"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • July 03, 2024, 09:27:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Destroy and or upgrade faction bases  (Read 1637 times)

Destroy and or upgrade faction bases
« on: August 23, 2012, 08:04:31 pm »

Now that we can have unlimited bases under one faction name some faction may have reached a state where they have filled the map with bases almost everywhere. Would be nice if faction leader characters would have the option to demolish or remake bases here is a small list for what would solve this keep in mind that now if a faction wants less bases then they have they got to make a new faction however its a false solution since the old bases will still exist same with marking bases not allowed for all since those bases would still exist.
Some situation examples:
-Faction builds a trapper camp then realize they need more room to store stuffs in the lockers (for carpet makers its not so big deal but even they store some stuffs in lockers) so instead of making a new one next to this base they upgrade it to a different base.
-Faction builds a base to the right of NCR but then they realize they want the base to be on the left side. So they get it destroyed.
-Faction has been dissolved only one player left he want less bases then he has, so he gets them demolished.

avv

Re: Destroy and or upgrade faction bases
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 08:24:32 pm »

I support this. Instead of remaking bases, we should be able to upgrade them. Trapper camps are good starting bases but they have bad spawns and no materials. Would be better for server that there's less bases overall anyway.
Based on evidence collected from various sources by trustworthy attendees it is undisputed veritability that the land ravaged by atomic warfare which caused extreme change of the ecosystem and environmental hazards can be considered unpleasant, rugged and unforgiving.
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 09:44:47 am »

You can change clearance to that none will access the base.
I prefer that option which is reversible, than pure destruction, with no way to come back.

About upgrade, it could be interesting, altough, it could be nice, sometimes, to come back in your old trapper camp, after been used to the outpost, next to it.
This old base is like an old friend that you didn't visited often.

I hope there would be no destruction. (it is not a shared opinion, just that i got fond of this cession bases)
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2012, 10:12:17 am »

I'm not sure this would work... I use my gas station as parking lot and it's right next to outpost...
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 09:12:48 am »

You can change clearance to that none will access the base.
I prefer that option which is reversible, than pure destruction, with no way to come back.
I prefer destruction with no way to reverse :) Although base clearance can do some nice stuffs to hide bases we no longer wish to see but as I said they still exist. And as Avv have said it may free up some space on the server not much though or maybe yes in case some gangs have filled up the worldmap with their bases.
Its nice to see the upgrade idea sounds ok.

I'm not sure this would work... I use my gas station as parking lot and it's right next to outpost...
I don't know either. Its just an idea that may or may not appeal to devs in either cases they are probably busy on repairing other mechanics so changes like this may not be top priority which is understandable.
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 01:58:38 pm »

I prefer being able to put the access again or limit it to some particular statuses.

There is too much dumb in every faction, that could delete the wrong base and would find excuses instead of rebuild it themselves, which would be verry pissing off...

Stration

• Get off my lawn.
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 03:05:22 pm »

I support this idea, but I think the feature should not be implemented until just before the wipe due to a huge number of things that can go wrong with it.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2013, 01:46:03 am »

it would be best if you could merge bases (like having the "old" base be a secondary part of the "new" base) AND have bases be upgradable (building walls around and new buildings, digginf tunnels etc).
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2013, 12:12:21 pm »

Suggestion:
Option in terminal (or campfire): Upgrade base/tent/safe house
Choices (you pay cash and/or items for it. ): plant trees, create a farm (fruits+fibers), build a still, build a brahmin pen, build a mine, build a waterpump, build a slaughterhous, build a parking lot, build an additional house (where you can drop lockers) etc.
not everything available for tent/safe house/every base.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:14:46 pm by Edik »
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 12:20:28 pm »

+1 to
Upgrades and destruction
Maybe when destroying the base, degrade it to a construction site map where some of the materials are given back and lay on the ground.
After picking them up the site can be finally deleted via the terminal.
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 03:00:46 pm »

Or simply make Bases lvl 1 , lvl 2 , lvl 3 each with x-times more materials.
- with more parking places or with underground or ...

The easiest way is to add the new bases , one with a lot of parking places , one small base, or underground base ... i prefer map like tent map but with terminal and small underground :)

greenthumb

• Surprisingly, the location has moved.
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 03:13:43 pm »

@demolition:

since demolition isnt free action same as construction itself. It would be nice to see guy resbonsible for demolition of usless constructions. He should stand next to one providing construction workers and he should charge similar amount in caps.
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 10:50:48 pm »

It doesn't seem unrealistic to require less caps in order to destroy the base, than to build it.

the underground

• very grumpy bear
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2013, 12:50:02 am »

ive worked on construction and demo sites; it really does take a lot more work to build that to destory, but the cleanups a lot easier on builds than cleanup.
but it the end, demos still WAAAAAY easier than building.
nobody wants him so he just stares at the world
planning the vengeance that he will soon unfurl

Kill A VC For Democracy!!!!
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 22 queries.