"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 28, 2024, 04:14:46 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: After Reset - classic post-apocalyptic role-playing game  (Read 23641 times)

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
Re: After Reset - classic post-apocalyptic role-playing game
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2013, 09:34:55 pm »

Looks like Dust 514 armor to me.
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2013, 04:33:40 pm »

The video series of After Reset™ Developer Diaries began from "Diary #001: Camera Programming".

Watch it on You Tube in HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZv9Gu-0PHY&feature=youtu.be

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2013, 04:40:16 pm »

Looks like Dust 514 armor to me.

Really?

Mike Crosser

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2013, 07:42:04 pm »

Really?

Well now that you got it up close, yeah kinda does.
Maybe it's just me.

Looks cool anyway.

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2013, 10:46:33 pm »

The video series of After Reset™ Developer Diaries began from "Diary #001: Camera Programming".

Watch it on You Tube in HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZv9Gu-0PHY&feature=youtu.be

You should include subtitles because you are very hard to understand in the video. Also, I am instantly turned off by this game due to the way the player has to fight the whole time with the camera
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2013, 03:16:28 am »

The player doesn't "have" to fight with the camera there is the follow player button which seems to work ok, I second the subtitles though

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2013, 11:36:43 am »

All of the topdown 3d RPGs I played that had this kind of camera were incredibly shitty for me and I eventually stopped playing. So yeah I have my doubts about this.

Mike Crosser

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2013, 11:43:47 am »

All of the topdown 3d RPGs I played that had this kind of camera were incredibly shitty for me and I eventually stopped playing. So yeah I have my doubts about this.
So you stopped playing a potentially good game because of camera issues?Isn't that a bit overkill?

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2013, 11:47:09 am »

So you stopped playing a potentially good game because of camera issues?Isn't that a bit overkill?

When a game becomes a chore and not fun anymore, why should I keep playing it?
This is getting pretty offtopic anyway.

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2013, 12:50:25 pm »

When a game becomes a chore and not fun anymore, why should I keep playing it?
+1
Founder of Fallout Online Australia
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2013, 02:27:30 pm »

You should include subtitles because you are very hard to understand in the video.
Maybe I'm weird, but I found it easy to understand (except one word I think).
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2013, 07:46:13 pm »

Do not worry, you are able to set any top-down camera view and fix it to follow the player.
« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2013, 06:47:10 pm »

Hello, fellows,There are new concepts and some relevant info from After Reset™ Wiki below (WARNING: spoilers!)
Stalkers – a little known group of Survivors, mostly encountered near Artifacts left behind by the Incorporeals. For most other Survivors, they remain legends, the keepers of these Artifacts. According to these legends, the Stalkers are former Survivors who found the entrance to an Artifact, and came under its control. The fact that these groups exist was not confirmed until the Dallas Incident* of 123 AR. After this the technical superiority of these groups over the other Survivors became obvious, though this was unlikely to be due solely to human technology.
* The Dallas Incident – a historically significant military incident, that happened in 129 AR in one of the largest cities of the Past Era, Dallas, Texas, USA. It was in this year that the United Governments went out onto the Earth's surface for the first time since the Reset. Three UG Military Corps regiments made an attempt to tactically capture the ruins of the former metropolis, Dallas, chosen as a symbolic starting point for the revival of civilization from the ashes. The OG troops, centuries ahead technologically of the disparate anarchist Survivor groups, who then inhabited the city’s ruins, took the city center almost without bloodshed where the Artifact of the Incorporeals was. However, during the approach, the OG met a group previously unknown to them, the so-called Stalkers, who were technologically inferior to the OG. The small group held on to the approaches to the Artifact down to the last. They were able not only to fight of the UG forces, but also make the Military Corps regiments fire on one another. At a cost of only 843 soldiers, the UG managed to break the resistance of the Stalkers and destroy the Artifact. The historic significance of the Dallas Incident to the UG is impossible to overstate: the UG successfully destroyed that which all humanity of the Past Era was unable to, the Incorporeals didn’t appear, the UG became more convinced of their capabilities and the fact that they were chosen to revive humanity. In memory of the UG soldiers who gave their lives, they began the restoration of New Dallas with the construction of Tower 843 in the place where the UG artifact once was.
Mutated Citizen – a person affected by one of the varieties of Biomass, for whom the infection has already passed from the incubation period to become irreversible. Because of the characteristic features of the infection, which cause mutations in the musculoskeletal system and the central nervous system, this being moves much slower than a normal human and frequently dies from lack of food. However, the main danger they pose is the possibility of their infecting other people, thereby provoking a real epidemic.

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2013, 07:13:46 pm »

me gusta at max. everything I've seen so far.
« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2013, 09:40:18 pm »

me gusta at max. everything I've seen so far.
Thank you  ;)

Please, Like us on https://www.facebook.com/afterreset
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 18 queries.