"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 10:35:38 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: After Reset - classic post-apocalyptic role-playing game  (Read 23684 times)

Re: After Reset - classic post-apocalyptic role-playing game
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2013, 10:38:25 pm »

First 3d-sketches:

Senocular

• The Real Roleplayer
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 11:40:32 pm »

An alarm clock with a radio function, yay!
Favorite forum posters:
Mike Crosser, the underground
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 11:24:16 pm »

A new piece of concept arts has been released for the upcoming After Reset™ Game.

THE PAST AGE

The golden era of humanity. A triumph of globalization personified by establishing United Governments. The concept of an organization representing interests of all civilized nations of the Earth was first proposed at the UN Security Council by the Alliance countries during the Second World War of the Past Age. After the war, unidentified members of the Council recognized that the organization was necessary and agreed to its creation, giving it the authority to act across the whole globe. This unit was given military as well as political resources to let it quietly suppress any armed conflict, from local ethnic disorders to regional wars anywhere in the world. The main aim of the organization at that time was to prevent global conflicts at short notice. After the collapse of the main geopolitical rival, who interfered with the organization and the commercialization of national interests of all the participating countries during the last century of the Past Age, any information on the organization hardly had appeared even on the pages of tabloids. However, as it turned out later, all the while the influence net of the consortium, its’ funding, membership, interests and character had been evolving, however, staying in the shade, even for some members of governments of the participating countries. The United Governments (UG) as a single organization representing the interests of all mankind became known to citizens only a few years before the Reset. By the time alien ships had appeared above and in the cities of megapolises the United Governments were forced to go public about their existence. For 2 BR years heads of the majority if countries possessing nuclear weapons, officially confirmed the existence and powers of the United Governments as an international organization representing the interests of the Earth and all humanity instead of the United Nations (in fact, being a political, economic, scientific and military elite of the society).

UG BUNKER INTERIOR

In the course of the Reset, after the nuclear strikes on the extraterrestrial objects, and the instantly ensuing chain reaction in Earth's atmosphere, members of the UG elite, and the most advanced UG infrastructure, having previously been sheltered in deep-underground and underwater bunkers, were left to their fates, living in the bowels of the planet. All tunnels, mine-shafts, subway lines, and above-ground bunkers were either under impassable rubble, or sealed up tightly. Movements in the Earth's crust, and a pole shift as a result of the Reset and t morphing, eventually led to the destruction of parts of the underground and underwater bunker-cities of the UG.

TARKOVSKY GHOSTS

During the Reset most of humanity of the Past Age died out, but several of its’ members managed to survive by turning to the deepest of all the human instincts - the instinct of survival. To the instinct, inevitably leading to the manifestation of other animal qualities of people: anarchy and struggling for resource remains, bloodlust and fighting for power, carnality, cannibalism and depravity. For the handful of those who survived the Reset and were left alone on the dying planet, primitive instincts became the only way to survive. These people began calling themselves the Survivors. In 98 AR in the epicenters of nuclear attacks (the destroyed capitals of the Past Age), as well as in some other post-industrial areas a dramatic change in the pattern of radiation background was detected: a sudden drop of irradiation to the acceptable for humans level, the appearance of migratory forms of radiation, as well as periodic bursts of radiation which remain unstudied. Covered with ash, but available for accommodation and looting, destroyed cities were almost immediately settled by the savviest groups.

EXPLORING AN ABANDONED CITY

Since the beginning of its existence, humanity endowed certain places and territories with personal features and consciousness, sometimes even adopting humanoid forms: "the spirits of the forest", "swamp demons", "genies of the desert" etc. In the technocratic turn in the development of the civilization, such beliefs fell into disuse, remaining only in folk traditions and legends. The allegory was revived by Strugatsky brothers at the beginning of the Past Age in their book "The Roadside Picnic", later popularized with the screen-version by Andrey Tarkovsky. Even then, they predicted a chance of gaining self-awareness by some of the territories, which would influence everything happening in them to the boundless level: ranging from the behavior of organisms to the laws of physics.

