"Wasteland is harsh"
Home Forum Help Login Register
  • March 29, 2024, 12:25:06 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Play WikiBoy BugTracker Developer's blog
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: After Reset - classic post-apocalyptic role-playing game  (Read 23653 times)

After Reset - classic post-apocalyptic role-playing game
« on: February 24, 2013, 01:52:31 pm »

Hello there!

I would like to present my new indie rpg in fallout-style:)

www.afterreset.com

After Reset™ - a csi-fi post-apocalyptic role-playing game.

DESCRIPTION:
After Reset™ - a classic roleplaying open world game with old school top view, which action takes place in the future on Earth dying slowly after nuclear cataclysm that buried nearly all life on the planet.

PLOT:
Planet Earth. 132 years after the "Reset," the thermonuclear apocalypse which ended human civilization. Around one third of the globe is covered by "Yellow Zones," where the ruins of cities are covered with radioactive dust. In these areas, anarchist "Survivor" groups have taken control, and uncontaminated food and drinking water are valued at parity with human life. Another third of the Earth is in the agony of the "Red Zones," the epicenters of the deadly anomalies which arose as a result of a nuclear chain reaction in the atmosphere, and the morphing of the planet. The majority of terrestrial organisms are not capable of surviving in the "Red Zones," which makes it a perfect home for mutants and "guests" from deep space. The planet is unrecognizable and empty…

CORE FEATURES:
• EMOTIONAL AND PROFOUND STORY: it makes you feel nostalgic for the classics of RPG, such as Fallout 1/2, Torment Planescape, or Baldur’s Gate.

•  LIFELIKE AND SERIOUS ENVIRONMENT: you are immersed in the tragic story of a dying world, surviving every day traveling among the ruins and anomalies, stealing and trading information, and interacting with other survivors.

• BRANCHING CHARACTER-DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM: Think, plan, and play through the development of your character in any way you choose, using our huge system of characteristics, items, perks, and skills, in the style of the best features of D20 and S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

GENRE: RPG.

TARGET AUDIENCE: males, 21+ y.o., from USA, Canada, Europe.

TARGET PLATFORM: PC (Windows, Linux), Mac OS X.

GAME ENGINE: Unity 3D.

GAME MODE: single-player, co-op.

SEVERAL CONCEPT-ARTS:

SEVERAL AUDIO:
http://www.afterreset.com/ARMEDIA/TEMPImages/Main%20Theme%20%5BFilippov%20Andrei%5D.wav
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 07:03:39 pm by MrNixon »

BenKain

• Independent Developer
Re: After Reset - classic post-apocalyptic role-playing game
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 01:54:01 pm »

Beautiful concept art... On my way to see this right away...

Edit: I went. I saw. I slobbered. When is projected release date?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 01:56:54 pm by BenKain »
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 02:10:54 pm »

If you plan on going kickstarter, I would highly suggest you get a tech-demo ready first.  Very helpful for those without an actual history in the business otherwise it often time merely seems like a good idea instead of something that can become a game.  (I am of course assuming you are using the free version of unity and can get a tech-demo out without having to put down a lot of cash on the actual unity engine until the game is released/reaches funding)  You already have it on NMA which is great, I would also suggest the WL2 forum. 

I almost forgot, have your kickstarter page truly ready for when it is up, have your bonus funding goals ready beforehand (doesn't mean you have to show them all at start but just have a good idea for what you want to add for X amount of dollars above the marker.), don't ask for a penny more than you need (unless you want a higher risk of the kickstarting to fail) and have your reward tiers planned out before the actual launch (some companies fuck this up and have terrible rewards for the higher tiers)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 02:19:49 pm by Slaver Snipe »

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 02:27:07 pm »

Most impressive, Mr.Nixon!

JovankaB

• Rotator
  • JovankaB
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 02:34:52 pm »

looks very nice, good luck

Rascal

• FOnline2!
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 02:51:44 pm »

turn based or real time combat ?
any single one "ingame" screen ?

gl!
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 03:11:41 pm »

I went. I saw. I slobbered. When is projected release date?
Thank you, BenKain. Due to this is my hobby and due to my strict principle "if you do something - do it well", I think the full game could be released at 2015 if I proceed on my own like nowadays. But if I gather support from Kickstarter this fall, then I think I can publish short Prequel ("The Fall of Gyes") spring of 2014 and the full game autumn of 2014.

If you plan on going Kickstarter, I would highly suggest you get a tech-demo ready first... (I am of course assuming you are using the free version of unity)...
Slaver Snipe, thank you as well. Yes, I plan to build a short Prequel (tech-demo) and give it to play for supporters from Kickstarter. But no, I'm going to use full commercial version of Unity. Despite I don't put graphics as the feature of the game, I follow my principle "good or nothing". I've already spent about $10k of my own for this hobby. And there are only few materials published yet.

Most impressive, Mr.Nixon!
Thank you, Alvarez. Your words are really appreciated.

looks very nice, good luck
Thank you, JovankaB. May the Powerarmor Mk-2 be with you )

turn based or real time combat ? any single one "ingame" screen ? gl!
Thank you, Rascal. Realtime but based on TB counting (like Neverwinter Nights is). Not yet any screens of AR, but you can find several screens of what I made on  other Engine on my forum (moreover you can find video on Internet by searching Google "Fallout D20")

Eternauta

• Beyond repair.
    • Crazy 88 Official Forum
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 06:51:09 pm »

Seems interesting.
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 08:34:41 pm »

Gameplay video?

Mr Feltzer

• FOnline: Australia
    • The Core Gaming Australia's Website
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 06:02:28 am »

Fantastic work.
( That Red-Zone, Yellow-Zone thing reminds me of C&C3 )
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 06:07:03 am by Mr Feltzer »
Founder of Fallout Online Australia

Surf

• это моё.
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 12:21:17 pm »

Concept art looks great, the rest is a bit fishy. (typos, overambitious, no set team yet etc)

vedaras

• King of the wasteland
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 12:04:53 am »

well it looks quite good actually, but what concerncs me is:
as i remember you made fallout mode on some other game (cant remember the name) was it finished?
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 07:23:29 pm »

Thanks, guys for your support!

as i remember you made fallout mode on some other game (cant remember the name) was it finished?
I made it playable build on dedicated server, but then disappointed and killed it )

Alvarez

• Forget the past, go outside and have a blast
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 07:32:24 pm »

Thanks, guys for your support!
I made it playable build on dedicated server, but then disappointed and killed it )

And why exactly has driven you to kill that project? I'm afraid it will eventually lead to stillbirth of this one.
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 10:47:58 pm »

And why exactly has driven you to kill that project? I'm afraid it will eventually lead to stillbirth of this one.
I would never have copyright in it.
Anyway, nothing is certain but death and taxes... and war :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 18 queries.