"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • September 29, 2024, 05:33:45 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Don't log off in World Map.  (Read 8232 times)

Re: Don't log off in World Map.
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2013, 01:00:34 am »

How did a mere warning thread so people don't die due to a bug became another PVP rage thread?

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013, 09:05:53 am »

i think this feature should have either outdoorsman check.

Or Sneak. Good idea. A good outdoor survivalist must be able to hide himself from predators.
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013, 07:46:42 pm »

haha, u play ''VERY SERIOUSLY'' , yet ure alone, u think ure another Chosen one here? That shit might have worked quite well in single player fallout but not here!
Btw i fight in tc this session, and i like new idling timer system, never had time to prepare 1000000000 alts new town!

No i dont think that i"m an chosen one. I have say that i play with 2 players. The new system is good for big teams, not for little teams or loner player.

T888- :    All wasn't active, but have decided yesterday to come back to use all the stuff we have in tc, then stop the game and wait for wipe. We have do some actions yesterday in reno, i think you was probably here.

Dick McGee

• Pocket inspector
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2013, 12:01:37 am »

I'm really not liking the new system either. I haven't been killed while logged out yet, but it's a pain in the ass if I'm in a dangerous town and I'm not even safe going to the WM for a minute. Like others have said, it's kinda stupid that I need to log out if I'm traveling and get a phone call or something.
Also, I have been getting random encounters while idling over towns, although I'm fairly sure that's nothing new. IMO, if the new system stays is place then I feel like you should be safe while hovering on a "civilized" tile (like the green spot for NCR, Hub, San Fran etc.).

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2013, 01:32:15 am »

That won't happen in regard of the "civilized" areas, someone rather makes the game less exploitable in expense of comfort.

This system should have never taken place, the developer behind it can't admit the system is just as flawed as it used to be and the "improvements" is just a tradeoff for the same comfort, for a player friendly environment with unnecessarily complex solution to comprehend at first precisely targeting the relevance of well being of new players. Everything is boiled down to "getting used to" and how am I tired to hear this bullshit as I don't want to deal with the bitter cake the developers try to shove into me and present as the next best thing or some crap.

Nobody asked me or anyone else in the matter of fact whether someone would even this kind of system, it just appeared.

Alvarez

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2013, 02:06:12 am »

It would be good if one could put up a tent directly from the worldmap, or car if one need to go AFK really fast. You will still require a folded tent in inventory, though.

TKs-KaBoom

• The Usual Suspect (according to Surf)
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2013, 03:34:25 am »

agree with previous two posts - should be safe over guarded town and be able to pitch your tent from WM
It's all really about suppression of dissension, consensus through censorship.  Whether through extermination of those who have different or conflicting viewpoints or subtle spin of available media.  If there is only one opinion left, it must be right, right?

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2013, 10:42:30 am »

should be safe over guarded town and be able to pitch your tent from WM
Yes yes,yes.yes please.

Alvarez

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2013, 11:50:33 am »

Or alternatively "hide" in the desert, if you have enough Outdoor and SandRobes.
Thus, this armor gains a purpose, like some kind of Ghillie suit.
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2013, 02:09:02 pm »

Totally agree with this, please just give safe WM on town or area that we can leave chars WM.

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2013, 02:28:58 pm »

Totally agree with this, please just give safe WM on town or area that we can leave chars WM.
Meh,I'd like it more if it was only for loged in chars,since I'd like to be able to leave the game without having to search for a town/tent/base to enter.

JovankaB

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2013, 03:15:41 pm »

If "camping" on WM was possible it couldn't be over circles with town preview
and only with increasing idling timer (for everyone in the "WM camp" group).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 03:18:02 pm by JovankaB »

Alvarez

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2013, 03:23:34 pm »

If "camping" on WM was possible it couldn't be over circles with town preview and only with increasing idling timer (for everyone in the "WM camp" group).

And with camouflaging Sand Robes on?
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2013, 03:26:32 pm »

I have to agree with jovanka, it takes only 10 seconds to drive to another unguarded city and leave the car in base.

Would bring FR back.

JovankaB

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2013, 03:30:04 pm »

And with camouflaging Sand Robes on?

I don't see much point of it, could be just "safe camping" button on WM interface.
Otherwise it would be very obscure for new players that there is such possibility.
And why going to toilet should be only possible if you have some item...

If you mean requirement to wear robe instead of idling timer increase, the
thing is multilogging PvP ape can have such robe without a problem.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 03:38:38 pm by JovankaB »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 22 queries.