field, I shouldn't have problems playing this (even more so if I turn the graphics down).

Mr.NiceGuy

• Surprise Motherfucker !
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 07:05:49 pm »

Sounds pretty nice, god why have I bought MB : Fire and Sword :v. Ya know I was like 'This one is newer, same price..Ill take the new one!'  Oh well.

hahah same here, just checked on steam they buffed price of warband to 20 € and fire and sword is like 10 €, I'll wait until they make that mod for WFAS
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.