YEAR 112AR THE RISE OF THE UNITED GOVERNMENTS

Nonetheless, the high level of scientific, economic, social and military development of the UG, the composition of the groups of UG members in the shelters, and the threat of the extinction of mankind as a species, have allowed the UG to not only survive, but thrive, becoming the living embodiment of the innovative tendencies of the Past Age. All the same, it is worth noting that the development of the UG was severely constricted by the limited amount of useful space in the underground and underwater areas, as well as by the Regimen of Silence, a program put in place to keep the Incorporeals from knowing of the continued existence of the UG after the Reset, and also to study the effects of the incident, and the possibilities for human survival. Such isolation allowed the UG to return to studying the Reset, and the extraordinarily advanced technology of the Incorporeals, which was apparently somehow connected with them. The simultaneous sharp decline of the aliens' population on earth over the first 100 years, together with the growing strength of the morphing of Earth caused the UG's priorities to shift from the expulsion of the aliens, to the rebirth of the true humanity, of which the UG considered itself the rightful representative. Having moved a whole epoch beyond the technology of the Past Age allowed the UG in 112 AR to establish a few outposts on the planet's surface, and install barriers and radiation shields over industrial areas reclaimed from the Survivors. Having not encountered a preventative attack from the Incorporeals, and having analyzed the current situation, as of 132 AR, the United Governments are beginning to think about open expansion through the areas that can support life, currently in the hands of Survivors. As the UG gradually moves toward the "Green Zones," of the Toltecs, the wheels of war begin to spin once again. A war for the remains of a planet, a planet which they consider their own…

You can find full list of After Reset™ concept arts on on http://www.afterreset.com/media.

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 04:03:04 am »

Very interesting text, and awesome concept art.

Btw, where is this pic supposed to be set?

Also, you have repeated the last pic, maybe you meant to upload a different one?

Gimper

• You gotta be kidding me... shoo shoo mighty hacker
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 04:26:52 am »

It does indeed look nice. But from what I remember, the Unity engine doesn't have much content to offer.

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 07:50:15 am »

It does indeed look nice. But from what I remember, the Unity engine doesn't have much content to offer.

Unity is a fantastic engine.
( Personal experience )
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2013, 06:29:47 pm »

I am somewhat skeptic of this... I couldn't find a single mention of actual gameplay, and really, writing a deep story and describing an immersive world is all great, but I might as well just buy a book. When you can, it would be nice to see a vertical slice or something of that sort.

In either way, good luck.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.

xsarq

• You Can't Kill What's Already Dead
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 06:35:56 pm »

Even heard about Planascape Torment?

Story>>>All other game elements.
If the story is good then the game will be good too.
Scamers: Grimmi
Beware of trading with this person.

Haraldx

• This forum... The memories... The history...
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2013, 03:55:01 pm »

Even heard about Planascape Torment?

Story>>>All other game elements.
If the story is good then the game will be good too.
Planescape's story and character design pretty much carried the game. If the writing was average, I'd say the whole game is possibly even below average, as the rest of the game was nothing particularly impressive. It might be a preference, but I like my games with more than text. Besides, Planescape was released in 1999. It's 2013 now. If the story is on-par with Planescape's and the rest of the game also suffers from the same problems, I do have to ask - What have the game developers learned from the past 14 years? Times change and I am expecting progress in the industry, not stagnation. Sure, PS:T can be discussed for quite some time and arguments can be made. I will say, that yes, the post you are reading is not 100% objective.
Quick edit: now as I read through it may seem like I'm a hater on PS:T. Not the case, I liked the game. I just should learn to write sentences that make sense.
I still can be reached over e-mail if you somehow need anything from me. Don't see a reason why you would, but if you do, e-mail remains the safest bet, as I do not visit this forum reliably anymore.
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2013, 02:18:01 pm »

We have done programming camera for old-school rpg top-down view. There are screenshots below as demonstration.

Please, keep in mind that this is not level from the game setting, and the level of graphics in final build will be no worse than that.

NO PHOTOSHOP - REALTIME ONLY

Mike Crosser

• Gambling: 60%
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2013, 08:06:29 am »

Mmmm yes looks good.

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2013, 03:25:10 pm »

Beautiful.
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

Gob

• The Good
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2013, 11:01:42 pm »

me gusta
« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2013, 11:39:10 pm »

Guy at screens look like stormtrooper  ;D
TBH - The Black Hearts...
Future of wasteland

Cyber Jesus

• I piss excellence
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2013, 09:15:36 am »

Guy at screens look like stormtrooper  ;D
Looks like doom 3 marine to me
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 21 queries.